Range issue with phantom 3 standard
1040 12 2017-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Qv6SgFS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

Hi, up untill about a week ago my drone has been flying awesome getting easy 500m to 1000m no worries at all. Then about a week ago i turned my drone on and it refused to connect saying no signal. Then it eventually connected when i relocated a feww hundred metres in a different direction, but the range is now significantly less. I get max 50m away anf max 30m high and no signal rth kicks in once it sits above me for a few seconds and begins to land the signal returns. I have latest dji go app for android and samsung s5 and latest firmware. I have tried going waaay out in the bush with same result, ive tried relinking the controller ive tried recalibrating compass and imu and the remote reinstalling app using another s5 rest new copy of app. Nothing works. Any ideas what may be causing this? The drone is less than 3 months old and is well looked after has never been crashed or harshly treated its always been stored in dji hard case when not in use. Im really upset about this as i have a limited budget and saved for a long time to be able to buy this product and cant understand why its sudeenly decided it doesn't want to cooperate anymore
2017-12-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You're not in beginner mode, right?  
2017-12-28
Use props
djiuser_Qv6SgFS
lvl.3
Australia

Definitely not
2017-12-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Did you download the updates after you flew the last time before this happened?
2017-12-28
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

you need to log into you DJI GO other wise it limits you to the 50m and 30m. you use the same user name and password you use to access the forum
2017-12-28
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

Relogin...log out first..den log in..make sure u r connected to an internet..this is normal...no worries.
2017-12-28
Use props
djiuser_Qv6SgFS
lvl.3
Australia

Have done all of it. The latest version of the app is when I started having issues. So i updated the firmware. Ive tried logging out and back in, clearing the app data uninstalling and reinstalling. Still only getting between 50 and 100 metres range. Ive even tried the airpolane mode trick still no joy.
2017-12-28
Use props
djiuser_Qv6SgFS
lvl.3
Australia

And its not flying accurately either when i bring it down to land it starts moving around erratically.
2017-12-28
Use props
droneLIVEaction
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75443 ft
Australia

Feel your pain,   I've never had good range,  even sent back to Dji a few times,  they did nothing, looking at sending it to my local dealer to see what they say, even if I need to pay a it

My little mjx bugs 3 Triples my phantoms range,  and always works as well
2017-12-28
Use props
djiuser_Qv6SgFS
lvl.3
Australia

Not good. What has dji said to you about it?
2017-12-29
Use props
djiuser_Qv6SgFS
lvl.3
Australia

Have tried downgrading app and firmware logging out and back in have recalibrated imu and compass have relinked have done it all to no success. Its flashing green 4 times and red twice then when i start flying all lights go red then orange on tail then when it gets close it goes back to green 4 times red twice.
2017-12-29
Use props
djiuser_Qv6SgFS
lvl.3
Australia

Just took it back and got a refund less than three months old.
2018-1-17
Use props
djiuser_Qv6SgFS
lvl.3
Australia

Bought a spark instead, little laggy on the live video but all good otherwise so far
2018-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules