surfek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20072 ft
Poland

Hi,

I had the following settings
- RTH at current altitude set to OFF
- Return-to-home Altitude:30m
and during flight yesterday, 200m from HOME while goind down (wanted to land), my spark decided to return home due to low battery.
Unfortunately it did not go up to 30m, but maintained altitude and on 20m turned towards home and rushed just into the forrest...

Why it did not go up to 30m???

Best regards,

Michal

2017-12-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Hi Michal, can you describe your incident in a bit more detail? In the beginning you say "while goind down (wanted to land)" but later you say that it was still at 20 meters altitude when it "rushed" into the forest. May I ask how high you believe the trees in that forest to be? If you wish so, the easiest would be to upload your flightrecord here http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and share the link with us. This will probably allow to tell you more.
2017-12-27
Use props
surfek
lvl.1
Poland

Hi,

sorry, please find below more precise description what happened:
- I had - RTH at current altitude set to OFF and  Return-to-home Altitude set to 30m
- during the flight, 200m away from HOME position, on 31m altitude and with 20% of battery left, Spark reported low battery waring "The remaining battery is only enough for RTH. Return home now."
- I wanted to land (my fault ;), and started decreasing altitude. I managed to decrease it to 20m, and then Spark reported "Low power. Returning home." (still 20% batteries left), turned towards home position and started moving towards home. In the result it hit trees  and felt down...

link to the log (csv) below (I deleted GPS coordinates data)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f89ke9 ... 2017-12-26.csv?dl=0
2017-12-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Ok, this is quite clear then. You report yourself that Spark initiated RTH because of low battery when it was at 31 meters, thus it did not have to rise. And it was you who afterwards descended it to 20 meters, thus your flight decision.
2017-12-28
Use props
surfek
lvl.1
Poland

- 12m12s it displayed warning "The remaining battery is only enough for RTH. Return home now" but did nothing - still remained at its position.
- I started decreasing its altitude. Managed to decrease it to 20m
- 12m21s it displayed "Low power. Returning home." and then initiated RTH procedure (already  at 20m)

Question when spark started RTH procedure?
on 12m12s or 12m21s ?

2017-12-28
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

-Question when spark started RTH procedure?-

When it is telling you, that it will start in 10 sec, in case you dont cancel it!
Meaning it will do after 10 sec.
but probably with the Data from the time of the message
Pilot error, is Sparky still alive?

Anyway, the Auto RTH b/c of battery leaves you always the option, to be home even quicker, as the auto RTH would fly:
Sport is quicker, it is not slowing down for the last 100m, it is not flighing in squares
And you have control but not a  device in your hand, which is  annoyingly beeping
2017-12-28
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

From other threads I see that it can't manually descend while doing RTH.
So how was it done?
2017-12-28
Use props
surfek
lvl.1
Poland

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-28 03:11
-Question when spark started RTH procedure?-

When it is telling you, that it will start in 10 sec, in case you dont cancel it!

I believe this is always the pilot error (sometimes the error is the decision to take off ;)
Yes - spark is alive, only propellers got destroyed

How I was supposed to cancel RTH? I got no prompt on dji go 4 app...

2017-12-28
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Lots of subtle sequences with spark. Most is detailed in manual. You could fly in beginner mode or keep it really close until you're happy with all the permutations.
2017-12-28
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

There is a button on the RC to interupt the RTH
And during the 10.secs when the warning is on the display, there should be a cancel / ok  in the frame.
2017-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules