1063 4 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skippy1331
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2213077 ft
Australia

Hello,

I am writing here as to ask and hopefully obtain information from others about the life span of their batteries.
No I am not talking about the time the battery lasts shoot flying. I'm talking about the oval lifespan of the battery and it's capacity.

I know lipos and Li ion batteries have a life span and deplete quickly if they are drained fully and then charged or even over charged.

Now I brought the fly more combo for the spark and it's two batteries are sitting around the 1380mah after being owned for nearly 4 months.

I brought two more from the only Aussie official DJI store here around 2 months ago and they're max capacity has already dropped to below 1250mah.

I have never fully discharged these batteries as the spark has always self landed at 20% for me, Due to settings I use.
To charge the battles I have used that charging dock I got within the fly more pack.

In my view I see it as the two newest batteries I own are not up to standard. As a nearly 20% capacity reduction already after 2 months is very bad.

2017-12-27
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

There is an information of the number of charging cycle the battery has gone through via the app. Also I am not sure if the 6 months warranty  and 200 number of charging cycle applies globally. But you should make a claim if it is within the warranty terms.
2017-12-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Maybe this information helps: https://forum.dji.com/thread-119452-1-1.html
2017-12-27
Use props
skippy1331
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2213077 ft
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-27 04:55
Maybe this information helps: https://forum.dji.com/thread-119452-1-1.html

Hi mate, Nope that doesn't help as the batteries have only been charged/cycled 5 times so far.

so definitely after 5 charges to drop 200mah is a bit poor.

but thanks though.
2017-12-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

skippy1331 Posted at 2017-12-27 14:20
Hi mate, Nope that doesn't help as the batteries have only been charged/cycled 5 times so far.

so definitely after 5 charges to drop 200mah is a bit poor.

From what I have been told, LiPo batteries need well more than 5 charging cycles to reach their full capacity. Do you have a reference measurement from day one showing that yours are already going down after 5 charging cycles? If yes, you have an issue indeed and good reason to return them. But if now was your first measurement only, you might consider waiting for more charging cycles to see the further development.
2017-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules