Android issues connecting to Spark with DJI GO 4 (solved)
2893 10 2017-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sunjammer
New

United States

Just spent hours, hours, gritting my teeth trying to figure out why after connecting to the drone's WiFi network the app refused to recognize it. My fiancee connected just fine with her iPhone, but my Google Pixel just refused to play nice. I followed every guide, read every forum post, it was driving me nuts.
The solution? The app apparently uses access to the internet as proof it's connected to the wrong WiFi. Turning off mobile data made the app connect instantly.

I hope this helps others not waste hours like I just did, and I hope the app gets an update that tells users this, because it's ridiculous.
2017-12-28
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

great work !
2017-12-28
Use props
djiuser_0fsVD4z9mrQu
New
Flight distance : 1263 ft
Australia

Nice find
2018-7-12
Use props
axez85
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11368 ft
Sweden

Very good information, helped me very good!!
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

axez85 Posted at 2018-7-24 12:40
Very good information, helped me very good!!

Hi, if you do have a concern you can keep us posted for further assistance. I would suggest using a recommended devices as well for you to maximize the usage of your aircraft. Thank you.
2018-7-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Excellent !
2018-7-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Many are having this Problem recently on the Forum.
2018-7-25
Use props
adriank
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106558 ft

Same Problem. This is totally new! Also updating the Remote to the new software was a nightmare!
Can anybody tell me if OTG is now supported?
2018-7-26
Use props
fans516ad224
New
Flight distance : 5161 ft
United States

Wanted to give you a Big Shout Out Thank You Thank You Thank You !!! , I have been so frustrated over the last several months trying to figure out why my Samsung Galaxy 9+ would not connect to my DJI Spark and Air, then I stumbled upon your fix, well it worked like a charm. Again Thanks !!!!!
2018-7-29
Use props
WarmleyWobblers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66877 ft

Worked for me ...!
2018-9-26
Use props
Avonez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 350866 ft
Singapore

This should be a sticky. Upgraded my phone to Android P and experience the same problem whereas it was working fine previously. Seems like Android P automatically permits alternative connection to the Internet through mobile data if the wifi connection has no Internet connection (like when the phone is connected to the remote control) and this confuses the DJI Go app. The solution is to turn off the mobile data and it works as before.
2018-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules