Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
can't go further than 500m without video cutting out?
457 2 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marksus1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 253314 ft
Australia

I have a mavic pro. whenever i get to around 500m the video being displayed on my iphone 7 gets grainy then cuts out completely. I still have full control from the RC and can send it home but it's strange that I can only get 500m when its advertised at 7km?

what I've tried:

iphone 7 is my old phone so I did a complete format with nothing but the go app. also set in airplane mode.
tried using in a large open field with no comms towers or trees.
tried using in a paddock with some trees and a comms tower.
my HD settings are all set to auto.
tried using an iOS cable from the underside of the controller.

still can't manage to get over 500m. any help?
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Marksus, just to verify, the transmission only gets grainy when it goes to 500 meters away, right? May I know the firmware of your drone and RC? Please try to refresh the latest firmware for it to ensure the consistency. Also, check the antennas position of the remote controller, keep it placed correctly, please refer to the tutorial below. And if it doesn't help, please help to confirm if there is a crash or hard landing before, you can send the drone back and we will help to manage an overall check for the drone. Please contact support@dji.com for a further help.
2017-12-27
Use props
Marksus1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 253314 ft
Australia

THanks for the reply.

I adjusted the antennas just now and was able to get up to 1.2km.  Running the latest firmware on both the aircraft and RC. no crash or harsh landing. I'll try a completely flat and open field then see what kind of distance i can get. cheers
2017-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules