How do you find C.G. on Phantom 2 w/H3-3D?
1610 5 2015-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
decoratz
lvl.2
United States

Hi all, I added an ND filter to my Hero4 black, and had to add some counter weights to rebalance the gimbal. So how can I go about checking how far the CG has moved, and where the new CG is? And it I don't correct this in Phantom Assistant, what will the flight characteristics be? Should I expect lots of yawing?

Many thanks!

2015-4-17
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

I personally don't think the ND filter and the counter weight is going to effect the CG of the Phantom enough to effect the flight but.. To find the CG I would support the Phantom directly under the center of opposing motors (under the CW, then under the CCW) and see which way it tilts. If it is off a lot you can balance it and then check it again.
2015-4-17
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

I would say go to a hover and check the performance as the motors will adjust for weight changes/CG.  If it hovers OK it should fly OK
2015-4-18
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

I wonder about manual mode. That is probably where CG issues would show up. I would think CG on a quad would be at intersecting lines between prop shafts. But how to check?  Also, manual mode the gyros would maintain attitude correct?
2015-4-18
Use props
decoratz
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the input guys. I'll be testing it out today.
2015-4-19
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-19 01:13
I wonder about manual mode. That is probably where CG issues would show up. I would think CG on a qu ...

Ideally it would be in the center of the prop shafts.  But you add an IOSD mini  or move the canbus the CG would also move.
2015-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules