Image Editing for Mac
1806 9 2017-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

Anyone have a list of tools (other than Photoshop) for some editing tools for Mac?  Just got a macbook pro.  I had Microsoft ICE which was great, but no Mac version for stitching.  Those are the kinds of programs I'm looking for.
2017-12-22
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I only use free programs.
Panorama stitching: DJI media maker.
Sphere stitching: autostitch (makes flat pano) + photoscape X (one click transforms pano to sphere).
Sphere stitching alternative (much slower and fiddly): hugin.
Editing: photoscape X

2017-12-23
Use props
Range925
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

heliman Posted at 2017-12-23 00:43
I only use free programs.
Panorama stitching: DJI media maker.
Sphere stitching: autostitch (makes flat pano) + photoscape X (one click transforms pano to sphere).

Sweet! I will look into these softwares
2017-12-23
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I forgot to mention
hdr: hdrtist
2017-12-23
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the suggestions, I just bought HDrtist and have done some retouching, neat program!
2017-12-23
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

Maybe pixelmator would be a good option for you. It’s not for free but almost as good as photoshop but costs only about 30bucks in the App Store.
2017-12-23
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
United States

Oh, forgot to mention I already bought photoshop. But some programs are better for different reasons.
2017-12-23
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

Javey Posted at 2017-12-23 14:03
Oh, forgot to mention I already bought photoshop. But some programs are better for different reasons.

I believe Photoshop has an automated Photo Merge feature that will stitch panoramas together.  I tried it in an older version of Photoshop Elements and it mostly worked fine.  DJI Media Maker is great to get a quick and dirty panorama.  Some of the already mentioned software will likely let you fix alignment issues, color correct, etc. prioir to generating the final panoramic image.
2017-12-23
Use props
gregpoulsen
New

Ukraine

Lee Moon Posted at 2017-12-23 17:06
I believe Photoshop has an automated Photo Merge feature that will stitch panoramas together.  I tried it in an older version of Photoshop Elements and it mostly worked fine.  DJI Media Maker is great to get a quick and dirty panorama.  Some of the already mentioned software will likely let you fix alignment issues, color correct, etc. prioir to generating the final panoramic image.

Good afternoon.
It's so good to find such a usefulhttp://fixthephoto.com/best-monitor-for-photo-editing.html topic.
Thanks for sharing.
Good luck
Greg
2019-5-16
Use props
gregpoulsen
New

Ukraine

Lee Moon Posted at 2017-12-23 17:06

Good afternoon.
It's so good to find such a usefulhttp://fixthephoto.com/best-monitor-for-photo-editing.html topic.
Thanks for sharing.
Good luck
Greg
2019-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules