Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
nervous is an understatement!
1291 8 2017-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa6d9d300
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The Mrs has kindly treated me to a spark for christmas. Ive done my research and decided to activte it after all the numerous horror stories.Now im not to sure, firmware updates 100%, imu complete , preflight checks in hand including a compass to try and predict the dreadded errors.
i've flown 3d rc helis and race drones in the pat but is the dji spark a device i can trust to be safe?
Even more reports of issues after the latest firmware, i dunno....

2017-12-23
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure you have enough GPS (atleast 10) before take off and your home point is recorded and let it hover for atleast 15 seconds after auto takeoff.

Have fun!
2017-12-23
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Take off and happy landing! You'll love it :-)
2017-12-23
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Also check your IMU and compass while hovering to make sure interference is not huge

I'd also have a quick look at the battery page to see if there are any significant voltage differences between the cells.
The DJI Go4 app I don't think warns about voltage differences, the AC just stops flying
2017-12-23
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Read all the suggestions from everyone here.
2017-12-23
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Then you should be able to handle ATTI mode which is what causes most of the fly aways in my opinion.  Newbies fly their first fight with an RC aircraft out so far, over water, the aircraft is a dot or a dim/shadowy profile.  It loses GPS and they start sawing at the sticks with zero idea which direction the sticks need to go.  Fly it with the same risk avoidance procedures you use with other model aircraft and you will have fun.  ie, select a safe area to fly.

The drone has been super easy to handle and it is my first drone.  My other RC aircraft experience is limited to a 2004 fly bar equipped Trex 450, a .25 size Piper Cub, and a .40 sport plane.

2017-12-23
Use props
fansa6d9d300
lvl.3
United Kingdom

With a realist flight time of only 10mins with these things after a preflight check longer than a Boeing 747. ;)
i wonder if i should of put the same towards it and got the mavic.
Gesture modes pointless as i wouldn't go anywhere near it unless connected to the app as reports have proven the little spark is more scatty than a sobering crack head.
if you've tried connecting the wifi from rc to spark and back again, you will know what i mean.
Even the activation was like a game of battle ships, being a hit or miss, fun; we will see.
merry xmas
rant over ;)
2017-12-24
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Have you been so  negative, when you married your wife?
".... I can trust to be safe", come on, you are trained in situations like this ;-)
Happy flying
2017-12-24
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have both the Mavic and the Spark.  I enjoy them both. They are supremely capable quads. The Spark can pull of some things that I would never try with my larger drones.  And remember, legally you can only fly line of sight.  Spark will handle that all day plus more.  I've had mine since launch and did all the research required for sending an object into the air safely.  I've never had a issue.  Also, you can fly gesture mode while being connected to the Spark, so that's really a non issue.  
2017-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules