"Sign in failed. Check your network"
123Next >
13913 109 2017-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hardware
New

Australia

Same here in Australia. Can’t create an account on the app  or sign in to one when I create via the website .
Obviously their servers melted. “Upgrading servers” is just weasel words. Very poor planning by engineering at DJI at Xmas. Reputation damage follows. Lucky for them drone market isn’t competitive at all ...
2017-12-25
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Depends on where the servers are located, they don’t celebrate Xmas in China
2017-12-25
Use props
Jeffrey Weidley
New
United States

Just got this drone for xmas. If this app is not working in the morning it is getting returned and I'll buy another brand. This is such a well documented problem that I am actually upset to use this even if it does start working. Will probably return anyway. Unfortunately I will never know if this is even a nice drone, it is DOA because of a need to log into an app. Some genius stuff there. Good bye DJI.
2017-12-25
Use props
djiuser_QhsDR7n
New
United States

Same issue here in Denver. So disappointing and has me really wondering if this brand is where I want to invest my money for a drone.
2017-12-25
Use props
fans616cdb29
lvl.1
Canada

jlc375 Posted at 2017-12-25 16:15
Hi guys. I am in the United States. I am on the phone with DJI's customer support (for the United States +1 (818) 235-0789). It's about 7:15pm United States Eastern Time. I have spoken with 3 different customer support agents. They are basically saying the same thing over and over again (server update). I finally spoke with a supervisor. The supervisor promised to call me back with an update. I'd encourage anybody reading this to call DJI customer support and demand to speak with a supervisor.

Thanks for taking the time to update all of us users that are struggling to get these gifts working for our friends and family.  Was ready to throw it into a snowbank, but I'll wait for now...
2017-12-25
Use props
fans41c09731
New

United States

Ugh. Same issues in Texas. Frustrating. Damn China
2017-12-25
Use props
aaronthefirst
New

United States

same here realy disapointed not being able to use my new mavic
2017-12-25
Use props
djiuser_dd5GW6B
New

United States

Same......
2017-12-25
Use props
zpig
New

United States

Hey,

I have been having this issue too out on Oahu... Just got it and have not even taken it up in the sky yet.. Hopefully it gets resolved soon!
2017-12-25
Use props
djiuser_WMJQeGU
New

United States

Wow. This really sucks. So ready to return this. Requiring an app to fly the drone is also really lame. No way to just fly it around while waiting for the server issues to resolve makes me think it’s a major issue. I don’t want to have to log into an app to use the drone. What happens if DJI goes out of business. Is the drone just a brick then?
2017-12-25
Use props
fans616cdb29
lvl.1
Canada

fans616cdb29 Posted at 2017-12-25 16:39
Thanks for taking the time to update all of us users that are struggling to get these gifts working for our friends and family.  Was ready to throw it into a snowbank, but I'll wait for now...

Just got this from the support chat session...

"We're currently having a suspected server issue which has knocked out our service for the time being. We’re aware of the problem and are working hard to solve it. Thank you for your patience as we work through this issue.

We are sorry but you may not be notified personally since a lot of users are experiencing this issue and we rather focus on resolving it."
2017-12-25
Use props
djiuser_iQ1zQZX
New
United States

Same issue all day, in Dutchess County, NY. A major dissapointment, really wanted to get my Spark up and running today and this software will not log me in. Junk!! Hope this gets resolved very soon.
2017-12-25
Use props
PhilDx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8694 ft
United States

Same here. Very frustrating.
2017-12-25
Use props
djiuser_hg8cgWp
New

United States

Same!! Argh. Bought a brand new DJI Spark (Fly More package) for our son for xmas and he's down all day with this block.
2017-12-25
Use props
jlc375
New
United States

OK guys. It's about 8:15pm USA Eastern Time on Dec. 25 (Christmas Day)
About an hour ago, I got off the phone with DJI customer support. DJI's response has been abysmal.

#1 - I just wrote an email to the founder and CEO of DJI Frank Wang (I've posted the text below). His email I think is frank.wang@dji.com. I doubt he will respond, but I'd encourage everybody to email him about your problems.

#2 - One of the investors and members of the board of DJI is a man by the name of Sameer Gandhi, who works for Accel Partners in Palo Alto California. The phone number of Accel Partners is (United States) +1 650 614-4800. If you go through the phone system, you can be transferred to the line of Sameer. Just a note, it's Christmas Day here in the United States, so nobody will probably pickup the phone (so you will get voicemail, which I doubt anybody will listen to), but you can inform Accel partners that their company is disappointing its customers.

My email to Frank Wang, the CEO of DJI

Hi Frank-

My name is []. I am a customer of DJI. I am based in the United States. I just bought the DJI SPARK. I am attempting to register for a DJI GO 4 account. I am unable to do this so I contacted DJI's United States Customer support at 818-235-0789, both via the online chat as well as phone.

I was told by a customer support agent that I am currently unable to register (and therefore unable to use the product) because of a server update. It's pretty weird that DJI is choosing to update its servers on Christmas Day. You might want to speak with your head of product or engineering or whoever is on your management team about choosing Christmas Day to perform a server update.

After speaking/typing with no less than 3 customer support agents, I finally was able to speak with a "supervisor". The supervisor provided no new information and no timeline.

So now I am stuck with a United States Dollars $500+ expensive paperweight. This is unacceptable.

By the way, I am not the only frustrated customer. Take a look at DJI's own customer forums. Also, judging by the posts from DJI's forums, this is not a new problem.

Please advise. Thank you.

My mobile phone number is []. I am also going to try to reach out to Sameer Gandhi about this. Thank you

Merry Christmas
[ ]

2017-12-25
Use props
Aaron Lawrence
New

United States

Having the same problem with sign up and tried trouble shooting all day. Called the support team, they tried to say they would call
Me back 24 hours later but I refused and they finally got somebody to give me some meaning ful words and they said the have just noticed this problem today and it will be fixed by tomorrow but I see this is a problem in other threads and it goes further back to then today....let’s hope they get this fixed by tomorrow
2017-12-25
Use props
fansdea5f5c4
New

United Kingdom

Same here in the UK. Bought my husband a Spark for Christmas and he has been unable to use it thus far. It is currently 1.20am UK time and am hoping it will be fixed in the morning. Why on earth you need to sign into an online account to fly a drone is beyond me...doesn’t bode well for being able to use it out in the countryside with no phone signal. I seriously hope that isn’t the case!
2017-12-25
Use props
fans345f44f9
lvl.1
United States

I am having the same issue as well.  Type in the Captcha then when I hit Sign In, the Captcha I typed in disappears.  Then after a while, it says failed to login.  

This all happened after the latest update from the DJI Go 4 app.    I've only flown my new Mavic once
2017-12-25
Use props
fans345f44f9
lvl.1
United States

Just received a message from online Tech Support after expressing my issues.  Here is their response:  " We have received a report regarding the issue you are experiencing with the app and we are sorry to hear about it. This issue has been forwarded to our field application experts already. We do apologize for the inconvience if we have any updates on when will be resolved. "
2017-12-25
Use props
fans99de3a5c
New

United States

yep. mee too. Texas. Spark. Ugh!
2017-12-25
Use props
Eagles
New

United States

Bought a Spark for my son for xmas..after he got frustrated tring to get it going I wasted 3 hours of my life.then found this forum..explaining the issue. what a piece of crap...Im saving myself $700 and taking my paper weight back to the store tomorrow
2017-12-25
Use props
LUKEISDABEST
New
United States

I got the drone today and have already bought the hundred dollar warranty and the fifty dollar drone registration. So i could take it back to the store but then I would be out hundred fifty dollars plus 15% restocking fee.
2017-12-25
Use props
fans8fee8adb
New

United States

What kind of mindless turds schedule a server upgrade on Christmas Day when everyone is trying to use a gift they’ve been waiting months for?  Or an even better question - why the hell do you need to log into anything to fly?  This is the worst experience I’ve ever had with a high tech device out of the box. IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT BUYING A DJI PRODUCT AND ARE READING THIS —DON’T DO IT!!!
2017-12-25
Use props
joeruegsegger
lvl.1
United States

Same Issue!
2017-12-25
Use props
djiuser_Cdyd7CZ
New
Australia

Same problem in Sydney, does anyone know whey they require you to be connected through the app to fly the drone?
2017-12-25
Use props
djiuser_WOdiO9m
New

United States

Support said 3-4 hours 4 hours ago. What a piece of $h!t company.  
2017-12-25
Use props
Johnmitchell811
lvl.1

Canada

There is away around the sign in. If you have the DJI go app 4.0. All you have to do it open the app and right away click on the type of drone you want then wait 3 or 4 second then choose your drone from the list. This will allow you to use your app without being logged in. I’ve just tried this 3 times and it worked for me every time. The only this is ever time you exit the app you have to do the process all over again. Hope this quick fix lets you fly you your drone while DJI gets there act together. Thanks!
2017-12-25
Use props
Schmidt7
New
United States

Same thing in CA, returning tomorrow and will do my best to discourage anyone from buying a DJI product ever again.  
2017-12-25
Use props
fans18a17a5e
New
United States

Fact: DJI doesn’t care about their customers. They make a great product and bank on performance, capabilities and specs. They don’t give a dang about customer services, user interface or operational support.

The only way to evoke change is to hit them in the pocket book and start a mass of returns. The product may be in my possession but the sale is not complete until it’s working. DJI completely ruined a Christmas gift because they simple don’t care about their customers.
2017-12-25
Use props
Viking1111
New
New Zealand

Same problem here in New Zealand. I am really angry as I wanted to use my drone on a off-roading trip! Thanks for great Holiday DJI
2017-12-25
Use props
fans8fee8adb
New

United States

The fact that there is no way to proceed without logging in had to be the most ridiculous design decision ever. What, am I only supposed to fly within the limits of my home WiFi coverage?  Stupid dumb asinine idiotic pathetic design. Hey DJI, you better be planning on handing out rebates to a lot of people whose Christmas you ruined, and if you don’t, I hope you have tens of thousands of returns on Dec 26.  
2017-12-25
Use props
Kurtstarkey
lvl.1
United States

unaccfckingceptable. -Kurt from AR .

P.s. does customer support not comment on these threads? maybe with a timeframe or apology ? Or do they just ignore us until we riot and it’s too late
2017-12-25
Use props
Irritated Mavic
New
United States

I am forced to register. In order to register I must log in. In order to log in the server must be up. Now I have a $1500 paper weight and an unhappy family.

Merry Christmas DJI.
2017-12-25
Use props
Kurtstarkey
lvl.1
United States

Good idea rebates guy^^^
2017-12-25
Use props
fans8fee8adb
New

United States

The DJI customer support representative can’t come to the forums right now, he’s busy trying to reboot the TRS-80 registration server.
2017-12-25
Use props
JMF8
New
United States

jlc375 Posted at 2017-12-25 16:15
Hi guys. I am in the United States. I am on the phone with DJI's customer support (for the United States +1 (818) 235-0789). It's about 7:15pm United States Eastern Time. I have spoken with 3 different customer support agents. They are basically saying the same thing over and over again (server update). I finally spoke with a supervisor. The supervisor promised to call me back with an update. I'd encourage anybody reading this to call DJI customer support and demand to speak with a supervisor.

Thanks! I'll call them
2017-12-25
Use props
JMF8
New
United States

jlc375 Posted at 2017-12-25 16:16

LOL! I'm just getting the following message when I call them: "We are experiencing technical difficulties. Check our website.... blabla!!!!"
2017-12-25
Use props
ccattanach
New
United States

I am having the same problem. Very frustrating
2017-12-25
Use props
ccattanach
New
United States

ccattanach Posted at 2017-12-25 18:15
I am having the same problem. Very frustrating

What can be done DJI?
2017-12-25
Use props
djiuser_PT95X1x
lvl.1
Flight distance : 258343 ft
Australia

Same problem in Melbourne Australia.
Is ridiculous that we need to sign in.
Have tried on 3 different devices, deleted and reinstalled the app numerous times, now I can’t even reinstall it!
Dji should supply Everyone affected by this issue with a bonus battery.
4 hours wasted out of an otherwise glorious day
2017-12-25
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules