QuickShot Issues
9828 24 2017-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TerryWJS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184806 ft
Malaysia

There seems to be a problem with the latest version of the DJI Go4 app for the spark in quickshot modes.

I recently just got a DJI spark (had a spark few months back but sold that off) and the when i used the dronie mode and other quickshot modes the 10 second video that saves into the DJI GO4 app does play as it did normally.

Last time when i used the dronie for the DJI spark the 10 second dronie video will add music automatically and fast forward the actual dronie video recording to make a short clip, however today after testing the quickshot modes extensively i can say with confidence that it doesnt work at all. Now all the quickshot modes do is save the quickshot video and convert it into 10 seconds but during that 10 seconds the video does not fast forward to the end thus resulting in a 10 second quickshot video that is actually the first 10 seconds of the actual dronie recording.. Did not have the problem with my DJI Mavic pro so i think it might be some software issue.

2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Terry, I would recommend you try to edit the video in the editor. When you use quickshot, it will generate a 10 second video in your phone and you need to enter editor to add the local music or edit. Please keep us updated, thanks.
2017-12-27
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

Although i've not experienced the Editor automatically speeding up the footage to fit within the 10 seconds, it has added music automatically. After the last update however it doesn't automatically add the music?

I was using the Circle Quickshot mode yesterday where the drone was recording for much longer than 10 seconds (33-40) but if you go into the Editor on the app it only has the first 10 seconds of footage as you have experienced. However if you connect your drone to a PC/its memory card, the full length video is there. I had to use separate video editing software to make a short video, which was annoying.
2017-12-27
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120623 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same problem but if you go into editor and select your video then select clip, it starts playback with a scissor icon below it.
Press on the scissors and it will start clipping then when you have a clip press the tick button, It will continue to play just repeat the process of cutting segments.
Once done you can save these clips and use them in a longer video.

Hope I explained that well enough......

Here is one I made solely with the DJI editor... I used the cached video though and didn't download the high res.

Cheers,
Paul
2017-12-27
Use props
TerryWJS
lvl.2
Malaysia

MKPSG12 Posted at 2017-12-27 02:33
Although i've not experienced the Editor automatically speeding up the footage to fit within the 10 seconds, it has added music automatically. After the last update however it doesn't automatically add the music?

I was using the Circle Quickshot mode yesterday where the drone was recording for much longer than 10 seconds (33-40) but if you go into the Editor on the app it only has the first 10 seconds of footage as you have experienced. However if you connect your drone to a PC/its memory card, the full length video is there. I had to use separate video editing software to make a short video, which was annoying.

Yes i understand what you mean its just that few months back when i had the DJI spark one could easily take a dronie video and immediately take the quickshot version from DJI GO4 app and then upload it on instagram without having to go home and fiddle with the SD card and doing video editing at home
2017-12-27
Use props
TerryWJS
lvl.2
Malaysia

Paul Lee Posted at 2017-12-27 02:48
I had the same problem but if you go into editor and select your video then select clip, it starts playback with a scissor icon below it.
Press on the scissors and it will start clipping then when you have a clip press the tick button, It will continue to play just repeat the process of cutting segments.
Once done you can save these clips and use them in a longer video.

Thank you for the reply! Yes i do know about the clipping for the video. However the main issue is that the quickshot modes that automatically generate a quickshot video (which is around 10 seconds and adds music to the video) from the actual recorded quickshot mode such as dronie (40 second video if 120m is selected for dronie) so that i can instantly share it in social media such as instagram.

Currently the issue is that it takes the actual dronie footage and then only puts in the first 10 seconds of the actual dronie footage to create the 10 second quickshot video in DJI go4 with music. Meaning that the 10 second video does not go to the end of the dronie (120 meters distance) and instead ends at maybe around 20 meters in distance which is weird.
2017-12-27
Use props
TerryWJS
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-27 01:42
Terry, I would recommend you try to edit the video in the editor. When you use quickshot, it will generate a 10 second video in your phone and you need to enter editor to add the local music or edit. Please keep us updated, thanks.

Hello Elektra, i do know about the editing modes manually. However as i have mentioned to the other person in the reply above, the issue currently is that DJI GO4 app does not create the 10 second quickshot video properly for instant sharing to social media.

The original footage is still saved in the SD card of the DJI Spark after the dronie mode has ended. However the 10 second video that is created from the original dronie footage is corrupted.

Normally if my dronie is 120 meters in distance, the quickshot 10 second video should fast forward the actual dronie recording and squeeze it to fit in 10 seconds with music added in automatically. However what is happening now is that the 10 second video is only playing the first 10 seconds of the actual dronie recording and ending the video when the dronie was only about 20 meters in distance.

2017-12-27
Use props
TerryWJS
lvl.2
Malaysia

As seen in this video i uploaded. This 10 second video was directly pulled from the DJI GO4 app without any modifications. The Circle mode in this 10 second video only showed me the first 10 seconds of when it was recording instead of the entire process in fast forward. The original file is still recorded in the SD card. Just that it's a little troublesome if i want to instantly share quickshot videos on social media..
The circle was not even a quarter completed before the video ended!

2017-12-27
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

TerryWJS Posted at 2017-12-27 06:22
Thank you for the reply! Yes i do know about the clipping for the video. However the main issue is that the quickshot modes that automatically generate a quickshot video (which is around 10 seconds and adds music to the video) from the actual recorded quickshot mode such as dronie (40 second video if 120m is selected for dronie) so that i can instantly share it in social media such as instagram.

Currently the issue is that it takes the actual dronie footage and then only puts in the first 10 seconds of the actual dronie footage to create the 10 second quickshot video in DJI go4 with music. Meaning that the 10 second video does not go to the end of the dronie (120 meters distance) and instead ends at maybe around 20 meters in distance which is weird.

This actually happened to me yesterday.... First time I'd tried dronie and it flew away approx 10m then I got an error message saying something along the lines that it could not complete this action
2017-12-27
Use props
TerryWJS
lvl.2
Malaysia

Paul Lee Posted at 2017-12-27 06:36
This actually happened to me yesterday.... First time I'd tried dronie and it flew away approx 10m then I got an error message saying something along the lines that it could not complete this action

hmm unfortunately I did not get that error message. For me my quickshots were able to finish recording successfully however the 10 second videos are all not working.
2017-12-27
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

TerryWJS Posted at 2017-12-27 06:41
hmm unfortunately I did not get that error message. For me my quickshots were able to finish recording successfully however the 10 second videos are all not working.

If you watch my video at the end I try the dronie with me and my daughter waving .... You can see the distance it managed as I had to fade out when it cut off.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-126098-1-1.html
2017-12-27
Use props
J.G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 172562 ft
Mexico

TerryWJS Posted at 2017-12-27 06:22

Currently the issue is that it takes the actual dronie footage and then only puts in the first 10 seconds of the actual dronie footage to create the 10 second quickshot video in DJI go4 with music. Meaning that the 10 second video does not go to the end of the dronie (120 meters distance) and instead ends at maybe around 20 meters in distance which is weird.

I have the same problem, quickshots are not being created as it should, the quickshot video is just the first 10 seconds of the video in normal speed.

Quickshots was the primary reason to buy the spark, I'm seriously thinking in selling it, I hope an update will fix this, it was working like a charm in the past.
2017-12-27
Use props
TerryWJS
lvl.2
Malaysia

J.G Posted at 2017-12-27 11:09
I have the same problem, quickshots are not being created as it should, the quickshot video is just the first 10 seconds of the video in normal speed.

Quickshots was the primary reason to buy the spark, I'm seriously thinking in selling it, I hope an update will fix this, it was working like a charm in the past.

EXACTLY! This is the issue i have been experiencing. i have no such issue with my mavic when taking quickshots so i do not know why the spark does not work! Frustrating..
2017-12-27
Use props
Tango_B
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2891473 ft
Australia

Tried this today on my Mavic Pro, and having the same problems.
-The DJI Go 4 App is NOT saving the clips as QuickShots, regardless of which of the 3 modes I use (dronie, rocket, spiral).
-The editor only shows the first 10 seconds of unedited footage. It's only when you go to edit the footage,  you see the video in full (again unedited and without the QuickShot features enabled)
- There i no way to manually create a QuickShot acceleration effect (correct me if I'm wrong here)

I'm no tech, but I'm assuming that an update to the app is required to fix this, or is it only affecting a number of pilots? Has anyone been able to get the shots saved as they should?
2017-12-28
Use props
GooseSG
lvl.2
Singapore

I have not update any of my software since my last trip 1st week of Dec 2017.
Is there any way I can prevent my phone/craft/RC to have these problems with the firmware updates?
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

TerryWJS Posted at 2017-12-27 06:36

As seen in this video i uploaded. This 10 second video was directly pulled from the DJI GO4 app without any modifications. The Circle mode in this 10 second video only showed me the first 10 seconds of when it was recording instead of the entire process in fast forward. The original file is still recorded in the SD card. Just that it's a little troublesome if i want to instantly share quickshot videos on social media..

I see. Can you provide me the original video from your SD card? So we can further analyze your problem. BTW, what is the version of your app? What is the model of your device? Please provide me the firmware info. Did it happen frequently? Thanks for your support.
2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Paul Lee Posted at 2017-12-27 06:36

Paul, in your case, I would recommend you try to change a wide place with good GPS signal and see if it works.
2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Tango_B Posted at 2017-12-28 17:34
Tried this today on my Mavic Pro, and having the same problems.
-The DJI Go 4 App is NOT saving the clips as QuickShots, regardless of which of the 3 modes I use (dronie, rocket, spiral).
-The editor only shows the first 10 seconds of unedited footage. It's only when you go to edit the footage,  you see the video in full (again unedited and without the QuickShot features enabled)

Tango, please follow the advice in 17# and provide the relevant information. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-29
Use props
Tango_B
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2891473 ft
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-29 23:46
Tango, please follow the advice in 17# and provide the relevant information. Thanks for your support.

Hi there Elektra,

I have tried this in multiple areas now, making sure all areas are wide open spaces, with at least 16 GPS lock-ons, and no interference. It seems to be an issue with the app, not the Mavic.
2017-12-30
Use props
BostonKiwi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1201 ft
United States

I had an issue today where i could select quickshot but not get it to actually it to do the rocket mode.
2017-12-30
Use props
TerryWJS
lvl.2
Malaysia

Tango_B Posted at 2017-12-28 17:34
Tried this today on my Mavic Pro, and having the same problems.
-The editor only shows the first 10 seconds of unedited footage. It's only when you go to edit the footage,  you see the video in full (again unedited and without the QuickShot features enabled)

Been that way for more than a week since i last tested.. Can't believe such an obvious issue would take so long to fix.
2017-12-31
Use props
TerryWJS
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-29 22:46
I see. Can you provide me the original video from your SD card? So we can further analyze your problem. BTW, what is the version of your app? What is the model of your device? Please provide me the firmware info. Did it happen frequently? Thanks for your support.

Sorry i deleted that video from the SD card already as it was just for testing sake. But i did multiple tests and all resulted in the same problem.

To be honest since mavic and spark users have the issue this should be well known to DJI by now.. Why do we always need to supply all these information?

My DJI GO4 app is version 4.1.20

I am using an iPhone X

My spark is the latest version as it always checks when i connect to my phone..

It happens every single time i try to use quickshot mode.
2017-12-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

TerryWJS Posted at 2017-12-31 19:26
Sorry i deleted that video from the SD card already as it was just for testing sake. But i did multiple tests and all resulted in the same problem.

To be honest since mavic and spark users have the issue this should be well known to DJI by now.. Why do we always need to supply all these information?

Thanks for your update. The situation will be forwarded. Please wait patiently.
2018-1-4
Use props
djiuser_X5XjP9ngLyHd
New

France

On my mavic pro in the mode quickshot the speed cursor on the right does not appear. Thanks.
2019-1-5
Use props
SnoOPy37MoVal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21568 ft
United States

Hello,

Just wondering if this issue was ever resolved. I'm also experiencing the same issue were the quickshot videos are not being automatically edited as shown on DJI website.

All my quickshot videos have no fast speed panning.

Please advise if there is a solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance!
SnoOPy37MoVal
2019-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules