inspire 1 camera, not even close to gopro!
3891 18 2015-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markos10
lvl.1

Greece

Dear co-owner of Inspire 1

After several flights with the Ispire 1, I decided to write my own review.
Before buying it, Ι looked very very well  and I was between this one and the s900. I read every single reviwe and every video was the internet and youtbe.

I wanted it for professional use, and therefore that I had already a hexacopter 800, I assumed that it is the perfect solution for me.
But now that I've already made 20 flights I can draw a complete conclusion.
  Starting with the good, the flight is very good, stable and very precise in any maneuvering.   Very good battery time, very good remote control.I did not like the vision positioning system, because... for me is useless if it operates up to 2m high. if I want to shoot inside of a building I need to fly a height greater than 2m of course.
and to come to the burning issue .....
  I believe that the camera is unacceptable. Is not keeping up on a quick flight. To lighting changes is not responding as it should, against the sunlight.....  better not ...... I thing Dji people needs very quick to offer a gimbal that fits a gopro cam.
  The Kimball was mainly designed to match the design of the helicopter than to hold the camera without vibration.
At least mine, brings a lot of vibration on video left and right. in the midle, is crystal clear! I had to change the rubbers from my old zenmuse h3 3d tha are  more stiff to have less vibration but still there are.
  Also if you offer a proffesional tool and so damm expensive you need to leave to them to define the maximun height and where to fly. So Inspire 1 is not  good for my job....

This is my humble opinion, from someone who operates everything  that have propellers for  over 15 years

2015-4-18
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

First thing, i have no vibration issue on my Inspire so there is 0 jello on my footage, so i recomend you check your Inspire for any vibration issues it might have.

I have both, the s1000 and inspire 1, and if you are looking for professional footage for commercial use, then GH4 can deliver much better quality then the Inspire 1. On the other hand, i fly much more often with Inspire 1 then S1000. Its setup time, its the bulkiness of s1000, battery's, chargers...i love it all, but Inspire is different, its easier to setup and fly.
2015-4-18
Use props
markos10
lvl.1

Greece

Ozren Posted at 2015-4-18 18:28
First thing, i have no vibration issue on my Inspire so there is 0 jello on my footage, so i recomen ...

I have already send a video on dji support and waiting........
maybe the problem is in myinspire 1.I agree about Panasonic but if you compare sony's Inspire and gopro ?

2015-4-18
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

markos10 Posted at 2015-4-18 18:33
I have already send a video on dji support and waiting........
maybe the problem is in myinspire 1. ...

I have zero vibration right to left as well.   I can swing the inspire back and forth with great force and the resulting video is perfectly smooth.   This is of course in follow or free mode.   If you were in FPV mode there would be terrible movement everything you made a left/right move.   
And as a professional camera operator, I keep all of the camera settings on manual and adapt them myself, which is always the best way to work with the environment.

If the Inpsire were a $15,000 system I would be disappointed.   But for $3k, the shots you can get from it are astouding!    Will it do everything I want?   Absolutely not.   I'd love a full frame sensor that shoots to ProRes at 200FPS, but then the camera alone would cost $5k and be too heavy for a quad.

When used for what it does best, the Inspire is phenominal.
2015-4-18
Use props
zeitlinger
lvl.2
Bolivia

marcos10,
unfortunately we cannot balance the propellers with ordinary balancing tools to get rid of the vibrations. I hope DJI will provide us with a balancing tool for self tightening propellers.

I had also a problem with my camera - it got replaced, in the meantime I shot with a GoPro on the Inspire. But it does work only with other Gimbals not with Zenmuse H3 for example.
zeitlinger@gmx. Posted at 2015-3-31 00:11
2015-4-19
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

markos10 - I can confirm what others have posted here - I'm not seeing the vibration you're describing either.  It sounds as if you have an issue with your specific I1 rather than a design issue with the camera or the bird.  It IS known that a number of the earlier production units had bad vibration issues.  Perhaps yours is one of those.

Unfortunately this means dealing with DJI tech support and possibly repair, which we know has a slow turnaround.  But if it's not working... that may be what's needed.
2015-4-19
Use props
markos10
lvl.1

Greece

PeteGould, zeitlinger, jimhare, Ozren

Thanks for taking the time to write down your experience and opinions.

The bird is not earlier production, My props are perfectly balanced, but I have a doubt about my motors. I mean if you pull the motor upwards is having a small space..... all four of theme........ I don't know if is normal, maybe it is
  But unfortunate I am currently waiting for Dji to write back to me.
2015-4-20
Use props
enkhome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 273038 ft
Netherlands

zeitlinger@gmx. Posted at 2015-4-20 07:46
marcos10,
unfortunately we cannot balance the propellers with ordinary balancing tools to get rid of ...

I have balanced my props you can find good balancers on Ebay the rod with a dubro
2015-4-20
Use props
jason
lvl.1

United States

IMHO  the positioning system is about perfect for indoor use at 2m (6-1/2 ft.). Most ceilings (residential of course) are 8' tall, so flying any higher than 6.5 ft. and there will be some issues with stability at the ceiling. I also find 6.5' to be at a perfect eye level for showing homes inside. When in commercial buildings (warehouses etc.) I've had no issues just flying manual when GPS isn't available. As far as vibration, I've only seen this indoors when in FPV mode (which is expected), and/or when camera settings are set too high in tighter rooms. Stopping and hovering (when in highest res. etc.) for a second and allowing time to focus is perfect, than I move to center of room and rotate gimbal 360-degrees. Editing the "tight room" videos afterwards is always a must in my experience, if not simply to fix those milliseconds of focus time or lighting changes.  Other than that, try experimenting with manual camera settings and make sure you're in "follow" mode, rather than FPV. You may also want to try switching back to the factory dampers for the gimbal, as stiffer isn't typically better either with my experience when I was shooting with the Phantom2 using an  H3-3D and GoPro 3+.... There are subtle differences between the cameras, but once you get the settings fine tuned, and/or post production editing down, the end results are amazing with I1. Again just my .02... Take care!
2015-4-20
Use props
zeitlinger
lvl.2
Bolivia

markos10 Posted at 2015-4-20 18:26
PeteGould, zeitlinger, jimhare, Ozren

Thanks for taking the time to write down your experience and  ...

mine have also a little space moving the motors up and down - not visible, but you can feel it. There is no issue with flight or stabilisation the image
2015-4-23
Use props
cinejeff
lvl.1
United States

I completely disagree with Markos10 on the quality of the images that the Inspire provides.  I have been a cinematographer for over 20 years and have worked with just about every camera system available, from Super 35 film to Arri Alexa to RED to DSLR's to GoPro 4.  This Inspire camera is superior to a GoPro 4 black for one particular reason, FOV.  The GoPro shoots 4K but only in fisheye FOV.

The ability of this Inspire camera to be manipulated in color correction is far superior to GoPro or even the 5D Mark III which falls apart very quickly.  Knowing how to maximize the camera's capabilities is where everyone falls short with their assessments.  Never shoot in auto anything.  Use enough ND to get a proper exposure in bright sunlight.  Don't adjust the shutter speed unless you change the frame rate.  Also, if you're not using the fastest microSD cards available (UHS-I) then you're going to suffer with data rates.  

Is this camera as good as an EPIC Dragon or Alexa?  Of course not.  But it is far better than many cameras that I see "professionals" using in all sorts of productions.  The good news is that the camera will only get better, we're at the bottom floor with this first generation camera, and it's already pretty good.
2015-4-23
Use props
markos10
lvl.1

Greece

cinejeff Posted at 2015-4-24 04:11
I completely disagree with Markos10 on the quality of the images that the Inspire provides.  I have  ...

Dear Cinejeff,
this is why I am complaining about. probably the problem is in my quad, but if you had that image on yours from the day one ?
tommorow Iam waiting a reply from dji ...... soon we will know

2015-4-23
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

markos10 Posted at 2015-4-24 04:54
Dear Cinejeff,
this is why I am complaining about. probably the problem is in my quad, but if you  ...

it's your I1's problem, it should not like that.

Look that how smooth they are suppose to be on my video:

2015-4-23
Use props
joekeantang
lvl.4

United States

I think the inspire 1 does a great job, this was shot by some other member from this forum...
Footage looks amazing
2015-4-23
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
Canada

howie121218@gma Posted at 2015-4-24 05:14
it's your I1's problem, it should not like that.

Look that how smooth they are suppose to be on  ...

Easter grass. not good.
2015-4-23
Use props
chibberts
lvl.1

United States

I actually enjoy the Inspire and have 0 video issues. I would suggest everyone balance the props. I bought a rod for balancing the props off EBAY. Also got a DU BRO balancing kit. No jello at all. There are also videos on you tube for how to balance them. I am not selling just what I bought works great. The video was useful.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Orion-RC ... hash=item234ac6c9e2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Dubr ... hash=item43c7eef332

2015-4-23
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

vonbaron1 Posted at 2015-4-24 11:05
Easter grass. not good.

lol..you don't like easter grass, they are awesome...lol
2015-4-23
Use props
ge0se
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3184721 ft
United States

Has anyone figured out how to balance the new quick release props?
2015-4-23
Use props
bersgard
New

United Kingdom

Cinejeff - very encouraged by your comments regarding video quality, as I have been very disappointed so far. Hoping now I'm doing something wrong!

Could you possibly tell us a bit more? You mention card speeds (UHS-I). I'm using the Lexar 600x 16Gb SDHC I card that came with the unit - I'm guessing this is getting me the highest possible data rate, though I am noticing some terrible block artefacting on areas of smooth colour (eg. green fields), and evidence of I-frame compression and terrible moire on high detail areas (e.g. trees). Any way to mitigate this?

Also you mention NDs to reduce shutter rates. Are you using the supplied ND, or do you know of any higher-stop NDs that will do the job? What sort of shutter rates are you achieving?

Also I may be going mad, but I swear that when I use the ND, the evidence of compression artefacting gets worse. Any reason you can think of that this may be the case? I'm baffled!

Thanks in advance!
2015-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules