Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Great service by DJI after my Spark fell into the ocean.
1340 6 2017-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5f782937
New
Flight distance : 24078 ft
Singapore

My spark wasn't connected to any satelites yet when I had it fly above the sea. It was unstable and drifted off and fell into the water. I recovered the device but the compass was spoiled. DJI repaired the unit at no costs for which I am super grateful. THANKS!!!
2017-12-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for sharing your positive experience which provides us with motivation to keep moving. Hope you can enjoy the drone, happy flying!
2017-12-24
Use props
beatm01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132848 ft
Australia

I did have satellites  & was only 200m from home point but the Spark refused to come home. My battery was getting low and I was desperately trying to get my Spark down rapidly from a high altitude whilst in "Return Home" Mode, but  it was coming down really slowly . By the time I could actually see where the drone was, the battery was critically low & it was hovering over a dam & settled in the water. I fished it out & tries several times to contact DJI for repair, but my emails were never responded to. Hopefully this Forum Post might get some action.
2017-12-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

beatm01 Posted at 2017-12-30 01:59
I did have satellites  & was only 200m from home point but the Spark refused to come home. My battery was getting low and I was desperately trying to get my Spark down rapidly from a high altitude whilst in "Return Home" Mode, but  it was coming down really slowly . By the time I could actually see where the drone was, the battery was critically low & it was hovering over a dam & settled in the water. I fished it out & tries several times to contact DJI for repair, but my emails were never responded to. Hopefully this Forum Post might get some action.

I am sorry for this, did you send the emails to support@dji.com? Could you please provide me with your ticket number or your email address so I can look into it?
2017-12-30
Use props
beatm01
lvl.1
Australia

Thank you for your reply, Diana. I have no Ticket number since both attempts to seek help were not responded to by  DJI. But I have cut & pasted my 2nd email below for your verification...

Dear Sirs,

I have previously requested a normal-warranty repair for an internal Camera-fault, with the Spark details shown below. However, DJI decided to replace the Drone instead of fixing the Camera, which meant that the Serial Numbers no longer match the original, as shown below:

Aircraft S/N: 0ASDE6P0D101FH
Proof of Purchase: order number 0618959079688
The correspondence details of the original warranty claim are shown below:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0 ... se=160415b5b41aa107

The replacement Spark worked fine until yesterday when, due to insufficient battery power to RTH, it landed in water.

I would therefore kindly request repair under the Refresh Program, and the updated Serial Number is included below:

Full name / Company name: Beat Mueller
Shipping Address: 2848 Pacific HWY, Tyndale NSW 2460
Phone number: 0488 823 286
Product: Spark Fly More Combo
Aircraft S/N: 0ASDE6P0D101FH (Original), 0ASDE520A100KS (Prev. Normal Warranty Replacement)
Proof of Purchase: order number 0618959079688
Purchase channel(Dealer/DJI online Store): DJI Online Store
DJI Care (Yes/No - serial number required): Yes Agreement No.:2MSHVY5XZC3GNUP7

Thank you in advance for your kind help,
Beat

Beat Mueller

BeatM Multi Media
BeatmMultiMedia.com

Ph. "04888BEATM"   (i.e. 0488823286)
Studio A: 13/12-14 Homedale Cres., Connells Pt. 2221 (Postal: PO Box 516, South Hurstville 2221)
Studio B: 52 Bensons Lane, Tyndale 2460 (Postal: 2848 Pacific Highway, Tyndale NSW 2460)

Beat Mueller <beatmmultimedia@gmail.com>
13 Dec

to DJI
Dear Sirs,

I sent a request for claiming a Spark Refresh more than 2 days ago (as shown below) but have received no acknowledgement from DJI Support at all yet.

Could you please expedite,

Thank you,
2017-12-30
Use props
beatm01
lvl.1
Australia

Interestingly enough, whilst waiting for DJI to respond, I allowed the drone to dry out for several days before attempting to power it up. The battery that had been fitted to the spark during the dunking had not been able to be revived, but when I fitted a 2nd battery, the drone showed signs of life with the drones lights illuminating, but nothing else. Several days later again, it seemed to power up normally, so I tried a local flight and found it all worked well except for intermittent WiFi reception and an unwillingness to return home. Despite that, I managed to land the Spark safely and haven't tried to fly it again.

But for now, I'm flying off to bed! Good night!
2017-12-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

beatm01 Posted at 2017-12-30 02:45
Interestingly enough, whilst waiting for DJI to respond, I allowed the drone to dry out for several days before attempting to power it up. The battery that had been fitted to the spark during the dunking had not been able to be revived, but when I fitted a 2nd battery, the drone showed signs of life with the drones lights illuminating, but nothing else. Several days later again, it seemed to power up normally, so I tried a local flight and found it all worked well except for intermittent WiFi reception and an unwillingness to return home. Despite that, I managed to land the Spark safely and haven't tried to fly it again.

But for now, I'm flying off to bed! Good night!

It is not recommended to fly this drone since it is water damaged, it may have potential risk. I checked it on our system with your email address, I only found an old email which is sent from you on 5th Oct. Could you please double check your emails? Make sure you've sent them to support@dji.com. Normally, you'll receive an auto-reply with a request number if our support received your email request. Besides, you can also try to send the request via another email address if you can. Thank you in advance.
2017-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules