Compass error
661 4 2017-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3f16d419
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25758 ft
Norway

Hello. When i fly my spark i often get the compass error even if i calibrate the compass. Can anyone please explain to me why this happens?
2017-12-25
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

There can be many factors but most of the time it is caused by strong interferences by e.g. metal or other electronic devices etc. at take off time or during flight. Try to fly in an open space without sources of interference. You should not calibrate your compass in areas with interference and also only do it when requested by the app or when you have changed location over a big distance.
2017-12-25
Use props
fans3f16d419
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25758 ft
Norway

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-25 05:43
There can be many factors but most of the time it is caused by strong interferences by e.g. metal or other electronic devices etc. at take off time or during flight. Try to fly in an open space without sources of interference. You should not calibrate your compass in areas with interference and also only do it when requested by the app or when you have changed location over a big distance.

I belive there where some high voltage cable nearby where i flew my drone. Maybe that was the reason for the compass error. Live and learn
2017-12-25
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

fans3f16d419 Posted at 2017-12-25 05:53
I belive there where some high voltage cable nearby where i flew my drone. Maybe that was the reason for the compass error. Live and learn

Oh yes, power lines can be very bad! I am glad that you have found the source of the problem.
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, it is recommend to fly in the place without interference. I'd suggest to the tutorial video of Flight Environment Selection for your reference.

2017-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules