Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Christmas Eve flight 17 degrees F
803 11 2017-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 938012 ft
United States

Flew around a bit on X-mas eve to see how it would do in the cold. It was 17f. The gimbal was a bit jerky at times but other than that it did very well. Battery never dropped below 64f.

Merry Chrstmas all how your warm and happy.

2017-12-25
Use props
nnote
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358048 ft
United States

The first 30 seconds of that music I was waiting for scary murder clown to jump out! Very nice you have such a close open area with great scenery to fly in.
2017-12-25
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome video! The music was a bit weird, but I liked it!
2017-12-25
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Flew a bit at -12F couple days ago.  No problems, but took it fairly easy.  Don't like pushing things when it's that cold.
2017-12-25
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
lvl.4
United States

Nice pics, awful music.   
2017-12-25
Use props
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-12-25 17:04
Flew a bit at -12F couple days ago.  No problems, but took it fairly easy.  Don't like pushing things when it's that cold.

What was your battery temp when it was -12f? I thought about flying last night when I got home but it was -2 here. Didn't want to push my luck.
2017-12-26
Use props
Jffoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 709 ft
Sweden

What a nice little town, i wanna live there.. Nice video
2017-12-26
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

AuroraHunter Posted at 2017-12-26 06:44
What was your battery temp when it was -12f? I thought about flying last night when I got home but it was -2 here. Didn't want to push my luck.

The battery was brought outside from the house in my pocket, so it was "warm".  I didn't check it while I was flying because it was hovering over my house in a static position, "watching me" blow snow off the driveway for a few passes.  I did play around a few minutes over a field when I brought it down, before doing some close manuevering on the porch to land.

I'm always gentle on the controls, but even more so when it is well below freezing.  I've seen my Phantom throw some error when hitting too much throttle under really cold conditions.  Usually, it is a weaker cell dropping too much when hit hard with current flow.  Not unexpected at all.

Gary
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

happy flying and Merry Christmas!
2017-12-26
Use props
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-12-26 11:21
The battery was brought outside from the house in my pocket, so it was "warm".  I didn't check it while I was flying because it was hovering over my house in a static position, "watching me" blow snow off the driveway for a few passes.  I did play around a few minutes over a field when I brought it down, before doing some close manuevering on the porch to land.

I'm always gentle on the controls, but even more so when it is well below freezing.  I've seen my Phantom throw some error when hitting too much throttle under really cold conditions.  Usually, it is a weaker cell dropping too much when hit hard with current flow.  Not unexpected at all.

If you upload your flight log to Air data you can see the battery log for the time that it was on. You might be able to see that information from the flight log in the DJI app but have never looked there.

2017-12-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Really nice vid!
2017-12-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain