5352 16 2017-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_LPMYciw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17162 ft
United States

Hi Guys,

I already saw 2 old threads about this subject without being resolved so here we go...

I bought a used Phantom 3 Standard from a friend, basically brand new in mint condition. When i first got it i downloaded the DJI GO app and registered...

After a few flights i noticed that the flight logs are being saved and you can see them by clicking in the paper plane icon (top left of the app)...

Everything fine so far but when i scroll to the left it shows my same flight i formation BUT with the username of my friend...

How can this be? how did the app know that there was another user before me? does the serial number of the Drone gets saved on a server or something?

The point here is that i dont want that user to show in my app, how can i delete it? I already tried deleting all flights but it appears again...

1.jpg
2.jpg
2017-12-26
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

I do not believe you can delete the original name tied to the phantom.
2017-12-26
Use props
MaxBDS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 161437 ft
Italy

good question, Please DJI Susan can answer.
2017-12-27
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

If you wish to delete flight logs then simply go to flight logs bring up the list of all logs now find the one you wish to delete slide that particular log to the left you will see the bin icon to delete that particular log
2017-12-27
Use props
dayviduk
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I think its more to do with Deleting the previous owner than just the logs ,

I have the exact same issue as i bought my P3A secondhand  ,although it effects nothing that i can see so not overly bothered about it   
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, it is because that you haven't changed the name of the drone. You can change the name by this route: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general---device name. Once you changed it, the name on the record will also be changed. No worries.
2017-12-27
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Don't you need to use the iOS version of the GO app in order to change the drone's nickname in the flight record?
My refurbished P3S was shipped as a warranty relacement from the LA repair center with another nickname. The flight record entries were blank but still can be used.
At that time I was using an Android device. When I questioned DJI  support about this, I was told that I would need to borrow an iOS device in order to replace the nickname.
2017-12-27
Use props
djiuser_LPMYciw
lvl.2
Mexico

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-27 06:00
Hi, it is because that you haven't changed the name of the drone. You can change the name by this route: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general---device name. Once you changed it, the name on the record will also be changed. No worries.

Doesnt work at least on Android there no option to change Drones name anymore, i watched a video that you could change that in the DGI GO app but it was in 2015 or something...
2017-12-27
Use props
djiuser_LPMYciw
lvl.2
Mexico

dayviduk Posted at 2017-12-27 03:34
I think its more to do with Deleting the previous owner than just the logs ,

I have the exact same issue as i bought my P3A secondhand  ,although it effects nothing that i can see so not overly bothered about it

yeah it affects nothing but its kind of annoying seeing somebody else name every time you take a look at the logs... it even has a profile pic of a phantom 3 and i dont LOL make me mad...
2017-12-27
Use props
djiuser_LPMYciw
lvl.2
Mexico

Betamace Posted at 2017-12-27 06:55
Don't you need to use the iOS version of the GO app in order to change the drone's nickname in the flight record?
My refurbished P3S was shipped as a warranty relacement from the LA repair center with another nickname. The flight record entries were blank but still can be used.
At that time I was using an Android device. When I questioned DJI  support about this, I was told that I would need to borrow an iOS device in order to replace the nickname.

Maybe i´ll have to do that but we all use android in my family...
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_LPMYciw Posted at 2017-12-27 19:12
Doesnt work at least on Android there no option to change Drones name anymore, i watched a video that you could change that in the DGI GO app but it was in 2015 or something...

Is it possible that you can borrow an iOS device just to change the name? I will also forward this requirement to our engineers to add this option.
2017-12-29
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can change the name in the latest android version
2017-12-29
Use props
djiuser_LPMYciw
lvl.2
United States

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-29 02:51
You can change the name in the latest android version

I already have the latest android version and i cant find the damns option LOL!
2017-12-29
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive put it away now but keep looking, deffo there......
2017-12-29
Use props
adfp_88
lvl.1

Hong Kong

We will add this feature in the future version.
2018-1-16
Use props
fansc06c557d
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-27 06:00
Hi, it is because that you haven't changed the name of the drone. You can change the name by this route: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general---device name. Once you changed it, the name on the record will also be changed. No worries.

I have the same problem. Have repeatedly changed the aircraft name and yet nothing. Still remains the original owners name.  
2022-5-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansc06c557d Posted at 5-23 03:24
I have the same problem. Have repeatedly changed the aircraft name and yet nothing. Still remains the original owners name.

Thanks for reaching us. Is it possible that you can use an iOS device to change the name?
2022-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules