Enabling Max Distance
9666 9 2017-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phantompilot01
lvl.2

United States

So I turned the "enable max distance" to on and green but above it is the max distance limit....do I just leave that number at 0 with the enable max distance on?  I have it at 500 now but have been having issues with it returning home after briefly being in the sky due to "interference", weak signal, or signal lost warnings so very frustrating.  Any assistance would be appreciated.
2017-12-26
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Enable max distance is just a setting so you can restrict how far the drone will fly before stopping, this has no bearing on your other issues.
2017-12-26
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Simple answer ..... DISABLE max distance.

Nigel
2017-12-26
Use props
phantompilot01
lvl.2

United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-12-26 09:53
Simple answer ..... DISABLE max distance.

Nigel

thank you Nigel, what do you have the limit set at?  It came standard with 30m
2017-12-26
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Some DJI actions are not shall we say intuitive...
As noted "enabling" "max distance" does not mean you are actually enabling the max distance of your uav.  In fact it is the opposite, by enabling max distance you are setting the max distance you will let the bird fly to.  By not setting it you will fly as far as the drone, battery, and signal will allow which may or may not be as far as you'd prefer or that you are permitted to do by law/regulation.
2017-12-26
Use props
phantompilot01
lvl.2

United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-12-26 10:30
Some DJI actions are not shall we say intuitive...
As noted "enabling" "max distance" does not mean you are actually enabling the max distance of your uav.  In fact it is the opposite, by enabling max distance you are setting the max distance you will let the bird fly to.  By not setting it you will fly as far as the drone, battery, and signal will allow which may or may not be as far as you'd prefer or that you are permitted to do by law/regulation.

thanks! so the setting above that seems to be set automatically at 30m; should I change it to 0 or 500?
2017-12-26
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

phantompilot01 Posted at 2017-12-26 10:59
thanks! so the setting above that seems to be set automatically at 30m; should I change it to 0 or 500?

Well I can't tell you what you should set it too, that is completely your call
However, I will tell you that I have never set mine so it currently sits at zero and it is off, thus allowing the max distance the bird will do under its current circumstance and constraints.
Keep in mind in the states per FAA requirements you are to keep the bird in Visual Line of Sight at all times.
If you are brand new to this and have limited experience with these craft then I do recommend you fly in beginner mode for a while until you get more proficient and comfortable.  Beginner mode limits nearly all aspects of your crafts capability and allows you to learn it without it running off or beyond your abilities.
2017-12-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Max distance setting you are asking about allows you to set a Max Distance Limt.
If you don't want a limit, leave it disabled
2017-12-26
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

How long do you use this Phantom to now? First if you activate the RC/AC system the app will have the beginner mode....and the multiple flight modes are disabled and the max distance is shadowed.
The message you get from the app is for your birds security and safety. If you want that the bird flies further than these 500 meters then disable that option.
If your bird flies on a low altitude then the range will not so big as announced in manual CE =500m FCC=1000 -1200 meters. But on that distance of 400 500 meters do you see what the bird is doing???
2017-12-26
Use props
Kuya Kano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 797913 ft
Philippines

Max distance isn't relative to the interference issue.  In any setting, the further away you go, the more likely interference will increase.  I'm in Manila Philippines right now and with all the interference in this city, even directly above me I get interference warnings.  But if I go out into the country, the interference is much less, and I can fly closer towards "max distance" without any problems.
2017-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules