2900 4 2015-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AirborneNinja
lvl.2

United States

Found this while searching for other platforms similar to the Inspire 1
http://www.helipal.com/walkera-qr-voyager-3-gps-drone-rtf-edition.html

Looks to be a very close clone of the DJI Inspire 1.

Anybody know about Walkera? If they are better than DJI customer support then I think this is the answer we have been looking for. Seems to support Groundstation as well.
2015-4-19
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Yeah, it's been spoken about on the forum quite a bit.   One described it as a floating pug, which I particularly enjoyed.

2015-4-19
Use props
AirborneNinja
lvl.2

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-4-20 08:31
Yeah, it's been spoken about on the forum quite a bit.   One described it as a floating pug, which I ...

I see that now, sorry for repeat thread lol. THose other ones haven't been very active.

I can't seem to find the ranges of it though or anything about customer service.
2015-4-19
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

AirborneNinja Posted at 2015-4-20 08:39
I see that now, sorry for repeat thread lol. THose other ones haven't been very active.

I can't  ...

I just like saying floating pug!   

Consensus is that it's a watered down Inspire in almost every way.

My guess is it sits directly between a P3 and the Inspire so probably a good gap filler but not replacement for the I1.
2015-4-19
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

I looked at the Walkera Pug as well...I am a little suspect of knock offs and have a healthy skepticism of them...It may very well be a good product but DJI while being very frustrating on several fronts have proven that they can and are working on solutions like the new software upgrade.  As I am targeting Cell Towers and High Voltage Powerline Inspections the GPS dropout was unacceptable due to the response time to drift...DJI delivered  and has a lot more stable product as a result...Walkera as a newer product and knock off will also have its fair share of problems, but DJI has proven in my mind that they are up to the task...The Inspire 1 in my mind is now a superior product and worth the money for its category..
2015-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules