Newbie question
1149 5 2014-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jason
lvl.1

Canada

I just purchased the Phantom 2 with the H3-3D gimbal. I have the Phantom Scout Dual Upgrade. What do I need to make a wifi connection to my iphone so I can set waypoints. My screen now gives me all the info I need but I can't seem to get a wifi connection with my phone so I am thinking I might need another add on.This is my setup that I bought.
http://www.vistek.ca/store/27467 ... ndle-xbdjip2-c.aspx
Thanks

2014-10-24
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

There is no Wi-Fi link to your phone in the system described above.
The Vision app will only work with the Vision Phantom's
If you want waypoints you will have to buy the PC / iPad Ground Station hardware.

Would probably have been cheaper just to buy a Vision + in the first place...

2014-10-24
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

You can't connect with wifi on that version but if you want waypoints, you'll need to get a DJI Lightbridge.
The Vision+ has advantages of waypoints and phone/tablet ability but suffers in control range and video quality compared to your Phantom 2.

Depends on what you value most. I decided I could always upgrade to Lightbridge on the Phantom 2 later (if I need it) but can't upgrade the camera/gimbal with the Vision2+ so I went with the P2.

Lightbridge is a bit expensive but if it's what you need, Lightbridge is the way to go.

Edit: I misread OP, the Lightbridge solution is ONLY for long range FPV and NOT waypoints. You would need a Groundstation (as john said below) - which I don't believe works for the Phantom 2 Non-Vision.
2014-10-25
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Cloud9, are you sure Lightbridge has the waypoints he wants ?
I thought it was more of a FPV system, that the OP already has fitted.
For waypoints you need the Ground Station hardware.
2014-10-25
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-25 16:21
Cloud9, are you sure Lightbridge has the waypoints he wants ?
I thought it was more of a FPV system, ...

John you're right, I misread thanks for the correction!
2014-10-25
Use props
jason
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks a lot guys. Im a videographer so video flexibility was my primary goal. When i saw the waypoints online I was impressed but its still secondary to video flexibility. I appreciate you all taking the time to fill me in.  
2014-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules