A2 FC? Talking to I1's FC directly and applying firmware update?
708 0 2015-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi,

Sorry for the cross-post / re-post, this was previously asked wihin the I1 forum area.

Update I1 Firmware *without a functional camera* ?

I'm reposing here as I think the readers here might be more used to doing what I'm asking about. I understand the FC within the I1 is a modified A2 FC? We are required with the I1 to perform mandatory firmware updates from time to time; it's done automatically using the SD card within the camera, which is linked to the I1 via the gimble etc.

If we crash and destroy the gimble and built in camera; this appears to remove the only method of applying a firmware update. We can normally fly without the camera; but this usecase implies that without a working camera and gimble our I1 is only good for flying until the next mandatory firmware update comes out.

There is another USB port on the back of the I1 which allows us to access the flight data from the FC; we can put the I1 into a mode which allows the FC to share access to it's inbuilt SD card via the remote.

I'm wondering if anyone has any insight which might help me to understand if it might be possible to apply a firmware update to the I1's FC (A2?) using this port and perhaps some other management software?? I have one I1 which has a broken camera and gimble and I would like to get it flying again as a training unit; one in which camera operation is not important for it to still be useful...

Any thoughts please?

Thanks, Chris.
2015-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules