1168 9 2017-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Barker Flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158327 ft

Australia

Merry Christmas everybody,

I'm having issues with the DJI APP disconnecting or losing the video feed from time to time.
Sometimes I go to fly and my iPhone constantly makes the USB connect noise as it connects then disconnects many times at once.
I've tried numerous cables but it doesn't seem to be related to the cable.
I'm using an iPhone X if that makes any difference.
Today I tried using an iPad and it seemed to work ok but then got the wireless interference message and lost my video feed.
Could this be related to a firmware issue?
Is it worth installing the firmware again on the aircraft and remote?

Cheers,

Rafael..
2017-12-26
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Drones connected via an Apple device seem to be having issues.  It's happening on two of my drones and both are on separate iPads and current in iOS 11.2.1 as well as GO  4 and firmware.  I suspect the Apples are dropping the USB line at times causing this but don't know.  Apple has been messing with their devices and throttling the processor speed so who knows if this is something Apple introduced.  A year ago all worked well, but seems all these updates have broken the system somewhat.

When it happens, try unplugging the USB connector and re-plugging it back in to see if it resumes working normally.  Often that cures mine. (I've tried a half dozen Lightning cables too so that's not the fault.).
2017-12-26
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

How often do you need to plug and unplug during a flying session. It would be rather annoying and dangerous having to disconnect app mid flight.
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Barker. In this case, please ensure that the system is 11.2 and I would recommend you change a USB cable for further check. Please fly your drone without interference. Can you tell me the error message from your app?
2017-12-27
Use props
Barker Flyer
lvl.2

Australia

DTK Posted at 2017-12-26 12:00
How often do you need to plug and unplug during a flying session. It would be rather annoying and dangerous having to disconnect app mid flight.

When it happens many times (virtually makes it impossible to fly)
2017-12-28
Use props
Barker Flyer
lvl.2

Australia

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-12-26 06:55
Drones connected via an Apple device seem to be having issues.  It's happening on two of my drones and both are on separate iPads and current in iOS 11.2.1 as well as GO  4 and firmware.  I suspect the Apples are dropping the USB line at times causing this but don't know.  Apple has been messing with their devices and throttling the processor speed so who knows if this is something Apple introduced.  A year ago all worked well, but seems all these updates have broken the system somewhat.

When it happens, try unplugging the USB connector and re-plugging it back in to see if it resumes working normally.  Often that cures mine. (I've tried a half dozen Lightning cables too so that's not the fault.).

Thanks for your reply and suggestions.
I've tried unplugging the cable, trying different cables and resetting both the bird and remote to no avail.
2017-12-28
Use props
Barker Flyer
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-27 02:31
Hi, Barker. In this case, please ensure that the system is 11.2 and I would recommend you change a USB cable for further check. Please fly your drone without interference. Can you tell me the error message from your app?

Hi,
My system is the latest firmware release for the I1.
I've tried many cables which doesn't help.
Is there a way to go back to previous versions of the DJI GO App to see if that's the problem?
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Barker Flyer Posted at 2017-12-28 12:36
Hi,
My system is the latest firmware release for the I1.
I've tried many cables which doesn't help.

I would recommend you check the firmware bewteen RC and AC and see if they are the latest firmware. What is the color of the indicator of your RC? What is the message from your app?
2018-1-2
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Barker, there is something wrong with iOS 11.2.1.  People in the Apple forums are having issues connecting to their cars audio system with their cable using the CarPlay app as well.  If they unplug and re-plug it may hook up and work again in the car.

On my P4 I have the C1 button on the RC set as the camera up-down trigger.  When mine acts up, the camera will not respond to me pressing C1 button.  If I unplug and re-plug while everything is on, it will eventually connect and start working again (Sounds just like the issues with the CarPlay app, huh?).  Other things that happen is GO 4 will fail to memorize any settings you change and some item in the About screen will shows as N/A and the lower part for the RC may show Unknown or be blank.

DJI should be talking to Apple on this disconnection via the USB as it occurs with other apps as well that utilize the Lightning port.
2018-1-2
Use props
Barker Flyer
lvl.2

Australia

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-1-2 07:54
Barker, there is something wrong with iOS 11.2.1.  People in the Apple forums are having issues connecting to their cars audio system with their cable using the CarPlay app as well.  If they unplug and re-plug it may hook up and work again in the car.

On my P4 I have the C1 button on the RC set as the camera up-down trigger.  When mine acts up, the camera will not respond to me pressing C1 button.  If I unplug and re-plug while everything is on, it will eventually connect and start working again (Sounds just like the issues with the CarPlay app, huh?).  Other things that happen is GO 4 will fail to memorize any settings you change and some item in the About screen will shows as N/A and the lower part for the RC may show Unknown or be blank.

Sorry just read your reply.
Thanks for the info.

;-)
2018-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules