Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone regulation EU member states??
2295 23 2017-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JMR58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Does anyone knows more about this subject?
Flight school Be told me that drone flight regulation in EU should be ready in 2018, they couldn't give more specifications, so therefore my question...
Happy end of year flights!
JM
2017-12-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

https://www.easa.europa.eu/syste ... -05%20%28A%29_0.pdf

Drone proposal from EASA.
2017-12-23
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

And it is a very good one because our Captain hallmark007 has contributed to it!
2017-12-23
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Great! jumping into this Thanks a lot!
2017-12-23
Use props
_pk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 696 ft
Poland

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-23 10:33
And it is a very good one because our Captain hallmark007 has contributed to it!

I would argue. From what I have managed to check (the whole document is quite lengthy and written in "legal English") current Polish regulations are far more pilot-friendly. If this EU regulation are enforced over the whole EU, then for Polish pilots it is going to be a change-to-a-worse.
On the other hand, I support the idea of having one set of regulations valid EU-wisely.
2017-12-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

_pk Posted at 2017-12-23 12:03
I would argue. From what I have managed to check (the whole document is quite lengthy and written in "legal English") current Polish regulations are far more pilot-friendly. If this EU regulation are enforced over the whole EU, then for Polish pilots it is going to be a change-to-a-worse.
On the other hand, I support the idea of having one set of regulations valid EU-wisely.

I agree, some countries have very loose regulations still.
So for those it will be a step back.
2017-12-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

On the other hand, I support the idea of having one set of regulations valid EU-wisely.

Just as in manned avaition EASA Safety rules have been adopted by all countries in Europe but almost all countries would have certain and regulations which are specific to there own country.
I agree with you the real benefit of these rules being adopted will be for those travelling with drones .
2017-12-23
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

https://www.easa.europa.eu/syste ... -05%20%28A%29_0.pdf

Almost halfway and finding this a good resume for drone regulations with respect for privacy, safety and still some space for pilots (120m height.) .
Safety limits have numbers!
I am also looking forward to do the "online training and tests" to upgrade Pilot safety-label number.., that should be the perfect motivation for pilots to stay tuned with safety regulations.
@hallmark007, thank you for this input!

2017-12-23
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Yes indeed, it is as always in multilateral regulations that many have to agree on. It ends up in a compromise in which some have to give away a little bit and others that gain a little bit. But, and there I see a big BUT, seeing all the debates and negative press (very frequently totally uninformed or triggered by some irresponsible pilots who don't care about any rules) in my country and others, not too far in the future we probably would all face much more drastic limitations on a national level, if no such international standard would be agreed on. Thus at the bottom line there is hope that we all could end up with something that we can at least live with if it goes through, and it is really not that bad.
2017-12-23
Use props
UncleManuel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4104 ft
Germany

As long as there are these idiots flying their drones in sensitive areas we're going to need flight regulations. More and more people are buying drones of all sizes - so it's only logical that something is going to happen. The fun is over as soon as lifes are endangered - yes, I'm talking drones crashing into airplanes or into people. A rising number of reports of hobby drones flying at airports is nothing we need...

Btw: Anyone remembering the accident during the Ski Slalom Worldcup 2015? Marcel Hirscher got almost hit by a commercial camera drone by only a few centimeters - so even the professional drones can drop out of the sky and hit stuff...
2017-12-24
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

-On the other hand, I support the idea of having one set of regulations valid EU-wisely.-
Really?
But it looks likeyour government is seeing this different, right now.
Not only with drone laws, methinks!
You know, if you accept one half, the space for refusing the other half is becoming smaller and smaller!
2017-12-24
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I've just soldiered my way through this document, and it doesn't seem too bad for us. Registration of our drones, an electronic tagging system, which I guess will be a chip glued on somewhere, and some training. I can't see any of this limiting how I fly.

I notice, though, that it won't come into force until 2021- and by then, we'll have left the EU. Knowing what the UK is like (I voted remain), this probably means we'll have stupid, over the top and draconian rules instead.
2017-12-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Lis Morris Posted at 2017-12-24 10:08
I've just soldiered my way through this document, and it doesn't seem too bad for us. Registration of our drones, an electronic tagging system, which I guess will be a chip glued on somewhere, and some training. I can't see any of this limiting how I fly.

I notice, though, that it won't come into force until 2021- and by then, we'll have left the EU. Knowing what the UK is like (I voted remain), this probably means we'll have stupid, over the top and draconian rules instead.

EASA will still regulate safety rules for Uk in both manned and unmanned avaition they are not an EU specific body.
2017-12-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

UncleManuel Posted at 2017-12-24 04:05
As long as there are these idiots flying their drones in sensitive areas we're going to need flight regulations. More and more people are buying drones of all sizes - so it's only logical that something is going to happen. The fun is over as soon as lifes are endangered - yes, I'm talking drones crashing into airplanes or into people. A rising number of reports of hobby drones flying at airports is nothing we need...

Btw: Anyone remembering the accident during the Ski Slalom Worldcup 2015? Marcel Hirscher got almost hit by a commercial camera drone by only a few centimeters - so even the professional drones can drop out of the sky and hit stuff...

Inspire 1, I think.

2017-12-24
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-24 10:31
EASA will still regulate safety rules for Uk in both manned and unmanned avaition they are not an EU specific body.

Ah, right. I didn't realise that. Well, that's great to hear! I'm not used to reading legal documents, so I misunderstood. I don't think these rules will be difficult to adhere too. I hope the electronic tagging device isn't too heavy for l'il Sparky though.
2017-12-25
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Lis Morris Posted at 2017-12-25 02:51
Ah, right. I didn't realise that. Well, that's great to hear! I'm not used to reading legal documents, so I misunderstood. I don't think these rules will be difficult to adhere too. I hope the electronic tagging device isn't too heavy for l'il Sparky though.

From what I could see so far it won't be a tagging device that you have to fix on your Spark but it will be done through the software. DJI is preparing for that already and in this thread you can read more about it: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=123984

2017-12-25
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-24 10:36
Inspire 1, I think.

https://youtu.be/xeviAWB0i4Y

that was a official camera drone, so no idiots flying it illegal!
2017-12-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-25 09:37
that was a official camera drone, so no idiots flying it illegal!

I think if you go through the posts you will see that nobody accused this pilot of being an idiot.
2017-12-25
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-25 10:09
I think if you go through the posts you will see that nobody accused this pilot of being an idiot.

So the quote you put over the video, there stands somehing from 'idiot', was not connected to the video, then?
How should I know  that?
2017-12-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-25 10:12
So the quote you put over the video, there stands somehing from 'idiot', was not connected to the video, then?
How should I know  that?

Just by simply reading , that’s not a quote just a simple synopsis of the post I was answering to , my quote simply read. Inspire 1 I think, it was not in answer to you, you just jumped in what can I say. Your job to know what you’re answering to we all can make the same mistake.
2017-12-25
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-25 11:08
Just by simply reading , that’s not a quote just a simple synopsis of the post I was answering to , my quote simply read. Inspire 1 I think, it was not in answer to you, you just jumped in what can I say. Your job to know what you’re answering to we all can make the same mistake.

I am curious about what happened to that Inspire...what could make it drop out of the sky like that? Surely it wasn't piloted so long it ran out of battery?
2017-12-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Lis Morris Posted at 2017-12-25 12:59
I am curious about what happened to that Inspire...what could make it drop out of the sky like that? Surely it wasn't piloted so long it ran out of battery?

I don’t know but at a guess I would say it may have been battery simply because it lost all power and fell straight down.
2017-12-25
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-25 16:04
I don’t know but at a guess I would say it may have been battery simply because it lost all power and fell straight down.

I suppose the pilot overruled an automatic safe landing then?
2017-12-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Lis Morris Posted at 2017-12-27 02:22
I suppose the pilot overruled an automatic safe landing then?

Well if you have a battery failure when in the air your aircraft will just drop as it did here.
2017-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules