Controller for Phantom 3 to work with the Inspire 1?
2077 2 2015-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

with the appearance of the Phantom 3 I was both surprised and a little disappointed. As many have noticed the price is almost 1/3rd less for the Phantom 3 as compared to the Inspire 1 and has a very close feature set. Including by appearances, the radio controller. I'm wondering if the radio that ships with the Phantom 3 would bind to the main controller for the Inspire. What do you guys think? If it will then it would be worth it to me to buy the phantom 3 as a back up and swap the controller back and forth as needed. I've tried looking at photos of the controller and it appears much the same as the one shipping with the Inspire, save for the lack of an hdmi out and the brushed aluminum face panel. I don't own a second controller for my Inspre which is why this is interesting to me and wanted to know from some of you who own a second controller think about this?
2015-4-19
Use props
justin.mah
lvl.2

Canada

The Phantom 3 controller is also missing the landing gear swich. I also wonder about whether they could be compatible, but I'm going to guess that DJI says no.
2015-4-19
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

Ah the landing gear switch, I totally forgot about that. Well but if you're using as a camera controller don't think you really want or need that function. However I think that switch on a slave controller does something related to camera functions.  Not sure I'm going to research that.
2015-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules