what went wrong
860 5 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Beesleyboy 5
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Guys
I have just come back from a working holiday in Miami Floreda, where I took my Mavic to film my advenchers.
Just before I wen't, I had a new upgrad with the app and on the Mavic, this was disastrous, for the first time ever, the app keeps crashing and the mavic kept misbehaving, this was worst on my Ipad, but still wasn't perfect with my android phone, the camera gimbal was moving of center and then the app would crash and I would need to reboot in mid flight, this isn't ideal when I was flying above water I managed to get some great footage, but It really spoilt my once in a lifetime opportunity and I lost all confidence in my flying.
Has anyone else had this experience, or is there something wrong with my Mavic.
thanks G
2017-12-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ensure your IOS device is on the latest IOS Firmware from Apple i.e 11.2.1 - if it's not then delete the app, upgrade the device to 11.2 then reinstall the app and this will stop the app crashes if you are also on the latest GO 4 app version .20. If you are already on IOS 11.2 or 11.2.1 then you will need to contact DJI support or try another device. This info is for IOS only though - I personally don't use android so can't answer that one.
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For the crash issue, may I know the specific model of your iPad and Android device? Please try to update your iPad to the latest operating firmware, and then remove the app and install it again. Please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pictures and videos before your reinstallation. Check if it will happen again. And if the app also crashes on your Android device, please also do a reinstallation.
And for the gimbal, you mean it will and only will move when the app crashes, right? If so, please try the steps above and see if it will be recovered. You can also do a gimbal calibration for the drone.
Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
2017-12-27
Use props
Beesleyboy 5
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-27 23:34
For the crash issue, may I know the specific model of your iPad and Android device? Please try to update your iPad to the latest operating firmware, and then remove the app and install it again. Please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pictures and videos before your reinstallation. Check if it will happen again. And if the app also crashes on your Android device, please also do a reinstallation.
And for the gimbal, you mean it will and only will move when the app crashes, right? If so, please try the steps above and see if it will be recovered. You can also do a gimbal calibration for the drone.

thanks guys
I have just turned on my Ipad mini 4 and it is saying there is an update to ios 11.2.1, so I will give that a go and see if that works, then I will reinstall the GO 4 app. I have the DJI Goggles, but they were just to much to take with me on the plane, so I was relying on the tablet. fingers crossed, this will work.
G
2017-12-29
Use props
Beesleyboy 5
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-27 23:34
For the crash issue, may I know the specific model of your iPad and Android device? Please try to update your iPad to the latest operating firmware, and then remove the app and install it again. Please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pictures and videos before your reinstallation. Check if it will happen again. And if the app also crashes on your Android device, please also do a reinstallation.
And for the gimbal, you mean it will and only will move when the app crashes, right? If so, please try the steps above and see if it will be recovered. You can also do a gimbal calibration for the drone.

thanks for getting back to me, its an Ipad mini 4 and im just doing an upgrade to iso 11.2.1 now.
I will need to what to some decent weather here in the UK, so I can run some tests, wind and rain hear, will let you know,.
thanks G
2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Beesleyboy 5 Posted at 2017-12-29 15:43
thanks for getting back to me, its an Ipad mini 4 and im just doing an upgrade to iso 11.2.1 now.
I will need to what to some decent weather here in the UK, so I can run some tests, wind and rain hear, will let you know,.
thanks G

G, sorry for the late update due to the days off. And I am looking forward to your reply.
2018-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules