I had to post... how often do you fly?
1307 11 2017-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rancher
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56824 ft
United States

Okay, forget all the "this does not work...blah blah blah" Today is FRIDAY....I bought my drone last Friday. I got to fly it an hour on Saturday and an hour or two on Sunday...but too dark and too much to do all week long.

So.. tomorrow, I am driving to see the in-laws and told my wife we are leaving as early as we can, even if that means throwing the kids in the car at 4am.. lol... cause daddy wants to have some time to fly!

So, today, I am watching videos, reading posts, doing what I can from work (while in between doing actual WORK)...and I am posting here, living vicariously through all you gine people ;)

So, how often do YOU get to fly, on average? I feel like "I" have to wait for the weekends and the week dddddrrrrraaaaagggggsss..

Russ

p.s. thank you all for all the help you have given and patience this first week.

Single SelectVote, Total 14 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-12-22
Use props
Rancher
lvl.3
United States

Yes, I typo'd week to wek.. but will not allow me to change it
2017-12-22
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's another identical thread like this floating around. Winter season is upon us in NE so if temps are above 40 then 1x week tops...Spring/Summer/Fall ...oh then 2-3 per week if possible.
2017-12-22
Use props
Rancher
lvl.3
United States

Oh, sorry. I will go look at that one and delete this one. Did not mean to double post.. was just bored.

oh.. sorry.. will not let me delete it. Sorry for making a 2nd post heh

but..since we are here.. lez see..

I hate cold, but the one place I went to that I would love to fly over is Rhode Island.. oohh.. or the Berkshires up in, I think.. Connecticut?  We went there for our Honeymoon, beautiful.

Anyway, just at work, slow, quiet, so hanging out on forums.

R

2017-12-22
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

When Mavic was announced, last year, I was about to purchase but DJI was let wit delivery - winter come and I postponed, This summer I bought one and I was flying nearly every day, till the end of November ... now I have twice self-discharge of batteries - bad weather, bad mood .... But spring is around the corner
2017-12-22
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I would fly everyday if i could but weather messes it up for me. I'm grounded today because of fog. So both my Mavic's are in their hangars lol yesterday was the wind and before that the wind. I haven't flown for 2 weeks because of the wind or rain or fog since...
2017-12-22
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535341 ft
United States

I fly when I can. I fly at noght even.
2017-12-22
Use props
Rancher
lvl.3
United States

Okay, a few questions pop to mind so:

1 - Fly at night? Can you see anything at night? lol... or do you just go "okay.. avoid the trees.. go 200 ft up" and that keeps you safe?

2 - posts show your names and also lvl and Flight Distance as well as what you own. How does it know distances as well as the drones etc?
2017-12-22
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

I'd definitely like to fly more often but between work and the weather lately, it's probably averaging about once a week...
2017-12-22
Use props
ghost_ATX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1277703 ft
United States

Rancher Posted at 2017-12-22 10:39
Okay, a few questions pop to mind so:

1 - Fly at night? Can you see anything at night? lol... or do you just go "okay.. avoid the trees.. go 200 ft up" and that keeps you safe?

To get your flight distance to show up here, sync your DJIGo4 app. Remember that the distances on the forum are in meters so it won't match your mileage if you track miles.

The levels on the forum correspond to the number of posts, replies, etc. (aka the points you earn), and are not the same as your level in the DJIGo4 app that is tied to your flight distance.

Flying at night is fun if you are over an area that has a lot of street lights or city lights - not so much if you are out on the ranch.

Be extra careful if you fly at night. I've seen some beautiful night shots on this forum tho - particularly of Miami.
2017-12-22
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

How many times a DAY do I fly? Not more than three. My wife says that might be obsessive.
2017-12-22
Use props
Rancher
lvl.3
United States

Well, wiped the phone today to get the app to work, so will have 0.. but should be good to go after this weekend ;)

R
2017-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules