Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sonic Monkey Posted at 2017-12-27 07:07
Those who have been flying without product and software quality issues: thanks very much for weighing in. Question for you: are you using latest app and firmware? There are many folks here (in other threads as well) who Indicate no issues but who also absolutely refuse to upgrade to the latest in large part I’m sure due to what they read here.

Btw: Thanks again for productive comments, the people in this forum seem to be reasonable and well meaning for the most part so it’s useful to hear from you.

No real issues. Sometimes minor things, but none affected the flight safety.
I like to update as soon as possible. But I'm not a pro. If I would make money flying drones, I would wait a little.
And BTW, if they really make this crappy products. Usually they won't sell a lot
2017-12-27
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Sonic Monkey Posted at 2017-12-27 07:07
Those who have been flying without product and software quality issues: thanks very much for weighing in. Question for you: are you using latest app and firmware? There are many folks here (in other threads as well) who Indicate no issues but who also absolutely refuse to upgrade to the latest in large part I’m sure due to what they read here.

Btw: Thanks again for productive comments, the people in this forum seem to be reasonable and well meaning for the most part so it’s useful to hear from you.

Always run the latest FW, GO4, iOS, fly safe data base. Use an iPhone 6 or Mini4 (WiFi only). update FW over WiFi so that RCMP and battery update all at same time, haven't had any problem there. Have not used Assistant 2, although those that have problems with FW update over WiFi have used it. Most of the time I will wait a day or two before I update and watch for posts of any problems. Just keep in mind many pilots are running many different devices with varying versions of FW and app software so you will need to pick and choose what comments are applicable to you and your situation. When asking for help, give as much info as you can about what device, FW, software you are using so we can zero in on the problem.
2017-12-27
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Never had a problem except finding out the hard way that the sensors don’t like to fly towards the sun...
2017-12-27
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I went through 3 mavic pros; all 3 brand new out of the box had camera issues. That's what I would call a 100% defect rate, a little high in my opinion. In fact, I began to think towards the end that maybe those problems with the camera were actually normal, but most footage you see on Youtube with the mavic doesn't seem to have that problem. So I'm 50/50 guessing on it - maybe I got 3 bad ones in a row, or maybe they all have the jitters in the camera and it's just edited out in post on youtube .

I got lucky with my P4P, which only had a defective battery out of the box. The copter itself seems to be in good shape, once I got a functioning battery in it. I can give DJI that one, since the defect rate on new LiPos in general is very high. Nothing DJI can do about that one.

So I stand by my cautionary advice to ONLY buy from a source with a good return policy. Yes, the squeaky wheel is usually the loudest, but you don't want to ignore or cover it up either. These things cost a lot of money and it only makes sense to protect your expenditure. Nobody wants to buy a brick for 1000+ dollars and be stuck with it...
2017-12-27
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

I have had my Mavic since February and have had lots of problems. When the problems are sorted, it's a joy to fly.  When they are not (about 30% of the time I have owned the unit) it is quite painful. I purchased my Mavic direct from DJI and had to deal with them for customer support, which has been painful at best but mostly useless.
The bottom line for me is that I would never purchase another DJI unit from a seller that did not have a local return policy.  I'll gladly pay the local sales tax for this option. Best Buy not honoring returns on this item should tell you something. Just know that when/if you have issues you will need some recourse other than DJI if you wish to keep your sanity. Please don't give me to opportunity to say I told you so. Cover you options!
2017-12-27
Use props
Nomadic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 754692 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

People who fly well usually tend not to post here saying it's fine, so what you see in forums are biased.Also, you don't go to best buy to return defective ones, you should contact DJI directly through their online aftersales forms.
2017-12-27
Use props
warpiggy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109797 ft
Canada

Thanks guys

Thanks guys for all your great input
2017-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now