Lost control of Mavic
1581 9 2017-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Orcanic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 582418 ft
Croatia

Hello.. Today i lost control of Mavic 2 times. Camera went violently up/down and Mavic started to fly on its own. After 10-15 seconds things went back to normal. Original video on mavic doesn't have that part saved on SD card, but video cache on GO4 has. Here it is https://drive.google.com/open?id ... 8vTRXKdor7MUT2EXq78
I tried to download flight logs from Mavic but the last log is dated on 17.12. (today is 25.12 and i had couple of flights since then) so something very strange is going on. Does anybody know what could be the problem? I did IMU and gimball calibration now, but i'm afraid this could be some hardware error and i might crash the drone next time if it happens.   

2017-12-25
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Where did you take off from? Patio, balcony... Since most are made from conrete and reebar metal it woul be most likely the cause. Try taking off and flying from a different area to see if you would have the same problems..
2017-12-25
Use props
Ribeiro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2950994 ft
Brazil

This looks like a gimbal reset mid flight. Was there wind? Were you recording video for a long time before it happened?
2017-12-25
Use props
Orcanic
lvl.1
Croatia

I took off from a concrete path. Yep, it seems like a gimbal reset and i found a lot of same problems here on forum. I also noticed gimbal is not working correctly when Mavic is breaking after going forward (video becomes shaky) and horizon doesn't stay flat when i pan left or right. There was no high wind. I did IMU and gimbal calibration but i doubt that will solve problem. Did u guys experience similar things?
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Orcanic, just to verify, does the issue appear in every flight? What's the current aircraft and controller version? I'd suggest upgrade to the latest firmware to see whether it remains.
2017-12-31
Use props
Orcanic
lvl.1
Croatia

Hello Susan. This doesn't appear in every flight but when it happend it happend twice during one flying session (i changed 3 batteries). I would also like to know if it is normal for Mavic not to maintain horizon level while rolling/going left or right? I watched couple of videos on YT and they also have that problem. Also, is it normal that camera shakes (video glitch) when u stop the drone from flying forward in standard mode (not sport)?  I experience all this things. I think i will make a YT video with examples. Btw. i have the latest FW on mavic/controler and latest GO4 app. I did IMU and gimbal calibration. Thx.
2018-1-1
Use props
Orcanic
lvl.1
Croatia

Ok, thank you for clarification. I suppose all is fine with a Mavic then, however i was not aware of all this "little problems" although i watched so many Mavic videos on YT before buying.
2018-1-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I went against the grain and endless advice not to do it and put the gimbal dome cover on during a windy flight - it seemed to shield the gimbal from the wind and horizon tilt issues were nowhere near as bad - should be ok for a single flight in mild weather but not on hot days and you will get glare in some of the video. I hardly get any tilt issues these days on my Mavic Platinum so leave the dome off but on my previous Mavic it was an issue and one of the reasons I sold it. The new ESC’s and props on the platinum definitely enhances flight stability.
2018-1-2
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-2 07:10
I went against the grain and endless advice not to do it and put the gimbal dome cover on during a windy flight - it seemed to shield the gimbal from the wind and horizon tilt issues were nowhere near as bad - should be ok for a single flight in mild weather but not on hot days and you will get glare in some of the video. I hardly get any tilt issues these days on my Mavic Platinum so leave the dome off but on my previous Mavic it was an issue and one of the reasons I sold it. The new ESC’s and props on the platinum definitely enhances flight stability.

Wonder if you've  used the black shield with open front slot.  I've  used one on occasion to block reflections and glare, but haven't  yet needed anything for gimbal jitter. Seems like it should reduce effects of cross winds/prop wash.  Probably  not so helpful in Sport Mode ;-)
2018-1-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Griffith Posted at 2018-1-2 11:15
Wonder if you've  used the black shield with open front slot.  I've  used one on occasion to block reflections and glare, but haven't  yet needed anything for gimbal jitter. Seems like it should reduce effects of cross winds/prop wash.  Probably  not so helpful in Sport Mode ;-)

I did have the PGYTech version of the flare hood but didn't notice any effect on the tilt. I don't use flare hoods anymore but it would probably add a little less issue to the gimbal tilt. Yeah, I don't think anything will help stable gimbal controls in sport mode
2018-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules