Weak GPS Signal - Atti Mode
3512 7 2017-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_EYxgEuo
lvl.1
Singapore

Hi all,

A relatively new spark user here. Have been flying for over a few weekends now and I keep getting weak GPS signal as seen in below screenshot. No concrete buildings nearby (within 500m) etc.

Anything I can do about this? Have tried recalibrating and all that.

Thanks!!

dji.png
2017-12-23
Use props
fluidmind
lvl.2

Bulgaria

I have the same problem, do you find fix ?
2022-9-27
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

fluidmind Posted at 9-27 10:46
I have the same problem, do you find fix ?

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no fix for this. Compass/GPS failures have plagued DJI drones from the very beginning, and DJI could never be bothered to find out and fix the issue.
Which is no wonder since crashed drones means more business for them.

In order to fly DJI birds safely, you need to train to fly it in ATTI mode, so you are prepared when it happens.
Have a look at this thread to see how it can be done.

HTH
Wolferl
2022-9-28
Use props
fluidmind
lvl.2

Bulgaria

Wolferl Posted at 9-28 01:43
Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no fix for this. Compass/GPS failures have plagued DJI drones from the very beginning, and DJI could never be bothered to find out and fix the issue.

thank you. shame for dji
2022-9-28
Use props
djiuser_A49EFXfC0zpY
New
Flight distance : 2477 ft
United States

Wolferl Posted at 2022-9-28 01:43
Hi,

I read a thread and it explained that when it goes from GPS to Atti mode it is because of a weak signal. So the advice was to use a OTG cable to connect the remote to your cell phone there for no longer just being connected by Wi-Fi to the to the Drone but actually using your providers data hope that helps
2023-4-11
Use props
djiuser_A49EFXfC0zpY
New
United States

Hi,

I read a thread and it explained that when it goes from GPS to Atti mode it is because of a weak signal. So the advice was to use a OTG cable to connect the remote to your cell phone there for no longer just being connected by Wi-Fi to the to the Drone but actually using your providers data hope that helps
2023-4-11
Use props
djiuser_A49EFXfC0zpY
New
United States

Hi,

2023-4-11
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

djiuser_A49EFXfC0zpY Posted at 4-11 04:38

Hi,

You misunderstood the things completely.
The sudden GPS signal loss / ATTI drop has nothing to do with any Wifi or RF networks.
That problem is there since the very first DJI drone models (talk DJI Naza-M!) when there was no such thing like a cellphone to be used with. My suspicion is that the compass chip are somehow malfunctioning for whatever reason...but we'll probably never know.

It is a good thing to use an OTG cable though on modern DJI drones, that helps to get a clean video stream and larger distances (pilot to drone in the air) because the receiver circuits in the remote controller are not clogged up from nearby transmitters on the same RF band.

HTH,
Wolferl
2023-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules