Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controller problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans73ac2f02
lvl.1
Sweden

Just got a brand new controller (to my PHANTOM 4) from DJI, since I had problems with my last one as well.Finally I can fly again, I thought.

I paired the controller to the drone without any problems. But then I saw the live image feed on my phone. The image was totally terrible. Most of the screen was showing green and other parts was just heavily pixilated.

After reading a bit about the problem I downgraded the firmware to 1: 6 and then back to 1: 8, nothing happened. I tried to do this procedure one more time but I thin k that I accidentally canceled in the middle of the firmware upgrade.

Now my controller only shows a solid LIGHT blue light no matter what I do. When I power the controller on with my iPhone plugged in it charges my phone for half a second and then it won’t. There is no connection between my phone and the controller. My controller also powers on when I touch the power button once and acts wired when powering off.

I have already tried to reset the controller by holding c1, c2 rec and shutter when powering on and of and it doesn’t work. Please HELP!

2017-12-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For the controller issue, please try the following method: keep the RC off, try to press C1+C2+Recording button+Camera settings dial, don't let go of any fingers, then turn on the controller, connect the app and check if you can update the firmware.
For the transmission issue, if you can successfully update the RC firmware, please check if the original videos will also have the same issue. If there is no issue with the original video, please try to reinstall the app, change another connecting cable or try another mobile device to see if it would be the compatible issue, please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pictures and videos before the app's reinstallation.
Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
2017-12-23
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-23 04:07
For the controller issue, please try the following method: keep the RC off, try to press C1+C2+Recording button+Camera settings dial, don't let go of any fingers, then turn on the controller, connect the app and check if you can update the firmware.
For the transmission issue, if you can successfully update the RC firmware, please check if the original videos will also have the same issue. If there is no issue with the original video, please try to reinstall the app, change another connecting cable or try another mobile device to see if it would be the compatible issue, please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pictures and videos before the app's reinstallation.
Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.

What iPhone are you using?  Like Thor said, have you tried a different compatible device to see if you can replicate the issue?
The iPhone does NOT charge from the P4 controller so what happen with the 1/2 second charge/no charge situation is totally normal.
2017-12-23
Use props
fans73ac2f02
lvl.1
Sweden

Tmygun Posted at 2017-12-23 05:46
What iPhone are you using?  Like Thor said, have you tried a different compatible device to see if you can replicate the issue?
The iPhone does NOT charge from the P4 controller so what happen with the 1/2 second charge/no charge situation is totally normal.

I am using an iPhone 7. I have tried using another iPhone but the same thing happens. The phone will not connect to the controller via the cable.
2017-12-23
Use props
fans73ac2f02
lvl.1
Sweden

Controller problem

Just got a brand new controller (to my PHANTOM 4) from DJI, since I had problems with my last one as well.Finally I can fly again, I thought.

I paired the controller to the drone without any problems. But then I saw the live image feed on my phone. The image was totally terrible. Most of the screen was showing green and other parts was just heavily pixilated.

After reading a bit about the problem I downgraded the firmware to 1: 6 and then back to 1: 8, nothing happened. I tried to do this procedure one more time but I thin k that I accidentally canceled in the middle of the firmware upgrade.

Now my controller only shows a solid LIGHT blue light no matter what I do. When I power the controller on with my iPhone plugged in it charges my phone for half a second and then it won’t. There is no connection between my phone and the controller. My controller also powers on when I touch the power button once and acts wired when powering off.

I have already tried to reset the controller by holding c1, c2 rec and shutter when powering on and of and it doesn’t work. Please HELP

2017-12-23
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

have you tried reinstall the DJI GO app ?
2017-12-23
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans73ac2f02 Posted at 2017-12-23 09:15
I am using an iPhone 7. I have tried using another iPhone but the same thing happens. The phone will not connect to the controller via the cable.

Have to ask.....have you tried a different cable?
2017-12-23
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans73ac2f02 Posted at 2017-12-23 09:15

Also......when you turn on the controller does it make any other sound after the brief startup song?
2017-12-23
Use props
fans73ac2f02
lvl.1
Sweden

I have tried multiple cables, thats not the problem. When I turn on the controller there is absolutely no sound at all.
2017-12-24
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

You could go in and take it apart and check to make sure all the wires are plugged in, or just return/exchange it
2017-12-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans73ac2f02 Posted at 2017-12-24 10:44
I have tried multiple cables, thats not the problem. When I turn on the controller there is absolutely no sound at all.

Hi, for the RC issue, please kindly refer to the firmware refresh steps I mentioned on 2#. See if it helps.
2017-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules