3204 4 2017-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gixr.thou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13025 ft
Australia

This seems a little unfair.

Looking for suggestions of somewhere with beautiful scenery to take some aerial photography that ISN’T Parks Victoria?

(For those outside of Victoria, Parks Victoria do NOT allow drone flying over lands managed by Parks Victoria. Unless it’s commercial, permitted, and the pilot is certified)

After checking Parks Vic app and website it would appear that my backyard is one of few places that aren’t managed by Parks Vic.

Has anybody been able to get permission to fly in some of the less tourist popular lands?

There are two places (Mountain Bike tracks) inside Parks Vic managed land where I would love to film some scenery and mountain biking. The sad thing is that the when I have ridden in these places over the last year I’ve literally only seen three other riders in 12 months of riding.

It’s a little bit ridiculous how much land is managed by Parks Vic. Should we petition Parks Vic or Gov to ease some of the restrictions or at least create a permission process for less used lands?

Cheers
2017-12-26
Use props
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

Parks Vic can prevent you from taking off and landing from their land. I take off and land outside a park near me as CASA control the airspace, Parks Vic only control the dirt * Hex *
2018-2-15
Use props
AgentHambo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118776 ft
Australia

Hexacopter Posted at 2018-2-15 15:19
Parks Vic can prevent you from taking off and landing from their land. I take off and land outside a park near me as CASA control the airspace, Parks Vic only control the dirt * Hex *

Well this is timely. I just bought a Spark yesterday and wanted to fly in a park nearby. Turns out it's PV managed. After reading their page regarding drone use, it doesn't mention the airspace over the land, only regulations that they don't link to.

So I would be correct to assume if I took off from land that isn't PV managed, followed the drone into the park, then back out again, while following all the rules CASA sets out, and land again outside, I would be fine?
2018-2-16
Use props
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

Work it out for yourself matey.

Like I said, PV control the dirt CASA claim that all airspace above the dirt is theirs (hence the drone flying rules) so unless you are in a NFZ how can PV object as long as you follow the CASA rules about 30m separation and you don't take off or land on PV land?

Just observe safe practices... eg; Don't fly on a Total Fire Ban day as waterbombers and CFA air assets are probably flying nearby. At a recent grassfire nearby the CFA deployed a drone with a thermal camera to check for hotspots . Best to keep well clear. Lol I might want to join the CFA and play with their new toys as part of my community service.

I am not a lawyer btw so all advice is just my personal opinion

* hex *
2018-2-16
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi,

Thanks for this post!
It would be nice if the Can I fly there? app had this information integrated considering it was commissioned by CASA.
2018-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules