No more split video files?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Hey all, so I went flying this afternoon...flew 3 batteries worth went home to check out the video and there was only 3 videos. I got worried because when i fly 3 full batteries normaly each battery gets split into 2 videos, so I would normally have 6 videos. I was very excited to see each of my videos were 17-20 minutes long (depending on how long i flew it). So my question is, was this a fluke or have they updated the firmware to do that?
2017-12-26
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Sd cards formatted as FAT32 have a file size limit of 4gb, cards formatted as ExFAT have a larger limit.
2017-12-26
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

AlanHd Posted at 2017-12-26 19:52
Sd cards formatted as FAT32 have a file size limit of 4gb, cards formatted as ExFAT have a larger limit.

Either I accidently changed some setting like bit rate (is that even possible?) or something has changed...When I fly 99% of the time I fly using an MP4 at 1920x1080 at 30 fps, Up until today a 17 minute video would be larger than 4gb and take up 2 files on my SD card, but today all 3 flights 17-20 min flights and they were all under 4gb and the whole recording  of the flight was one file. The only difference that I can think of off hand is that I recently got Litchi and have been using that quite frequently, but until today all my flights with litchi had been short ones. Does Litchi perhaps have different bit rate or whatever compared  to GO4  App?
2017-12-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-12-27 00:48
Either I accidently changed some setting like bit rate (is that even possible?) or something has changed...When I fly 99% of the time I fly using an MP4 at 1920x1080 at 30 fps, Up until today a 17 minute video would be larger than 4gb and take up 2 files on my SD card, but today all 3 flights 17-20 min flights and they were all under 4gb and the whole recording  of the flight was one file. The only difference that I can think of off hand is that I recently got Litchi and have been using that quite frequently, but until today all my flights with litchi had been short ones. Does Litchi perhaps have different bit rate or whatever compared  to GO4  App?

Litchi does not have any influence over the recording of video files. I suspect you have altered one of the video parameters that result in a smaller file size. You could perhaps upload one of the files to Dropbox and we could have a look at it.
2017-12-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlanHd Posted at 2017-12-26 19:52

In theory yes, in practice no, DJI still stick to the 4.3 GB file limit of FAT32. Ex FAT being used to format SD cards above 32GB capacity.
2017-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules