lvl.1

United States

Bump. Need help here. DJI?
2019-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

tim3308 Posted at 8-13 21:08
I am having this exact problem! It keeps switching. I need it to stay on p4 selection, sometimes it does many times it does not. I am at a loss of what to do?
Has this been solved yet?

Sorry for the late response. Just to verify, do you turn on the RC only? If yes, please kindly upload a short video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status.
2019-8-22
Use props
tim3308
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 8-22 01:41
Sorry for the late response. Just to verify, do you turn on the RC only? If yes, please kindly upload a short video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status.

After many many emails w/ your support staff and getting nowhere (wanting me to send it in, not an option right now ), I finally took matters into my own hands and downgraded the firmware... yep, it worked. Now it starts up most of the time w/ no connection problems. It's not perfect but it works. This was NEVER mentioned for me to even try.
My least response said, "This is what your firmware updates are notorious".
2019-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

tim3308 Posted at 10-15 16:41
After many many emails w/ your support staff and getting nowhere (wanting me to send it in, not an option right now ), I finally took matters into my own hands and downgraded the firmware... yep, it worked. Now it starts up most of the time w/ no connection problems. It's not perfect but it works. This was NEVER mentioned for me to even try.
My least response said, "This is what your firmware updates are notorious".

Anyway, glad to hear it works now. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2019-10-16
Use props
rockracer
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 10-16 02:05
Anyway, glad to hear it works now. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.

I'm new to drones and i picked up a used p4advance with a bad controller 300c. it all so has a p4p with it and i down loaded the DJI go4 app on my iPhone 7. I can't get the ac to link with the rc. i scrolled up to see the advance settings below link aircraft but theirs nothing their.
2019-11-22
Use props
fans757e762b
lvl.2

United States

I cannot get my GL300E connected to my Phantom 4.  I have gone into settings and tried to set the controller option to Phantom 4, but it keep switching back to Phantom 4 Pro.  I have tried switching and restarting it and it still comes back to Phantom 4 Pro.  Cannot get it linked to my P4.  Any ideas why not?

"currently, it is available to connect P4P RC with P4 aircraft now, you can set it from here: Remote Controller Settings>Advanced Settings>Remote Controller Type(Phantom 4). "
2019-12-2
Use props
fans757e762b
lvl.2

United States

fans757e762b Posted at 12-2 12:28
I cannot get my GL300E connected to my Phantom 4.  I have gone into settings and tried to set the controller option to Phantom 4, but it keep switching back to Phantom 4 Pro.  I have tried switching and restarting it and it still comes back to Phantom 4 Pro.  Cannot get it linked to my P4.  Any ideas why not?

"currently, it is available to connect P4P RC with P4 aircraft now, you can set it from here: Remote Controller Settings>Advanced Settings>Remote Controller Type(Phantom 4). "

I spoke to DJI support yesterday and they said, that no, that GL300E controller is not going to work with a Phantom 4.  Odd that Phantom 4 is one of the options in settings.  Has anyone ever gotten this controller to link with a plain old Phantom 4.
2019-12-3
Use props
Harvey MS
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-23 23:37
Hi Token, I'm sorry to tell you that the standard P4P RC is not compatible with P4 aircraft currently. For the RC of P4P+ with build-in screen, it can be linked with P4 aircraft. You can change the RC Type from here: Remote Controller Settings>Advanced Settings>Remote Controller Type.

Because of this response I purchased a GL300E for the purpose of using it with my P4.  So far I have been unable to get it to link.  As you instructed, I have tried changing the system settings of the controller to allow it to operated with the P4.  It is automatically set to a P4P.  I can select P4 and click ok on the warning but it always goes back to the P4P.  .  .  It simply will not change from P4P.  And, I do have the latest firmware and app.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,
2019-12-12
Use props
J_Me
New
Malaysia

DJI Susan, Will Phantom 4 Pro/Pro V2.0 RC work with Phantom 4 Advance? And which is best for Phantom 4 Advance? Pro or Pro V.20 if Yes.
2020-3-23
Use props
tim3308
lvl.1

United States

Harvey MS Posted at 2019-12-12 19:12
Because of this response I purchased a GL300E for the purpose of using it with my P4.  So far I have been unable to get it to link.  As you instructed, I have tried changing the system settings of the controller to allow it to operated with the P4.  It is automatically set to a P4P.  I can select P4 and click ok on the warning but it always goes back to the P4P.  .  .  It simply will not change from P4P.  And, I do have the latest firmware and app.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Have you had any luck, Harvey?
I had to replace my GL300E now I'm having the same issue w/ the replacement. Will not stay on "Phantom 4" goes back to Pro so it will not connect. I"m in a loop of hell ... then.... I did a complete reset... now the RC boots up w/ only two options "sign in or sign up"... when I do , it's not connected to network so it's doing no good - I can NOT get to network setting to enter password - double loop from hell!
HELP! Thank you!
2020-3-24
Use props
tim3308
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2019-10-16 02:05

Susan! I need help again, see my latest post. Thank you!
2020-3-24
Use props
tim3308
lvl.1

United States

Ahh, finally found the swipe down.... so I could get to wi-fi

It's on the very tiny edge..... after that I was in and the reset allowed it to stay on "p4" so I could pair the two - eureka! It can be done Harvey, GL300E running a base P4. But I recommended never updating software of firmware... it often creates connection issues - I know from experience.
2020-3-24
Use props
fans6b48535b
New

United States

Jim Watkins Posted at 2018-12-6 09:30
I have a P4 and a P4P.  I can use the P4P controller (mind does not have the built in display) with either the P4 or P4P.  All I have to do is select the aircraft type in the menu before binding.  Works fine.  I have never tried using the P4 remote with my P4P.  I doubt that that would work.

--Jim

Hi Jim,
having this problem now and no luck..if you dont mind sharing,  what is the aircraft firmware version of your phantom 4?  thanks in advance

2020-8-31
Use props
Tulkstar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86043 ft
Australia

Is the P4 controller compatible with the P4P+ obsidian?
2020-9-18
Use props
djiuser_vNSCNbjsJbj1
New

Philippines

is the P4P plus controller compatible with a P4P v.2 drone?
2020-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules