Battery charging hub issue
11963 15 2017-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
riccardoso
lvl.1
Italy

Hi, everyone.
Just bought my new Spark fly more combo.
I put my two batteries together in the charging hub.
It charghed one of the two in about 50 minutes.
I was expecting then the second one ti charge, but the hub shown only a solid red light.
I tried everything (I think), but when I put that "second" battery in the hub it shows only a solid red light.
I hope it doesn't mean that battery is broken...
Please help!
Riccardo
2017-12-22
Use props
Samouraï
lvl.2
Thailand

It happened like this to me before. I charge the battery directly with the AC Spark and it solved.
Good luck !
2017-12-22
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Press the button on suspicious battery once. Does it show 4 green lights when doing so? Or 3 steady ones and one blinking? If so, your battery is charged and won't charge any further.
2017-12-22
Use props
riccardoso
lvl.1
Italy

Samouraï Posted at 2017-12-22 16:00
It happened like this to me before. I charge the battery directly with the AC Spark and it solved.
Good luck !

Thank you very much! I put the battery in the Spark and now it seems It is charging! I was so frustrated...

So the battery is not corrupted... Then I don't understand why the charging hub is not working with this battery and instead is working with my other battery?
2017-12-22
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

riccardoso Posted at 2017-12-22 16:11
Thank you very much! I put the battery in the Spark and now it seems It is charging! I was so frustrated...

So the battery is not corrupted... Then I don't understand why the charging hub is not working with this battery and instead is working with my other battery?

Maybe contacts on battery and hub did not align perfectly. Try another slot in the hub maybe?
2017-12-22
Use props
riccardoso
lvl.1
Italy

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2017-12-22 16:01
Press the button on suspicious battery once. Does it show 4 green lights when doing so? Or 3 steady ones and one blinking? If so, your battery is charged and won't charge any further.

Thank you for your interest and help. It showed just one green light for a brief moment and then nothing.
Now the battery is charging directly in the Spark, and I don't know why this battery doesn't charge within the hub and instead my other battery do.
2017-12-22
Use props
riccardoso
lvl.1
Italy

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2017-12-22 16:14
Maybe contacts on battery and hub did not align perfectly. Try another slot in the hub maybe?

I'm thinking the same. I'll try again when the charge in the Spark will be complete.
Thank you again.
2017-12-22
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you upgraded the firmware to V 01.00.0900, if you have all batteries need a firmware upgrade as well, this could have been your problem
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Riccardo, since there are 3 battery slots on the charger hub, could you please try to charge the same battery on another slot and also put the battery on the "first" battery on the "second" slot. See if the all the battery will be charged. BTW, if the power is beyond 95% on a battery, users need to power on the battery first to charge it to full.
If it is confirmed the charger hub issue, you can provide me with a video of this case first, or please contact our support support.nl@dji.com for a further help. Thank you.
2017-12-22
Use props
riccardoso
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-22 19:28
Hi Riccardo, since there are 3 battery slots on the charger hub, could you please try to charge the same battery on another slot and also put the battery on the "first" battery on the "second" slot. See if the all the battery will be charged. BTW, if the power is beyond 95% on a battery, users need to power on the battery first to charge it to full.
If it is confirmed the charger hub issue, you can provide me with a video of this case first, or please contact our support  for a further help. Thank you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... P/view?usp=drivesdk

I made this video to explain my situation.
Thank you for any help!Riccardo
2017-12-23
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Did you try to leave  it for like 5 - 10 minutes in the charger? Does it start to charge then? If not, looks like broken battery especially if you are able to charge it on spark.
2017-12-23
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I would probably return that battery, it has a fault

It may loose power or disconnect while you are flying.

I would only keep it if it now recharges in the battery hub after you have charged it via the AC
2017-12-23
Use props
riccardoso
lvl.1
Italy

lannes Posted at 2017-12-23 12:57
I would probably return that battery, it has a fault

It may loose power or disconnect while you are flying.

I put the battery in the Spark and charge the battery. The battery flashed 2 green lights for about 30 minutes and then every light went off.
I think I'll return the battery.
2017-12-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

riccardoso Posted at 2017-12-23 09:23
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... P/view?usp=drivesdk

I made this video to explain my situation.

Thank you so much for the video. I saw your reply below, please kindly send it back and we will take care of it.
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

2017-12-25
Use props
Ewlang
lvl.1
United States

Hello - my DJI Fly More just arrived today and i’m having the exact same problem as above. One of my batteries charges fine on the charger, and the other one does not. The light lights up red. I have tried all three slots. What should I do?

The product was activated today, this is very aggravating..
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ewlang Posted at 11-26 19:18
Hello - my DJI Fly More just arrived today and i’m having the exact same problem as above. One of my batteries charges fine on the charger, and the other one does not. The light lights up red. I have tried all three slots. What should I do?

The product was activated today, this is very aggravating..

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried to install the batteries with your aircraft and charge it directly? May I know if the battery is totally unresponsive? If yes, I would recommend contacting our support so that they could be able to help you out. Please see the link below. Thank you for the support.

www.dji.com/support
2018-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules