First video file not closing properly?
709 4 2017-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djmokoia77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451627 ft
United Kingdom

Is there an issue with the first file of any recording not closing/being written properly? Or any file where the recording goes over the 4gb limit and splits into multiple files?

The reason I ask is that recently, whenever I attempt to import the video files into Premiere Pro CC 2018 on my Windows 10 laptop, the last file off the sd card imports ok but earlier files report as corrupt.

I'm recording 4k at 25fps as .mov

If I change the file extension to .mp4 then the 'corrupt' files import ok. The last file (ie the end of the flight/recording) seems to import without an issue, so I wonder whether the files aren't being closed properly when it gets to 4gb and starts a new file. Has any one else had this issue?

I'm using a Phantom 4 pro

2017-12-28
Use props
Ellinor William
lvl.2

United States

Yes, the recordings get split into multiple recordings. The issue with it is you cannot simple change it to .mp4. If your files are corrupt, you probably need to repair it. Go for a good video repair software in that case. Personally, I have used Stellar Phoenix Video Repair. you can try.
2018-3-22
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have also seen this issue , I recorded 2 short videos approx 2 minutes each each file are just under 2 gb  last night at  4k-24fps.MOV onto a Sandisk Extreme 32gb card , both download and open and play fine on the direct on the PC - using Windows10.

Importing the same files from the PC  into Premier Pro CC 2018 -  video 1 fails to import! - video 2 imports just fine. ( Video 1 was the fist file recorded on the flight ) - Any thoughts Might try filming more tonight to see if it only the first recording that has an issue.

I can bring video1 in Premier Pro by runing it through Adobe Media Encoder first - but its a delay.....

I'm using a Phantom 4 pro
2018-4-18
Use props
djmokoia77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451627 ft
United Kingdom

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-4-18 22:05
I have also seen this issue , I recorded 2 short videos approx 2 minutes each each file are just under 2 gb  last night at  4k-24fps.MOV onto a Sandisk Extreme 32gb card , both download and open and play fine on the direct on the PC - using Windows10.

Importing the same files from the PC  into Premier Pro CC 2018 -  video 1 fails to import! - video 2 imports just fine. ( Video 1 was the fist file recorded on the flight ) - Any thoughts Might try filming more tonight to see if it only the first recording that has an issue.

Sounds just like the problem I have been having. It doesn't seem to be consistent either, I recorded some vids the other day and all 5 recordings were fine
2018-4-18
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad I'm not going mad - its a pain as they all work ok but the one that wont import need extra work...they all work eventually...
2018-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules