Mavic and goggles
945 4 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbdc56171
lvl.1
Flight distance : 683678 ft
Italy

Hello, i'm a Mavic owner from one year, now having fun with goggles but i found a big trouble.
When i switch in hd mode the goggles working fine but i got the app lost signal and disconnected, in 720p sometimes the app reboot but generally working fine when flying with someone else. All is upgraded to last version. i run on android device

Thanks for help
2017-12-27
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

if the app is losing signal might be that you are losing proper connection to the drone - this can happen if the anntennaes are not properly facing the drone which is some times because the pilot has moved body position and rc position relative to the drone. If signal loss happen then climb altitude as a first step - next step is to reposition your body that you are facing your drone - ensure the antennae are facing flat to the drone and that the drone is not above the annetanae tps where signal is weekest. when using the goggles you might be relaxing your arms causing the rc to be in a horizontal or downward position - this movement affects the antennaes position relative to the drone, ie whilst you might be facing your drone the rc anntena might not be flat facing your drone - i hope you can understand what i am trying to explain - good luck , hope you come right
2018-2-1
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

I started flying a Mavic last August. After discovering how critical it was to use the right device to fly. I realized as I look back, how I began to hate the updates and struggled to overcome each one to get back to stable flying. Losing reliability, losing consistantcy with video connections keeping the tensions high each time I flew.  
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, so sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Have you tried another mobile device and another position (an open area where the GPS is good and no magnetic interference)? Thank you for your support.
2018-3-23
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneDriver Posted at 2018-3-23 01:33
I started flying a Mavic last August. After discovering how critical it was to use the right device to fly. I realized as I look back, how I began to hate the updates and struggled to overcome each one to get back to stable flying. Losing reliability, losing consistantcy with video connections keeping the tensions high each time I flew.

Even while I was always chasing updates, somehow I still wanted to believe that I would overcome the ongoing struggle to keep the bird flying, SAFELY. Safely was NOT worrying about loosing  connections or  loosing control.  Loosing ground, each time I tried to fly after an update, sucked.

Bottom line: I really resent becoming a TESTER for DJI,

I bought DJI Goggles in November and the TESTING continued. Several updates later leading into January 2018 and the goggles were near useless. A real pain in the ass. Blurring, dropping frames and unpredictable disconnecting.

I was loosing the war fighting a battle with updates that could do all those wonderful TRICK photography BS.

I would have loved to have all those horse crap updates tested on other lab rats' aircraft and presented as an option to me, if I am in the mood to put up with yet another testing session for DJI.

Fast forward>  Determined to fly the Mavic and not sell it to get a drone that was not software defined.

I am happily at August 2017  software versions for Mavic and goggles. No panos and whoopty bull. Just smooth, clear, reliable flying that I can count on using the device of MY choice to fly with.

NO SURPRISES

And to think they chose to lock us out of software that works...
2018-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules