Which is the safest firmware version on P3 Prof AC / RC / APP?
12Next >
2282 54 2017-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Akossss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1478350 ft
United Kingdom

[size=14.6667px]Hi everyone...

[size=14.6667px]Please, someone, who has experience in the firmware versions, please help me, and explain me something...

[size=14.6667px]I read a lot of things about the firmware... My new P3 Prof will arrive tomorrow. This is my 3rd. The first was the seller's mistake, 2nd was frobably FW error, and this is gonna be the 3rd. I would like to enjoy to fly, but in the last 2 month I was full of FW problems, I had to sell, and send back few Phantoms, etc, and slowly I'm having enough...

[size=14.6667px]So here I'm asking, it's gonna be a new P3P, from Official source, leftover stock. So the updated motor, and probably the 3rd generation. Which is the safest FW to use it with?

[size=14.6667px]I saw somewhere that the P3Ps have 3 edition, and the 1st, and 2nd have problem with newer FW. I'd like to really know which is the latest, stable FW, that all functions are working. Someone complained about Waypoints, someone had video transmission errors, somebody had signal range problems, and I'm not fancy with any of these (like no one else)...

[size=14.6667px]Other question... At the moment there's the newest DJI GO App on my tablet. Am I right, if I connect it to the remote, does it update the remote's FW automaticaly? I may remember wrong, not sure, I may clicked to the update button, not sure... So if I have the latest Go App, do I need to use the latest FW on the RC and the AC? Or can I ignore, or switch off the messages?

[size=14.6667px]More question... Can I use the latest remote FW with older AC FW? I saw few times, when they release a new FW, the other versions are displayed too, I mean latest FW is... latest RC is... latest app v is... Do they work together, or I can use different releases on different devices (like AC or RC)?

[size=14.6667px]My older P3P has the v1.11.20, so the newest FW by now, and works just fine, even that has the old version motors, and almost 3 yrs old. So don't really understand it, why does an old work properly, why does a new not, or vica versa. If DJI knows the FW issues, or there's even any chance to have any problem, why is the downgrade forbidden? Or why these drones have nothing like the Windows has, called rescue point, with the last known, and perfectly worked software versions, and settings?

[size=14.6667px]I'm a big fan of updating everything to the newest, the new means positive in 99%, but the drones seem to be the 1%. A firmware update available message would torture me seriously, but still better than using a drone as paperweight.

[size=14.6667px]Million thanks, and likes for the person who will explain these, and makes me understand it...

2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Akossss, the latest official firmware of P3P is V1.11.20. Please make sure the aircraft and controller firmware are matched. If you encounter any issue with the new drone, feel free to contact us, we'd like to help.
2017-12-29
Use props
Akossss
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-29 03:24
Hi Akossss, the latest official firmware of P3P is V1.11.20. Please make sure the aircraft and controller firmware are matched. If you encounter any issue with the new drone, feel free to contact us, we'd like to help.

Thanks for your answer, and I'd love to do that, but I'm a bit shy, while I'm reading that so many people have to send it to you after bricking the plane, or having random issues with it... I'd really like to enjoy to fly, not to care of these issues, but if I'm not lucky, I can have 2 weeks without my drone, or even after waranty, it would cost a lot...
2017-12-29
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Akossss Posted at 2017-12-29 11:36
Thanks for your answer, and I'd love to do that, but I'm a bit shy, while I'm reading that so many people have to send it to you after bricking the plane, or having random issues with it... I'd really like to enjoy to fly, not to care of these issues, but if I'm not lucky, I can have 2 weeks without my drone, or even after waranty, it would cost a lot...

In that case don't do the upgrades.

It is extremely unlikely that the machine will be 'bricked' as such. Often if there are problems (sometimes fairly straightforward) that cannot be resolved speaking to somebody in a call centre, the bottom line on their tick sheet is that they will advise the aircraft is sent in whereby it will be fixed.
In fact I was surprised at how resilient the machines are. With the update files on an sd card then if it's interrupted, or corrupted, then it's just a case of repeat process and/or download again if needed.

One of the most common problems is upgrading the aircraft firmware and not the RC, where they are often dependant upon each other being at latest version. A number of cases where a refresh or reset sorts things out. And then just the common everyday expected issues where the instinct is to point the finger at the upgrade instead of checking settings or carrying out some fairly simple but important calibration.

There are of course a number of genuine hardware failures, but these tend to be the exception, and this is the place where people come to complain (the 1% :-) ). By our nature we don't often go to websites and rant on about how good something is, but if the slightest thing is wrong....

If you're uneasy about he upgrade then wait for a few weeks and see if anything major is thrown up, if not then go for it.

2017-12-29
Use props
fans55ae5496
lvl.4

United States

Try it. If it works. DO NOT upgrade it.
DJI firmware upgrades are poorly implemented it seems., lots of problems.

Once you find something that works, LEAVE IT ALONE.

DJI will say, oh, send it in and we will fix it.

Meanwhile, you will have a birthday or two....

You have been warned...:-)
2017-12-29
Use props
Akossss
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies... I' thing I'm gonna try the bird in the beginind how it arrives, I'll do an update, with a full check again, and after that I'll keep that for a long while...

Thanks for everyone...
2017-12-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In my experience the latest FW is always the safest.
2017-12-30
Use props
USMC
New

United States

In my experience the latest FW updates have always created problems that didn't exist when the drone was new.  I wish I never would've attempted this latest FW update.  I am currently working with DJI support to try and fix the problem with the P3P staying in the beginner distance limitations.  No matter what I do, the distance is limited.  Hopefully they can come up with a solution soon.
2017-12-31
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I suggest like many others to NOT FIX what aint broke .... ie do not upgrade until you are comfortable with doing it ...

Change of FW caused bricking of my P3P - which DJI accepted was due to being an early generation board ... but I know I was lucky compared to others who had to pay. When it was returned to me - it was one FW back from latest .. 1.10.09 instead of 1.11.20.

After a reasonable period checking that all was A1 ... I updated without trouble.

So now I run latest GO, FW and have no trouble at all. I also have latest Litchi. But to be honest - I have stopped some of the daft flying I was doing before and GO is my usual app now.

Nigel
2017-12-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Generally, the firmware update will not cause any hardware damage, but the hardware glitches can be detected during the update. I'm afraid that the update will not success if the drone has been damaged before. Also, it is not mandatory update, as long as the aircraft and controller firmware matched, you can fly. No worries.
2018-1-1
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
France

It’s all a bit hit and miss with the firmware updates. I’ve read a lot of horror stories, not all from the same firmware version. I’ve always kept my p3p up-to-date with the latest firmware and never had issues. Who knows what’s the cause of errors after firmware Updates? Bad  batch faulty part during manufacture of chips or small crashes before hand forgot about?  
2018-1-1
Use props
fansba54784f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21217 ft
Turkey

I do not recommend v1.11.20.  Unless you want to be limited by 30m/50m without logging in to DJI every time.  I rolled it back to 1.10.
2018-1-1
Use props
fansba54784f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21217 ft
Turkey

fansba54784f Posted at 2018-1-1 11:26
I do not recommend v1.11.20.  Unless you want to be limited by 30m/50m without logging in to DJI every time.  I rolled it back to 1.10.

Here is the release notes for v1.11.20
What’s New?
1. Updated No Fly Zone Management.
2. For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not
connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI
aircraft.
3. Fixed an issue causing occasional ESC self-diagnostic testing failure.
Notes:
1. Make sure you restart both the aircraft and remote controller after updating them to the latest
firmware. Otherwise, video downlink may be unstable. Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller if
they are disconnected.
2. Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude
and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI
GO settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
3. Requires the DJI GO iOS app v3.1.12 or later, or Android v3.1.6 or later, otherwise the flight is restricted
to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m.
2018-1-1
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

I fly 1.11.20 and have no trouble at all .... the login is ONCE after update ... then you fly as normal.

Yes I also use 3.1.23 GO ... which has been stable ...

Do the update properly ... login ONCE after update ... set all your user parameters .... go enjoy.

Nigel
2018-1-1
Use props
mightymace
New
Flight distance : 20502 ft
United States

I too am now a proponent of the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" crowd.  My P3 Pro was bricked after an attempted firmware upgrade.  Lost all activity on the upper gimbal board where the sd card is located.  LED would not light, no video downlink.  Unable to access SD.   No problems at all with it before attempting the upgrade.   Had to send it back and now pay $209 bucks to get it fixed.   Just leave well enough alone if it's working.  I definitely should have.
2018-1-2
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

mightymace Posted at 2018-1-2 19:58
I too am now a proponent of the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" crowd.  My P3 Pro was bricked after an attempted firmware upgrade.  Lost all activity on the upper gimbal board where the sd card is located.  LED would not light, no video downlink.  Unable to access SD.   No problems at all with it before attempting the upgrade.   Had to send it back and now pay $209 bucks to get it fixed.   Just leave well enough alone if it's working.  I definitely should have.

And I was called a liar over on another forum about this ....

You are not alone.

Nigel
2018-1-3
Use props
fans6f4aa0f5
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-29 13:49
In that case don't do the upgrades.

It is extremely unlikely that the machine will be 'bricked' as such. Often if there are problems (sometimes fairly straightforward) that cannot be resolved speaking to somebody in a call centre, the bottom line on their tick sheet is that they will advise the aircraft is sent in whereby it will be fixed.

I am curious as to what you are referring to when you say to do some basic simple parameter and calibrations?  I have been in contact with administrator Susan and have tried all of the suggested corrections to no avail.  I am stuck with the how to connect screen on the app and no beeps or text file on the RC.
2018-1-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans6f4aa0f5 Posted at 2018-1-3 13:29
I am curious as to what you are referring to when you say to do some basic simple parameter and calibrations?  I have been in contact with administrator Susan and have tried all of the suggested corrections to no avail.  I am stuck with the how to connect screen on the app and no beeps or text file on the RC.

Are you referring to the problem you are having getting your RC to connect to your P3P on other Post ?
2018-1-3
Use props
fans6f4aa0f5
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-3 14:30
Are you referring to the problem you are having getting your RC to connect to your P3P on other Post ?

Yes.  I have posted several times and have recieved many corrective actions from the on-line techs that have not been sucessful.  

I truley believe there is a firmware issue since it wasn't until late Novemeber when I was prompted to update the RC firmware and lost connection to the AC.  Upon reinstalling the go app I can no longer get past the "how to connect screen" in the app.

I really don't think or want to ship the unit to Los Angles for a repair when there should be a software redo to correct the intitial issue of a faulty update.  

please advise
2018-1-4
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

I suggest you get hold of a different tablet and install GO to it ... then try that for connection ..

Just because existing tablet may have worked before does not automatically mean with later FW / APP it will continue working. My Cavion tablet was retired when I updated my P3S many moons ago ... I replaced it with Nexus 7 vers 2 ... which has been rock solid still today on my P3P.

Just to go back ... as you seem to be still at square one.

How do you start up / connect ?

My preferred way with P3P is :

Start tablet, make sure in Airplane mode
Start RC
Start AC
Once RC shows green light.....
Plug in cable to tablet and it should trigger GO to start up or ask if you want to start it

(My Tablet has Go and Litchi - so it triggers a box asking which APP I would like to start and whether always or just once. I tap my choices... APP starts ....)

As mentioned before - if not logged into the APP ... then you are seriously limited what you can do.

Sorry if all above is old hat .... but I read all this thread and its just all over the shop with no real possibilities .... GET flying ... THEN worry about what to do with FW etc.

Nigel
2018-1-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans6f4aa0f5 Posted at 2018-1-4 05:48
Yes.  I have posted several times and have recieved many corrective actions from the on-line techs that have not been sucessful.  

I truley believe there is a firmware issue since it wasn't until late Novemeber when I was prompted to update the RC firmware and lost connection to the AC.  Upon reinstalling the go app I can no longer get past the "how to connect screen" in the app.

I would agree with what Nigel has said, but just to add a bit more to the initial boot up:-

When you power up aircraft & RC, after all has settled down (aircraft usually takes about 30 seconds to initialise) then the 1st LED on the RC should be green. If not then the first thing to try would be to relink the RC & Aircraft.

Check that the RC is talking to the aircraft first (RC LED Green). The RC has full control without the display being connected at all, so if all is well you should be able to stop and start motors, move gimbal etc using RC sticks.
2018-1-4
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Totally agree with Aardvark .... that Green LED on RC is very important ... if you don't have that - then you will never have GO link and work properly.

Nigel
2018-1-4
Use props
Akossss
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-1 01:50
Generally, the firmware update will not cause any hardware damage, but the hardware glitches can be detected during the update. I'm afraid that the update will not success if the drone has been damaged before. Also, it is not mandatory update, as long as the aircraft and controller firmware matched, you can fly. No worries.

How do I know if it's a mandatory update? What if I don't upgrade the mandatory one?

Reading this charging for firmware repair, I really don't think it's fair from DJI to charge anything for a FW repair, even when the warranty expired. When a FW update released, DJI wants us, actually forces us to update with the highlighted red line in the app, it doesn't warn us there is any chance to get error. It's like a system crash after Windows upgrade, that's definitely not a user error, so why should I pay for it? I jus update how the company of my favourite drone asks me to do, so as a programmer, I thing the FW update should check for any hardware errors, and update after it passed, I know it's not easy, an update here is not as smart as the Windows ones, but still... I buy my drone, if I crash it, it's totally my responsability, and simply no reason for the bird to fail the update after crash, or any other happening. Is it works, it means it's okay. If it's not okay, I should get a warning message after the self diagnostic. So now I'm under warranty, and update easily, but after the warranty period is over, I'll have concerns, if I update, and anything goes wrong, that's still not user error (writting fault FW is the programmer's <- DJI's fault), so why shoul I pay anything? FW repair should be free for a lifetime... It's just simply not fair thing.

My P3P has been upgraded to the latest of everything, and it works perfectly.

By the way, Susan, I love your profile pic, Scarlett is my favourite
2018-1-4
Use props
fans6f4aa0f5
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-4 09:55
I would agree with what Nigel has said, but just to add a bit more to the initial boot up:-

When you power up aircraft & RC, after all has settled down (aircraft usually takes about 30 seconds to initialise) then the 1st LED on the RC should be green. If not then the first thing to try would be to relink the RC & Aircraft.

Thanks for the response and suggestions. I should let you know I have tried two different android devices as well as an apple pad to install the go app and then connect with no real success. When I tried those, I can at least open the app, but can not connect the AC and RC and no camera connection. I get the weak signal message and can not start up the motors. I have also tried to connect the AC and RC without the app running to see if I can at least get the motors to start, again with no success. I will try start-up in the airplane mode and follow your suggested order of starting each element, which I have not done yet to see if that might help. As far as the RC is concerned, upon starting, I get no beeps and can't really tell if the LED is blue or green. It appears to be bluish green so I am concerned the RC is not in sync withthe app or AC. I have also tried the 4 button RC reconnect procedure several times with no success. I am more than willing to continue trying your suggestions in hopes we can get this bird back in the air. Thanks for your help.
2018-1-5
Use props
fans6f4aa0f5
lvl.2
United States

solentlife Posted at 2018-1-4 06:34
I suggest you get hold of a different tablet and install GO to it ... then try that for connection ..

Just because existing tablet may have worked before does not automatically mean with later FW / APP it will continue working. My Cavion tablet was retired when I updated my P3S many moons ago ... I replaced it with Nexus 7 vers 2 ... which has been rock solid still today on my P3P.

Ok I tried to fire up as you prescribed with my Iphone in airplane mode.  The AC seems to go through the regular lights and beeps.  The RC still has no sounds and the led appears to be green.  When attempting to open the app I still can not get the equipment icon to be active and therefore can not get into the app.
Frustrated
2018-1-5
Use props
fans6f4aa0f5
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-4 09:55

When you power up aircraft & RC, after all has settled down (aircraft usually takes about 30 seconds to initialise) then the 1st LED on the RC should be green. If not then the first thing to try would be to relink the RC & Aircraft.

Also I should note that when everything is truned on the LED on the gimbal flashes red and the LED next to the reset button is solid red.  I give you this info in hopes it may shed some light in your diagnostics.
Thanks again
2018-1-5
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

fans6f4aa0f5 Posted at 2018-1-5 07:28
Also I should note that when everything is truned on the LED on the gimbal flashes red and the LED next to the reset button is solid red.  I give you this info in hopes it may shed some light in your diagnostics.
Thanks again

If that is the case ... it goes back to an early reply - that your AC and RC are not linked.

There is no way anything will happen if you do not get a link from AC to RC.

I apologise if this is already known / tried / old hat ..... but to link a Pro / Adv RC to AC :

Page 28 of the manual ...

Page 29

Hope it succeeds ...

Nigel
2018-1-5
Use props
fans6f4aa0f5
lvl.2
United States

solentlife Posted at 2018-1-5 09:05
If that is the case ... it goes back to an early reply - that your AC and RC are not linked.

There is no way anything will happen if you do not get a link from AC to RC.

I would love to be ale to link the RC to the AC and have tried this maneuver before, but I can't launch the go app.  When opening the app I get the "how to connect screen" and the equipment icon is inactive so can not get to the camera icon.  
In a previous thread I think I saw a description of how reformat the RC.  Is such a thing possible?  I feel that if I could start the RC from scracth that I might have a chance to actually install the FW update which again I feel has not happened.  
As stated earlier, when after an attempted RC update and I check the flash drive for the text file it does not appear.  The AC Text file states the FW is the same or older version already installed so I think that part is ok.
2018-1-6
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans6f4aa0f5 Posted at 2018-1-6 06:23
I would love to be ale to link the RC to the AC and have tried this maneuver before, but I can't launch the go app.  When opening the app I get the "how to connect screen" and the equipment icon is inactive so can not get to the camera icon.  
In a previous thread I think I saw a description of how reformat the RC.  Is such a thing possible?  I feel that if I could start the RC from scracth that I might have a chance to actually install the FW update which again I feel has not happened.  
As stated earlier, when after an attempted RC update and I check the flash drive for the text file it does not appear.  The AC Text file states the FW is the same or older version already installed so I think that part is ok.

OK to relink the RC to aircraft without using the DJI Go App', try the following (I don't have a P3 now, but may work as same RC unit as my P4).

The Re-Link can be done manually (without using DJI Go):-

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller, wait 30 seconds for aircraft to initialise.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep 'D-DD'.
*Let go all fingers, then press the wheel on the right side of the controller (It's a 'click wheel', similar to a mouse wheel) and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will link soon.
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Akossss Posted at 2018-1-4 18:47
How do I know if it's a mandatory update? What if I don't upgrade the mandatory one?

Reading this charging for firmware repair, I really don't think it's fair from DJI to charge anything for a FW repair, even when the warranty expired. When a FW update released, DJI wants us, actually forces us to update with the highlighted red line in the app, it doesn't warn us there is any chance to get error. It's like a system crash after Windows upgrade, that's definitely not a user error, so why should I pay for it? I jus update how the company of my favourite drone asks me to do, so as a programmer, I thing the FW update should check for any hardware errors, and update after it passed, I know it's not easy, an update here is not as smart as the Windows ones, but still... I buy my drone, if I crash it, it's totally my responsability, and simply no reason for the bird to fail the update after crash, or any other happening. Is it works, it means it's okay. If it's not okay, I should get a warning message after the self diagnostic. So now I'm under warranty, and update easily, but after the warranty period is over, I'll have concerns, if I update, and anything goes wrong, that's still not user error (writting fault FW is the programmer's

Nice to know it works well now. Currently, we have not released any mandatory update of Phantom series. As I mentioned in 10#, the firmware update will not cause the hardware issue. If it is suspected as firmware issue, the local team will do damage assessment once they received the unit and offer you the solution. I understand your concern, and would like to help if some unpleasant issue appears. Also, thanks for your compliment.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans6f4aa0f5 Posted at 2018-1-6 06:23

Hi there, please refer below and try to link RC without APP. Turn on the RC and AC, hold the C1, C2 and shutter button at the same time until the RC beeps, press the ISO dial for 2 second. Then click the linking button in the aircraft, it will link soon.
2018-1-8
Use props
fans6f4aa0f5
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-7 10:57
OK to relink the RC to aircraft without using the DJI Go App', try the following (I don't have a P3 now, but may work as same RC unit as my P4).

The Re-Link can be done manually (without using DJI Go):-

I did exactly what was prescribed: turned on both AC and RC with no app ( waited over a minute) watched and heard the AC go through initialization with rear lights blinking yellow and front light lights steady red. Pressed both C1, C2 buttons while also pressing the photo button with no beeps coming from the RC.  I tried this manuver several times with varrying time durations while pressing the 3 buttons without getting any beeps from the RC.

Also tried to go through the rest of the procedure by pressing the right side wheel and pressing the AC reset button all without getting any sounds from the RC.

As stated before I feel the problem is with my RC not actually updated.
2018-1-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans6f4aa0f5 Posted at 2018-1-8 06:02
I did exactly what was prescribed: turned on both AC and RC with no app ( waited over a minute) watched and heard the AC go through initialization with rear lights blinking yellow and front light lights steady red. Pressed both C1, C2 buttons while also pressing the photo button with no beeps coming from the RC.  I tried this manuver several times with varrying time durations while pressing the 3 buttons without getting any beeps from the RC.

Also tried to go through the rest of the procedure by pressing the right side wheel and pressing the AC reset button all without getting any sounds from the RC.

Try this to update RC:-

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go (latest Version) and 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show if update required (this may take a minute or two to appear). when it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC.

Edit:- If you look in 'About' in general settings menu it will tell you which firmware your RC is currently using. If V1.9.3 then it is alraedy up to date.

2018-1-8
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Just a question .. Why would he use Go 4 ?

Its a P3 and he should use Go before 4 ...

But the procedure is same ...

Nigel
2018-1-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2018-1-8 09:44
Just a question .. Why would he use Go 4 ?

Its a P3 and he should use Go before 4 ...

Good point, I've still got my P4 head on

Edit:- Now ammended :-)
2018-1-8
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-8 09:50
Good point, I've still got my P4 head on

Edit:- Now ammended :-)

Cheers .... I was not trying to be rude ...

Nigel
2018-1-8
Use props
fans6f4aa0f5
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-8 09:39
Try this to update RC:-

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go (latest Version) and 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show if update required (this may take a minute or two to appear). when it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC.

Two questions:
I'm not sure I understand what "display" the RC is to be connected to in your initial command?  I'm thinking it should be connected to my iphone in the app, but then you say to run the latest GO version as a second step.
Second question: Which GO app should I be running for a P3P?

I do appreciate the responses and recommendations
2018-1-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans6f4aa0f5 Posted at 2018-1-8 14:03
Two questions:
I'm not sure I understand what "display" the RC is to be connected to in your initial command?  I'm thinking it should be connected to my iphone in the app, but then you say to run the latest GO version as a second step.
Second question: Which GO app should I be running for a P3P?

OK, the display is the device you use, whether it's a tablet or a phone etc to run the DJI Go Application on. Now the display device is not needed to fly the drone (sounds a bit odd), but it is obviously highly desirable to have all the functionality it can provide when running the DJI Go App'.
The basic functional control and flying of the drone can be done using just the RC without any display device connected to control. So the first thing is to establish that the RC is talking to the drone. With just the RC and drone powered up, if the RC is talking to the aircraft then its first LED would be green, and the LED on aircraft beside link button would be green.
As they are not the problem will either be they are not 'paired' (similar to Bluetooth devices needing pairing). Or RC firmware needs refreshing or updated, and the same applies to the aircraft. At this moment the focus has been on the RC, at present it is not responding to the manual linking, so looks as if it needs updating. To update the RC you need to connect it to a display device running DJI Go (which is for all drones before Phantom 4 series (Phantom 4 series needs DJI Go 4)). So on your display device you need to install DJI Go using either Google play-store for Android devices, or App-Store for Apple iOS devices. Once installed connect display device to RC, power both up, run DJI Go and follow the instructions in post number 33 above. If no RC update is shown in the 'Aircraft Status menu, check 'About' in the 'general settings' menu and see what build it gives for the RC. If it says V1.9.3 then it is up to date already. if an older version is shown then try the update process again as described. It is important to ensure the display device whether it be a tablet or phone has a good internet connection.

If you can get up date completed as appears to be needed, then reboot just aircraft and RC, give all half a minute to settle, and if all it correct the LEDS (previously described) will be green. Then you can look at powering up the display device and running DJI Go :-)
2018-1-8
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

I have a comment ... just to clear ...

I have noticed that present GO is poor to start if I manually start it after connecting all up. Often it just greys out the Camera page and does not go to P3P as it should.

So the method I now use is to use the tablets auto-start feature ... I have no idea if IOS do this ...

Power up RC and AC ...
Power on Android / IOS
Get to desktop screen
NOW plug in RC to tablet cable
The tablet should then pop up a box asking if you want to start GO

Tap yes .. and it should then go into GO and already to the actual video screen with first the assessment page shown where it says Firmware / compass etc.

Older Go didn't seem to care but the latest I have seems sensitive about this. Sometimes in fact I may have to plug / unplug cable 2 or 3x to get in ...

Nigel
2018-1-9
Use props
fans87b4cdc8
New
Flight distance : 68504 ft
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2018-1-9 00:16
I have a comment ... just to clear ...

I have noticed that present GO is poor to start if I manually start it after connecting all up. Often it just greys out the Camera page and does not go to P3P as it should.

Hello, new to the forum - I have rerad through the thread and found myself asking the same questions.  

I too have a problem with my P3Adv where, after a FW update, the aircraft made all the right noises but the RC did not.  Since then I cannot get the Camera view, stopping at the How to Connect stage.  I can still fly the aircraft but have no video feed.  None of the suggested remedies have worked.  The RC status LED flickers red/green rather than being steady blue, green or red.  I have just tried it again using a Samsung Note 4 (on the approved list).  No change.

The button pressing linking procedure produced the right noises [D-DD followed by DDDDDD]. The aircraft would stop reacting to stick commands when unlinked but resume working when relinked.

Getting really frustrated now. Grateful for any way to resolve this issue.

David
2018-1-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules