Latest firmware update has more negatives then positives
1071 2 2015-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thetravguy
lvl.1

United States

the worste first.

- dji pilot app crashing while flying, never did this before, it's the second time since the update tuesday it's happened. i have no idea whats causing it but im real skeptical about flying right now. android running 4.4 on a galaxy tab.
- R/C home point singal too weak to set home point. WTF is this, full sat bars and i cant set the r/c as the home point? no problems before this last firmware update now it wont let me do it at all.

- Flying near no-fly zones warning... just being out the outside of area b or 2(whatever) causes a constant warring pop up while flying. also the indicator light on the aircrat blinks red while flying. i'll repeat. im just out side the hight limit no fly zone, NOt IN IT and the inspire has the red led on in the back... this is a bad idea. i want to see that green or yellow light so i know WTF is going on with my really expensive toy if it start to loose gps signals... with the thing just red there could be a real problem and i wouldnt know about it.. again. on the pilot app im clearly not in a restricted or no fly zone and the indicator light is red...

aircraft drifts around randomly in atti mode. it's as iff the IOC sonar sensors on the bottom are turned off. before the update it only did this at high altittude.

no more gyro or atti gain adjustments

where is the button for transit mode?

about the only good thing i've noticed is a slightly more stable flying aircraft and i can do 50mph now no problem gps mode... still isn't 70 as advertised but it's better then the 35 limit i had before.

2015-4-19
Use props
G-unit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 569902 ft
United States

Just seeing ifyou download the new pilot app or the update i should say for your android ?
If not do that and it will stop crashing..
2015-4-19
Use props
thetravguy
lvl.1

United States

yup. 10. whatever pilot app. updated r/c firmware and aircraft firmware. the day we had version .9 the pilot app wouldn't run at all. it crashed instantly 90% of the time when it linked with the aircraft.

I've had the app crash just while its sitting on the ground not flying twice. today when it did it I was on flight number 3 about 10 minuets in when it did it this time. thank god nothing horrific happened I retained control with the app completely down and got it re synced all while it was flying.

for the last 2 months before this firmware update I had zero problems with the app or these no-fly zones. now it seems like it's only a question of when im going to be the next guy posting "inspire did this" story and it's now broke.
2015-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules