Is it a sign of things to come?
2015-4-18
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In the US it looks so.  I'm glad I live in the UK where we have a little ( emphasis on little ) common sense and don't just ban things on a whim.. The CAA here thankfully are using their powers where its needed only dealing with some idiots that fly in crazy places.

DJI will soon find it easier to release US specific firmware's updating the Phantom on where it CAN fly not where it cant, it will be quicker

Oh and love the pun "Is it a SIGN of things to come?"
2015-4-18
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

sploodge@sky.co Posted at 2015-4-19 15:53
In the US it looks so.  I'm glad I live in the UK where we have a little ( emphasis on little ) comm ...

I think with nobody around - that sign might get blown over into the ditch.
2015-4-19
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

But they're not drones they're quads
2015-4-19
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Post deleted.

Your comments are incredibly inappropriate and not called for or useful in anyway on a public forum. Given your Avatar name I would be suspect you have no good intentions with whatever you are flying or flying in as I suspect you are probably already on or about to be put on a "no fly list"!
2015-4-19
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-19 22:21
Your comments are incredibly inappropriate and not called for or useful in anyway on a public foru ...

North, The post times, are they China time? I wanted to make a report to FBI.
2015-4-19
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

oakspi Posted at 2015-4-20 00:11
North, The post times, are they China time? I wanted to make a report to FBI.

Yes,
China time..
2015-4-19
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

Wow, It appears that we had a visit from an ISIS member or likely a want-to-be, based on the user name and language used.  Must be educated based on the good use of the English language.
2015-4-19
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

North, What is your impression?  Would he likely be a want-to-be?
2015-4-19
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

Post deleted

Hey, what is with the comment you make? Are you really serious about your statements?
2015-4-19
Use props
miketwowheels
lvl.1

Canada

A city close to me recently banned them from public parks. Although, comments on the FB post seem to indicate that the park board has no authority over the airspace so this may be tough to enforce.

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/ ... olled-planes-parks/
2015-4-19
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

miketwowheels@g Posted at 2015-4-20 00:41
A city close to me recently banned them from public parks. Although, comments on the FB post seem to ...

Mike, I have always heard that we own the airspace over our land.  I guess that gives us some expectation of privacy at the lower altitudes. I'm not talking about passenger jets flying over.
2015-4-19
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I read something interesting recently about how the park laws may be enforced. It could be that the parks have legal control over what you do in the parks but not the air space over the parks. That means that they can tell you not to take off or land in park but if your drone happens to fly over one a couple of hundred feet in the air there is nothing they can legally do (they can always ticket you if they can find you but it may not stand up in court). The reason is that the FAA controls the airspace over parks not the park service and the FAA allows amature use of drones except in restricted areas.

I find all this fascinating but have no plans to make use of it myself. I figure that as long as I can fly over BLM land and National Forest land I am happy. Others can fight the powers that be. BTW,  I had never seen a picture of a "No Drone" sign previously on the web so it was a total surprise to run into one myself. I guess enough people from Las Vegas had flown in this state park that the rangers were tired of telling people to stop. I think that the park service is mostly concerned about drones spoiling the pristine vistas and silence of their parks which I appreciate. That's why I want parks to have "drone days" in which drones are welcome except in areas with sensitive wildlife. That way everyone is happy. I think this will happen some day when there are tens of millions of smart personal drones in use. I expect drones to replace DSLR cameras for taking pictures and videos.

One other major benefit of hand catching: You can launch and recover your drone from more places. Yesterday I wanted to fly over a large boulder field near where I live. The only good place to fly the drone from overlooked a large valley but there was no clear ground. I was able to take off from the top of a boulder and then hand catch it at the end of the flight. It would have been impossible to find a flat spot that would have let me land the drone on the ground safely.

2015-4-19
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

The next sign to be added to that sign post will be "No Fun"!!!
2015-4-19
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

jonnied2010 Posted at 2015-4-20 03:34
The next sign to be added to that sign post will be "No Fun"!!!

Lets not forget the No super sized sodas, ok yes that didnt pass...but the New York mayor tried to ban that.   America is in the habbit of punishing the majority for the actions of a few.
2015-4-19
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

ps no collecting rain water.....Lets not forget that one lol.
2015-4-19
Use props
silverxrider.me
lvl.2

United States

grangerFX, interesting you should say that about hand catching. I pretty much always hand catch (and launch when needed) it just seems safer to me as far as the quad skid catching on something and flipping over, and as you noted there is not always a saft place to set her down.
2015-4-19
Use props
birdfolk5555
lvl.3

United States

Maybe they're worried about drone batteries malfunctioning in the desert heat and starting a wildfire upon crashing.
Or maybe they're just jerks. lol
2015-4-19
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
United States

silverxrider.me Posted at 2015-4-20 05:35
grangerFX, interesting you should say that about hand catching. I pretty much always hand catch (and ...

The real question is how the heck did I manage to add that paragraph to the wrong post? I wanted to add that to another post but I must have clicked blindly. Sorry for being way off topic. Of course now you commented on it I can't edit it without making your post look strange. Sigh.
2015-4-19
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

Have you experienced the American life? Or English life?  You seem to have a very good grasp of the English language.  What country do you live in? Perhaps that is where your beliefs are coming from.  When you say "you guys" are you referring to Brits or Americans?
2015-4-20
Use props
imwhitey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1921493 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drones have been banned from U.S. National Parks since June of last year: http://home.nps.gov/news/release.htm?id=1601
2015-4-20
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
United States

imwhitey Posted at 2015-4-21 00:14
Drones have been banned from U.S. National Parks since June of last year: http://home.nps.gov/news/r ...

California State Parks quietly adopted the same policy as the US National Parks. This is just about control and laziness by park administrators. When in doubt, ban it. Let's see what they do when millions of citizens like to have smart follow me cams flying above their heads taking 360 degree spherical videos. If you really want to fly drones in more places, first encourage manufactures like DJI to make them smaller and safer. Right now there is no independent engineering airworthiness review of drones so manufacturers in China can build junk drones that fall out of the sky and hurt the entire industry.
2015-4-20
Use props
TedN
lvl.1

United States

oakspi Posted at 2015-4-20 23:51
Have you experienced the American life? Or English life?  You seem to have a very good grasp of the  ...

Does it really matter what this smallminded turd thinks?  He has a grasp of nothing.  Haters gonna hate, but more importantly, losers gonna lose.  

The garbage bin of history is littered with tiny minds and ideologies like his, and he will join them in time, as will ISIS.  

2015-4-20
Use props
TedN
lvl.1

United States

GunZenBomZ Posted at 2015-4-19 20:31
haha

Americunt-government fear drones inside its country. But kill women, children & many innocent  ...

You have people wondering if you belong to a terrorist group or something.  

But I think I know better.  The "ha ha" was a good clue.   And if you don't stop using naughty language on the internet, someone's going to tell Mommy and Daddy about it, and they're going to kick you out of their basement and you'll have to get that job you've been dreading at McDonalds.

Get a life.

2015-4-20
Use props
klintb
lvl.1

United States

GunZenBomZ Posted at 2015-4-22 23:49
Only the really dim would eat McDeath; my mother & father have been passed on a fair while. Doesn' ...

Wow it takes some serious effort to get that much crazy into just one post.   Congrats!
2015-4-22
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Only the really dim would eat McDeath; my mother & father have been passed on a fair while. Doesn' ...

Well, not so much offended as bored with the same unimaginative yada, yada.  The SPAM was more of an irritation.
2015-4-22
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

Hey Gunz,  Your use of words put you over in England.  I was wondering where you were living.  Based on some of your beliefs I would have guessed the middle east.
2015-4-23
Use props
GunZenBomZ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

oakspi Posted at 2015-4-24 11:54
Hey Gunz,  Your use of words put you over in England.  I was wondering where you were living.  Bas ...

Oh people stipulate (you might need to google my use  of large words) my beliefs as you are so intimately sure of who i am. Please go ahead & rally off some or all of the things i believe in.
2015-4-26
Use props
I. P. Freely
lvl.4

United States

No, You have me a little confused.  I have seen some of your posts in the Phantom 3 forum.  Nice, low toned and civil.  I recall you were going off on the USA recently in the forum at a different time, in conflict to the other posts. That is what confuses me. It was the word whilst, or whatever that clued me.  Hopefully I spelled it right.  Oh, by the way, I changed my screen name.  An indication of mindset is your screen name!
2015-4-26
Use props
I. P. Freely
lvl.4

United States

GunZenBomZ Posted at 2015-4-27 00:13
Oh people stipulate (you might need to google my use  of large words) my beliefs as you are so int ...

So, one of my questions would be: Are you related to law enforcement or military?  That is one possibility to your screen name association regarding guns and bombs. And another might be from a person with extremely anti-American thoughts and urges.  I would think that someone with an English association in printed communications would not be so Anti-American. The third possibility, well we don't need to go there, or do we?
2015-4-26
Use props
I. P. Freely
lvl.4

United States

I. P. Freely Posted at 2015-4-27 00:26
No, You have me a little confused.  I have seen some of your posts in the Phantom 3 forum.  Nice, lo ...

Oh, and there was that indication of residency in the Warwickshire area.
2015-4-26
Use props
GunZenBomZ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hey look whats happening inside usa_naziland!

Drone Operator Tased by Ranger at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=eb9_1430304761
2015-4-29
Use props
icopeland10
lvl.1

United States

GunZenBomZ Posted at 2015-4-29 21:17
Hey look whats happening inside usa_naziland!

Drone Operator Tased by Ranger at Hawaii Volcanoes Na ...

Why does anyone entertain clowns like this? Leave this simpleton to ponder his/her own ignorance alone...forever
2015-4-29
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
United States

It turns out that you are allowed to fly your drone over most national parks in the USA as long as you do not take off from, land on or operate your drone from national park land. The reason is that the National Park Service does not control any airspace. That is controlled by the FAA. There are permanent flight restrictions over certain areas such as parts of the Grand Canyon but that affects all aircraft not just drones.

As proof I offer the following link but there are many similar references on the National Park Service web site:
http://www.nps.gov/bibe/learn/news/2014_regunmannedaircraft.htm

"This new prohibition applies only to lands administered by the National Park Service and does not apply to unmanned aircraft that is launched, landed or operated outside the park boundary."

This raises all kinds of interesting possibilities depending on the range of your drone. Many national parks in the west are surrounded by BLM land on which there are no flight restrictions. I will leave it up to others to test the law but the information is worth knowing just in case you find yourself confronted by an angry taser wielding park ranger and you are not on national park land.
2015-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules