DJI Go app crashes when starting the Camera
1856 9 2017-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa3ddea56
lvl.1
Philippines

Hello,

I just bought an Osmo Mobile, I downloaded the app on my Pixel one phone. It connects to the gimbal but when opening the camera, it crashes every damn time! This is making the gimbal useless. My pixel is on Android 8.1.0

I also tried using my iPhone 5c but active tracking is missing on the app. My iPhone is on iOS 10.0.1

Any help or suggestions in fixing these problems?

I'm thinking of returning the gimbal too!

Kind regards,
Sasa
2017-12-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Sasa, sorry for the experience with our product, did you try to reinstall the APP?
iPhone 5c doesn't have the Active Track function because of the hardware limitation, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2017-12-25
Use props
fansa3ddea56
lvl.1
Philippines

Hi Mindy,

I did try to reinstall the app on my pixel phone. It works the first time after reinstalling, but when I close it and open again - same problem - camera crashes every time. The screen goes black then eventually crashes when camera button is tapped.
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansa3ddea56 Posted at 2017-12-25 21:38
Hi Mindy,

I did try to reinstall the app on my pixel phone. It works the first time after reinstalling, but when I close it and open again - same problem - camera crashes every time. The screen goes black then eventually crashes when camera button is tapped.

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Could you please export the crash log data to us for further analysis if you are available?
If yes, please find the log in mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH, once you export it, please upload to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link here, thank you for your time.
2017-12-26
Use props
fansa3ddea56
lvl.1
Philippines

As requested : log crash file can be accessed via this link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sh6AISZV5r2nJePoUx-i-sS0T78vMpfM/view?usp=drivesdk
2017-12-29
Use props
pilotax
New
Flight distance : 9308 ft
United Kingdom

My crash logs are here
https://drive.google.com/open?id ... PnhYxvXjbhXlXTby_jp

7 crashes.
2017-12-29
Use props
djiuser_rMsNZ1c
New
New Zealand

I also have the same issue with Nexus 6p / Android 8.1.0 / DJI GO 3.1.23.

Get the microphone permissions issue the on the first opening after installing app, then crash on subsequent attempts to reopen the camera in the DJI GO app. Suspect they are related and due to recent Android permissions change as other apps have had similar issues.
2017-12-29
Use props
jose broto
New

Spain

I have Mavic pro 2 with a smart controller and when opening the camera, it crashes the application every time. The first time i opened the app all works ok but the next times crash.

If someone can help me please do it.

My regards, i attach the log files with the crash error.
2019-6-15
Use props
jose broto
New

Spain

=====        Device Info        =====
manufactureJI
product:rm500
model:rm500
version:V00.00.08.76 release-keys
android version:7.1.2
build num:754
build name:754
sdk version:25
=====        App Info        =====
versionCode:3036085
versionName:4.3.16
=====        Crash        =====
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'double java.lang.Double.doubleValue()' on a null object reference
        at dji.midware.data.forbid.model.FlyfrbAreaJniElement.convertFromProtobuf(SourceFile:76)
        at dji.fscore.jni.JNIFSLimitDataManager.parseLimitProtoDataWithEmptyCheck(SourceFile:106)
        at dji.fscore.jni.JNIFSLimitDataManager.access$100(SourceFile:26)
        at dji.fscore.jni.JNIFSLimitDataManager$1.onSuccess(SourceFile:66)
        at dji.fscore.jni.JNIFSLimitDataManager$1.onSuccess(SourceFile:63)

=======Thread info======Crash name:java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'double java.lang.Double.doubleValue()' on a null object reference
Cause is:null
Thread name is:Thread-718 864
Thread count is:100
Fd count is:250

2019-6-15
Use props
jose broto
New

Spain

If you need more info plesase ask us.
2019-6-15
Use props