mavic pro: Motor idling or Propeller Loose or Missing
1984 4 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans537c301b
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,

I got a mavic replacement from DJI support after a warranty incident with the gimbal. But now with the ?new? mavic pro I got always the same warning message at lift off:
"Motor Idling: (Propeller Loose or Missing)"

The mavic is flying quite stable, but the warning message is still present. So I don't want to fly the mavic anymore. I have recalibrated the IMU but without success.

Has someone else the same problem and maybe a solution too?

Greetings,
Heiko
2017-12-27
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Don't have these kind of problems. Don't think its smart to go out and fly with these kind of messages. You probably have to send your drone in for check/repair.
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Heiko, please check if the firmware of the drone is up to date. If the message keeps showing up when the propellers are mounting properly, you might need to send it back, sorry for the inconvenience. Here is the link to apply the online repair: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
And for the IMU calibration, you said that the calibration failed, right? Was there an error message in the app? Try to restart the drone and calibrate again.
2017-12-27
Use props
fans537c301b
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,

the firmware of my current mavic is up to date.  The calibration of the IMU was successful and I was doing the compass calibration, too. Everything without errors. But the warning message at lift off doesn't disappeared after all.  

And yes of course I will not flying anymore with this strange error. Because I think will loose my warrenty if something (other?) went wrong. DJI could then say I was ignoring an important messages or so. I was hoping it is just a software error which can be fixed by an upgrade/downgrade or something else.

So I will contact the dji support now. Hopefully get a testet replacement next time.

Heiko
2017-12-28
Use props
djiuser_LQHCa3m33Tyq
New

Canada

Mari Posted at 2017-12-27 15:05
Don't have these kind of problems. Don't think its smart to go out and fly with these kind of messages. You probably have to send your drone in for check/repair.

Mines been showing this message since day 1.
2020-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules