Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
App freezing every couple mins on Z5 Compact
672 4 2017-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ShortRouter
lvl.2
Germany

Alright guys,

just got my brand new Mavic Pro (not the platinum) and man what an incredible piece of aircraft it is!
Done some first flight tests, performance testing, etc. Pretty happy with the results so far.

Here's the only problem so far: DJI GO "loses signal" almost every 3 minutes while the rc controller has full bars on the RC signal indicator.
This is on the Sony Z5 compact running Android 7.2. Any ideas why the app keeps freezing? Tried the 3 different streaming quality options, same results. While it's working the live feed is smooth and responsive. But really can't risk blind flights for about a minute it takes to restart the app :/
I've also seen the official device compatibility list, but the z5c specs exceed the requierements.

Thanks in advance,
a drone newbie

2017-12-24
Use props
ShortRouter
lvl.2
Germany

EDIT: The app occasionally displays "inconsistent firmware found". Checked both aircraft and rc frimware again - same version. The App is latest release available as of this date.
2017-12-24
Use props
ShortRouter
lvl.2
Germany

--- found solution ---

Uninstalled DJI GO 4.1.18, side-loaded 4.1.15 APK and voilà: smooth live video feed, no more freezes, everything A-OK! Airplane mode on and video cache disabled in the app.
So FOR GODS SAKE DJI, fix the 4.1.18 version of Go4 for us Android users!! The current release is unusable and made me want to return the Mavic right away! So many users having problems, even losing their drones with the newest app version and it is still in the Play Store - WTF? NOT buying an 800 € Samsung phone or iPhone JUST to run a lazy-coded version of your app DJI.

PLEASE fix this $hit asap DJI :/
2017-12-25
Use props
SnakeSeven
lvl.1
Mexico

I use to have the z5 premium and had the same problems with the app and livestriming video from the mavic, turns out to be the overheating processor of the Z5
2017-12-25
Use props
ShortRouter
lvl.2
Germany

SnakeSeven Posted at 2017-12-25 16:04
I use to have the z5 premium and had the same problems with the app and livestriming video from the mavic, turns out to be the overheating processor of the Z5

That's a bummer since z5 premium was a flagship with a high-end price tag only a year ago. Did you try older DJI GO version? Worked wonders for my z5 compact which should be the same specs hardware wise.
2017-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules