No activation prompt
4933 23 2017-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Penoir
New

Australia

The activation tutorial video says that when you turn on the controller and the Mavic pro, when you launch the app you’ll get a priomot to activate. But I am not getting any prompt  to activate and I am completely lost. Please help ASAP, it is a Christmas present for my son and we are trying to enjoy it on Christmas Day but getting very frustrated and now wish I didn’t buy  for him.

I am really disappointed that the setup instructions for this Mavic pro are so terrible. It is extremely hard to follow and the instructions and set up God I really bad quality. This is a terrible way to have your first introduction to a product.
2017-12-24
Use props
Penoir
New

Australia

And when I turn On the controller and the Mavic pro, the controller displays a message to say “mag interf check app”

I have absolutely no idea what this means and there was no instructions that came with it, this is a nightmare of a product and terrible to use
2017-12-24
Use props
Penoir
New

Australia

The light on the back of the Mavic pro is blinking between green and red and there are two red lights on the front propeller arms that are on
2017-12-24
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have a look at this video, youtube has a lot of tips and instructions

2017-12-24
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Penoir Posted at 2017-12-24 14:51
And when I turn On the controller and the Mavic pro, the controller displays a message to say “mag interf check app”

I have absolutely no idea what this means and there was no instructions that came with it, this is a nightmare of a product and terrible to use

The Mavic Pro has compasses in it to orientate it, when you are using it near any strong magnetic fields this sort of error message will come on.

Things  that create magnetic interference  are large metal structures and includes rebar in concrete floors etc. so inside you might be getting this error.

You need to move position until this error goes away.

2017-12-24
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Penoir Posted at 2017-12-24 14:52
The light on the back of the Mavic pro is blinking between green and red and there are two red lights on the front propeller arms that are on

The user manual v2.0 is a good source of information on the light modes

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

Page 12, shows the different status of the rear light (the aircraft status indicator)

It should be slow flashing green after start up and connection to the remote controller

The front red lights should just be flashing red, there is no status associated with these, they just show the front of the drone when in flight
2017-12-24
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

You don't mention if you have connected to a phone or tablet android or IOS and that you have downloaded the right DJI Go4 app (post P4) version.How far do you get with the app, can you open up the flight screen which has the live camera feed ?

You might not have the controller connected to the drone properly

On the drone where you the put the SD card in is a small rocker switch, if your using the controller make sure it's switched over to "RC", then do the connection process by turning everything on and off again.

Is the controller and the mavic connected without the phone being connected, you should see the controller screen having a status of "Ready to Go" alternating to "Atti Mode" if your indoors or "Gps Mode" if it's connected properly. The drone should have a slow flashing green light at the back.

Once you have the RC and AC connected you should be able to turn on the phone,  connect it via usb cable to the controller and then open the DJI Go 4 app and hopefully the activation process is there.

Make sure you understand how the DJI Go4 app works, here is the best resource for all the different functions

https://forum.dji.com/thread-118397-1-1.html

2017-12-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry to read on this, Penoir, please refer to the video Lannes provided in the post 4# to activate the drone, if you have any trouble to do it, please provide me more details of the issue and the SN of your drone for better assistance. Besides, here are some support videos for your reference. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX
2017-12-25
Use props
djiuser_0w9SZ7vUh8w4
lvl.1

I too am having the same issues with not getting a prompt to activate with the Phantom Pro + v2.0. I think this also might be why the motors aren’t working when I try to take off. Any ideas? I’m a little bit of a techie; this shouldn’t be that hard.
2018-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_0w9SZ7vUh8w4 Posted at 2018-5-20 05:18
I too am having the same issues with not getting a prompt to activate with the Phantom Pro + v2.0. I think this also might be why the motors aren’t working when I try to take off. Any ideas? I’m a little bit of a techie; this shouldn’t be that hard.

Sorry for the difficulties, the drone must be activated before you start the motors. Please refer to the following tutorial video to try again, you can also try another mobile device to see if the issue persists, if yes, please post the serial number here for further support.
2018-5-20
Use props
djiuser_0w9SZ7vUh8w4
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-20 20:15
Sorry for the difficulties, the drone must be activated before you start the motors. Please refer to the following tutorial video to try again, you can also try another mobile device to see if the issue persists, if yes, please post the serial number here for further support.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF7xoDTMyrA

Mindy - does this also work for the 4 + with built in display?
2018-5-21
Use props
djiuser_0w9SZ7vUh8w4
lvl.1

djiuser_0w9SZ7vUh8w4 Posted at 2018-5-21 11:50
Mindy - does this also work for the 4 + with built in display?

Ok I'll respond to my own question after fidgeting around for a couple hours. No.

Thanks DJI for nothing, again. I'll spread the word about how great you are.
2018-5-21
Use props
djiuser_0w9SZ7vUh8w4
lvl.1

Hmm, I wonder if I'll get Assistant 2 pitched to me again to try to solve my issues. Which does nothing, by the way, if you have Pro 4+ 2.0, which none of the "representatives" seem to know.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_0w9SZ7vUh8w4 Posted at 2018-5-21 17:33
Hmm, I wonder if I'll get Assistant 2 pitched to me again to try to solve my issues. Which does nothing, by the way, if you have Pro 4+ 2.0, which none of the "representatives" seem to know.

Sorry that I didn't notice your drone is Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 with Screen, just to verify, did you slide down the screen to connect to wifi network before activation?
2018-5-21
Use props
djiuser_0w9SZ7vUh8w4
lvl.1

Hi All - my advice: do not do any further business with DJI, but obviously your choice.

I have let Capital One know to reject any further transactions with the company and also notify all other potential customers. I let them know I was sent a nonworking/defective product, given no help, and now my money is just in limbo.

This was partially my fault; I was warned by Capital One, but still let the transaction go through.

All I wanted was a hobby and in return my money stolen. Nice.

I could have spent the $2k on something else. So, DJI, I warned you. I will keep posting on your shady business.

Let's go.

AWFUL!
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_0w9SZ7vUh8w4 Posted at 2018-5-23 04:40
Hi All - my advice: do not do any further business with DJI, but obviously your choice.

I have let Capital One know to reject any further transactions with the company and also notify all other potential customers. I let them know I was sent a nonworking/defective product, given no help, and now my money is just in limbo.

Sir, I understand your frustration and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. May I know where did you purchase the drone and could you offer the aircraft SN for a double check?

We will appreciate if you can upload a short video of the activation issue to check the exact status, we will try our best to help you out.
2018-5-23
Use props
NolaDrone
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_0w9SZ7vUh8w4 Posted at 2018-5-23 04:40

I have let Capital One know to reject any further transactions with the company and also notify all other potential customers. I let them know I was sent a nonworking/defective product, given no help, and now my money is just in limbo.

I am also having this problem and all I get form DJI is, " look at this activation video , or, try uninstalling the app and reinstall. Nothing works and I cant get any helpful assistance.
2019-3-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

NolaDrone Posted at 3-24 19:51
I am also having this problem and all I get form DJI is, " look at this activation video , or, try uninstalling the app and reinstall. Nothing works and I cant get any helpful assistance.

Hi NolaDrone, sorry for the troubles on activating, may I have the model of your drone first? What is the version of your APP? Please PM me the serial number of your drone as well so that we can check, thank you.
2019-3-24
Use props
djiuser_2M5cO6zqpyJJ
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-25 03:40
Sorry to read on this, Penoir, please refer to the video Lannes provided in the post 4# to activate the drone, if you have any trouble to do it, please provide me more details of the issue and the SN of your drone for better assistance. Besides, here are some support videos for your reference. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX

Hello. I hope you can help. I just received an Inspire 1 v2. Open box, don't believe it has ever been activated. When the Go app opens, there is never an activation page that shows up. It goes straight to the page where I can select camera. Drone and remote are connected. When the app shows I'm ready to fly, and I pull the sticks down and in, it says "activate drone". I have reinstalled the app many times. I should say that I do not have a camera hooked up to it while doing this. Just don't know what to do! Thanks for any help.

Serial number: FE2514360S4573
2019-9-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_2M5cO6zqpyJJ Posted at 9-7 13:57
Hello. I hope you can help. I just received an Inspire 1 v2. Open box, don't believe it has ever been activated. When the Go app opens, there is never an activation page that shows up. It goes straight to the page where I can select camera. Drone and remote are connected. When the app shows I'm ready to fly, and I pull the sticks down and in, it says "activate drone". I have reinstalled the app many times. I should say that I do not have a camera hooked up to it while doing this. Just don't know what to do! Thanks for any help.

Hi, thank you for your response. I already sent you a PM kindly please check your inbox. Thank you!
2019-9-7
Use props
djiuser_2M5cO6zqpyJJ
lvl.1

djiuser_2M5cO6zqpyJJ Posted at 9-7 13:57

Hello. I realize this is an older post, but I have the same exact problem with the Inspire 1 v2 I purchased a couple days ago. How did you resolve the issue? It would be of great help to me if you can help me out. Thank you!
2019-9-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_2M5cO6zqpyJJ Posted at 9-9 06:11
Hello. I realize this is an older post, but I have the same exact problem with the Inspire 1 v2 I purchased a couple days ago. How did you resolve the issue? It would be of great help to me if you can help me out. Thank you!

Hi there, sorry for the troubles on the activation, what APP are you running? Was the RC connected to the aircraft and what is the color of its LED?
2019-9-10
Use props
nobadayz555
New

United States

Greetings.

I too am having the same issues as described above.  From the app, I am not getting prompted to activate.  I can tell that the drone is connected to the controller, as the app indicates that it is connected.  When I turn off the drone, the app indicates that it is disconnected.  When I power the drone back on, the app shows that the drone is connected again.  The drone has a slow flashing green light.  When I attempt to launch the drone using the Auto Takeoff from the app, I get the error "null:255" and the drone does nothing.  When I attempt to start the motors from the controller, using the controller sticks (pushing both sticks to the inner corners), nothing happens.  I have uninstalled the app multiple times.  I have powered all components involved (drone, controller, phone) multiple times in multiple combinations.  I'm using DJI Drone app, version 3.1.
I believe that the problem is that the drone has not been activated, because I was never prompted to activate and I cannot find or do anything to activate the drone.
Please do not post a video referring to one of the videos that tell me to press "Activate" when prompted, because that is the problem:  I am not getting prompted to activate.
I have the DJI Mine 2 SE.

Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

2023-12-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

nobadayz555 Posted at 12-31 13:13
Greetings.

I too am having the same issues as described above.  From the app, I am not getting prompted to activate.  I can tell that the drone is connected to the controller, as the app indicates that it is connected.  When I turn off the drone, the app indicates that it is disconnected.  When I power the drone back on, the app shows that the drone is connected again.  The drone has a slow flashing green light.  When I attempt to launch the drone using the Auto Takeoff from the app, I get the error "null:255" and the drone does nothing.  When I attempt to start the motors from the controller, using the controller sticks (pushing both sticks to the inner corners), nothing happens.  I have uninstalled the app multiple times.  I have powered all components involved (drone, controller, phone) multiple times in multiple combinations.  I'm using DJI Drone app, version 3.1.

Hi there. Sorry to know about this. Could you please make sure and confirm that the app you referred to (DJI Drone app) is the DJI Fly App? To ensure that the app can be used normally, this can be downloaded on our official website. If possible, please change a different network, mobile device and re-try. If you have time, please share a photo of the error message above mentioned. Thanks for your patience.
2023-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules