Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji compatable devices
945 6 2017-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scooby-matt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86083 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all.

Just wanting to know if there is an updated list of the compatable devices to use with dji products?

Thanks
2017-12-28
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

So many fw m versions of apps already launches..at least they should update more compatible phone list by now
2017-12-28
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha matt,

There is an approved devices list for Android and iOS on the downloads page for the DJI bird you fly.  You are on your own with iOS devices as I am not fond of them.  But that is just me.

Android devices do have a vast variety and that can get confusing.  As a basic guideline on getting a good tablet follow these suggestions.  

The device should be no more than a year old.  Software advances as fast as hardware.

Get a device with a minimum of 2 GB of RAM, preferably 4 GB.  The apps get more and more complicated with each upgrade.

Check to make sure the device has a multi-processor for the CPU and a multi-processor for the graphics.  A good gaming tablet is always useful for flying drones since they both require a lot of number crunching and high resolution video.  The nVidia Shield K1 was the best you could get but is no longer sold.  The next generation nVidia, the X1, was sold to Nintendo for their new consol.  The K1 only cost $200 US.

Fortunately, the processors in the nVidia tablets are now available for tablets by other manufacturers.  The new ZenPad from ASUS is quite powerful and for only $300.

Doing a Google Search for "the best tablets for 2018" will provide a real good list of very good tablets.  They also provide the specs with each of the tablets so you can compare them to decide what you want.  Keep an eye out for comments on how great they are for gaming.  Those should pique your interest.  Compare the specs and price.  If a spec is confusing do a search for the spec and read up on it.  You will be glad you did.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-29
Use props
scooby-matt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86083 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies cetacean and siambuddhas.

When flying my p4 i use my phone rather than a tablet.

I have a Samsung s7 edge and with the recent update for the app when connected to the handset via the Ian cable the phone reboot.

Any ideas?

Thanks
2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Matt, here is the recommended list of Phantom 4: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4/in ... te_search#downloads
Could you be more specific of the issue when use DJI GO 4 in Samsung S7 Edge? What's the current version of APP and what's your operation before the mobile reboot?
2017-12-29
Use props
Sky Viking
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83757 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-12-29 00:36
Aloha matt,

There is an approved devices list for Android and iOS on the downloads page for the DJI bird you fly.  You are on your own with iOS devices as I am not fond of them.  But that is just me.

thanks for that info very helpful! Cheers mate!
2018-8-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sky Viking Posted at 2018-8-17 09:48
thanks for that info very helpful! Cheers mate!

Ken does provide plenty of useful insight within the constraints of the forum...

RedHotPoker
2018-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules