Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic - Remote Linking
838 10 2017-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
occxlr8ed
lvl.1
Australia

Hi all,

Newbie here with a quick question.

Everytime before flying, i have to link my controller to the mavic.

I do this via RC, and through the app - it always successfully links/binds however i have to re-do this everytime i turn off the Mavic/Controller.

It this normal?

I have all the latest firmware, through the DJI Assistant 2 app on my computer, as i was having troubles updating it via the controller/mobile app.
2017-12-28
Use props
occxlr8ed
lvl.1
Australia

Also, i've done 5x flights in total, each time needing to re-link the controller.
2017-12-28
Use props
occxlr8ed
lvl.1
Australia

Not good!

My app says RC connected on the home page, then when i enter device, it says Aircraft Disconnected.

My Mavic LED is flashing yellow, and remote says 'CONNECTING'.

I am using a Blitzwold USB cable, connected directly to the remote
2017-12-28
Use props
occxlr8ed
lvl.1
Australia

occxlr8ed Posted at 2017-12-28 23:53
Not good!

My app says RC connected on the home page, then when i enter device, it says Aircraft Disconnected.

Anyone else?

If i link the controller to the Mavic, and then turn off the Mavic and turn it back on it re-connects fine.

If i turn off the controller. and leave the Mavic on, it does not re-connect.
2017-12-31
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is not normal. It should connect regardless of which one is turn on/off first.
2017-12-31
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

occxlr8ed Posted at 2017-12-31 05:12
Anyone else?

If i link the controller to the Mavic, and then turn off the Mavic and turn it back on it re-connects fine.

What specific model of mobile device are you using and specifically which version of operating system (iOS or Android) are you using? You might try using a different USB cable and / or flying with your phone in airplane mode to see if that helps. From the sounds of it, though, you don't need to be re-linking the aircraft and controller, as it's apparently the connection between the aircraft and the app that's the problem.
2017-12-31
Use props
occxlr8ed
lvl.1
Australia

Have been tested using both iOS and Android, with same effect.

iPhone 6 and LG G4.

All firmware on both the mavic and the RC Controller is up to date.

2017-12-31
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You should always start the RC first, then turn on the Mavic. How long are you waiting to see if it will connect because sometimes it may not happen instantly.
2017-12-31
Use props
occxlr8ed
lvl.1
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-31 22:05
You should always start the RC first, then turn on the Mavic. How long are you waiting to see if it will connect because sometimes it may not happen instantly.

Left it for minutes, i have tried the Mavic with a friends RC and it exhibits the same issues.

Have tried the RC on a friends Mavic, and it works fine.

Leads me to think something is wrong with the Mavic.

I also lose transmission after ~5min of flight time, loses connection completely and it RTH. Has happened 4  times in a row. Again friends Mavic was totally fine in the same conditions.

This is a new Mavic...
2018-1-1
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

occxlr8ed Posted at 2018-1-1 04:41
Left it for minutes, i have tried the Mavic with a friends RC and it exhibits the same issues.

Have tried the RC on a friends Mavic, and it works fine.

If that is the case then I would try a refresh of the firmware on the Mavic. If the problem still exists then you should contact support and start a case to have it replaced/repaired.
2018-1-1
Use props
occxlr8ed
lvl.1
Australia

Have already refreshed and factory reset both drone and RC - same issues.
2018-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules