Dji Mavic Pro camera Wobbly
1921 7 2017-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI User893
lvl.1
New Zealand

Hey Dji Users!
Just yesterday I bought a Dji Mavic Pro, brand new, and I've noticed that the camera is extremley wobbly, like Jelly. Has anyone had the same problem and know what to do?

Thanks!

2017-12-23
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

With the aircraft turned off, it is, like you say, very easy to move around. After turning the Mavic on, and after the gimbal initialization, that's when the motors in the gimbal take over.
2017-12-23
Use props
Lukas_Scowen
lvl.1
New Zealand

So what do I do? When it's in flight and I'm trying to take a photo is crazy wobble.
Photo example below
2017-12-23
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

It definitely shouldn't look like that! Maybe try a gimbal calibration?
2017-12-23
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah that's totally abnormal. Only wobble I've seen was when I installed those newer 'quiet'  props.
2017-12-23
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Make sure the suspension bands are properly hooked up.  Since it is new, they likely came loose during shipment or similar.  Plenty of videos show how to check it and make sure the camera is properly mounted.   I wouldn't do an alignment on anything until you eliminate the obvious things.  My Mav is a year old and has never been calibrated since it came from the store and won't be until something indicates that it needs it.
2017-12-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, could you please check the suspension bands first, like the AG0N-Gary mentioned? If this issue persists, please provide a video of it for better assistance. Thank you in advance.
2017-12-25
Use props
Lukas_Scowen
lvl.1
New Zealand

So it wasn't anything to do with bands, or anything. I took it back to the store I bought it from on boxing day, and they sent it away yesterday. A Dji technician is going in specially for me as the stores are closed during this time in New Zealand.
2018-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules