Mavic Battery- Broken
2401 10 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Timtron007
New
United States

I Just got a Mavic for the holidays and last night I charged all my batteries (i.e. 3 in total) and this morning all were fully charged. I flew the drone for the first time today and one of the batteries I did not use shows to have a single dot charge level. I then tried to charge it but when I put it into the hub alone I am getting a red light (i.e. an error message). Am I possibly doing something wrong or is it possible this battery is just defective. Does anyone have experience with DJI and defective Batteries? Thanks.
2017-12-27
Use props
4WDaus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

If you load your flight data into http://airdata.com there is a battery report function there. That may assist in determining the issue.
2017-12-28
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Try to charge that battery without the use of the hub... if something is wrong with the hub battery will not be charged...

If battery is fully charged and gives after one day just 1 led... it must be defective... contact your reseller or DJI to get it replaced.
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try to charge the battery directly by the charger, if it won't get charged, please try if you can power it on with the drone and check the status on the app. If it is unable to power on, please send the battery back and we will help to take care of it. Here is the link to apply the online repair case: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area. We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2017-12-28
Use props
Timtron007
New
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-28 03:01
Please try to charge the battery directly by the charger, if it won't get charged, please try if you can power it on with the drone and check the status on the app. If it is unable to power on, please send the battery back and we will help to take care of it. Here is the link to apply the online repair case: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area. We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

Thanks for the tips. I have not tried it connected to the drone, but I'll see if that fixes it. will post an update later.
2017-12-28
Use props
Timtron007
New
United States

connecting it to the drone doesn't help as it wont power on. I am just going to send it in per DJI Thor's recommendation. Fortunately I have 2 other batteries and I probably just get another one while this one get serviced/replaced. Thanks for the help everyone.  
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Timtron007 Posted at 2017-12-28 11:39
connecting it to the drone doesn't help as it wont power on. I am just going to send it in per DJI Thor's recommendation. Fortunately I have 2 other batteries and I probably just get another one while this one get serviced/replaced. Thanks for the help everyone.

Thank you for the update, hope things will be sorted out soon and you can receive your battery back quickly.
2017-12-29
Use props
DLPalmer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-28 03:01
Please try to charge the battery directly by the charger, if it won't get charged, please try if you can power it on with the drone and check the status on the app. If it is unable to power on, please send the battery back and we will help to take care of it. Here is the link to apply the online repair case: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area. We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

This appears to be an old link, is there an updated one? I have 2 Mavic Pro batteries that do not work and would like to see if they are repairable or what.
Thank you.
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DLPalmer Posted at 2018-9-12 15:20
This appears to be an old link, is there an updated one? I have 2 Mavic Pro batteries that do not work and would like to see if they are repairable or what.
Thank you.

Hi DLPalmer, so you had tried to charge the battery by the charger directly, right? May I know which LED blinked when you tried to charge it? Please make sure that the batteries are not hot before charging. If the issue persists, you can send the batteries in if they are within the warranty period. Here's the link to apply for the online repair case https://repair.dji.com/repair/index.
2018-9-14
Use props
DLPalmer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-9-14 18:29
Hi DLPalmer, so you had tried to charge the battery by the charger directly, right? May I know which LED blinked when you tried to charge it? Please make sure that the batteries are not hot before charging. If the issue persists, you can send the batteries in if they are within the warranty period. Here's the link to apply for the online repair case

DJI Thor,

First battery will not light any LEDs and will not power on Mavic Pro and show no indications when plugged directly into charger.

Second battery , the bottom LED will blink 3 times after depressing the button once. When depressing once then second time and hold to power on, the LEDs will light as though it is powering on but then they go off and then the bottom LED blinks once then the top LED blinks once. Will not power on Mavic Pro. When plugged directly into charger bottom LED blinks fast 16 times.
2018-9-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DLPalmer Posted at 2018-9-16 10:43
DJI Thor,

First battery will not light any LEDs and will not power on Mavic Pro and show no indications when plugged directly into charger.

I am terribly sorry for the delay. In your first battery, you can try to keep it charging for over 2 hours. As for the second battery, if it is the LED 1 blinks when charging, you may need to send it in. If you had sent them back, you can provide me with your case number, I will help to keep an eye on it. bb.png
2018-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules