longer RC cable with lightning connector for ipad
11546 8 2017-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wheaties
New
United States

Where can I get a longer  RC cable with lightning connector  to connect a large ipad to the RC?  Saw one on demo videos so know they must be out there. Also, since 'RC cable' is not a generic product,  what is the generic name of the male plug used to connect to the RC?    Thanks so much!

2017-12-29
Use props
Harry Pottar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13163 ft
United States

You use the generic USB port on the bottom of the controller. Make sure you unplug the RC cable on the top left of the controller even though it’s not being used.

Then just plug a standard usb to lightning lead from the bottom of the controller to you iPad

Harry
2017-12-29
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Look at the Anker website. I used their 1ft USB to Lightning cable to connect my iPad Pro 10.5" to the bottom connector on the remote controller. I switched to another brand  (Found here) because the Anker cable is actually shorter than 1ft. I've had great success with this cable, and it's got a 90-degree connector at the Lightning connector end.
2017-12-29
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

#Quick Reply Hehttps://www.amazon.de/gp/product ... e=UTF8&psc=1re#
2017-12-29
Use props
HyLenz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

You can use the usb cable that came with you're iPad. Plug into the bottom usb port on the controller. The 90 degree part doesn't really matter if your using a tablet mount for a bigger iPad with the Mavic controller, and a little Velcro goes a long way to help keep things organized...
2017-12-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also use an anker 1inch cable without the 90 degree angle and it works perfect never any issues.
2017-12-29
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

As others have stated...use the USB port in the bottom of RC.  There are thousands of various cable lengths & styles on Amazon
2017-12-29
Use props
ghost_ATX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1277703 ft
United States

When I use my iPad mini, I use Apple's (shorter) 0.5 meter lightening cable plugged into the USB port at the bottom of the controller. When I use my android device I use an Anker cable. Both work great. Here's the short Apple lightening cable:

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/ME291AM/A/lightning-to-usb-cable-05-m
2017-12-29
Use props
madis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67100 ft
Latvia

The cable connecting phone/tablet and drone remote controller is actually way more important part than pilots usually think. It is not just a piece of conductor that joint two devices together.  It is very important to get if not original Apple cable, then a certified one.
A lightning cable has 3 main functions: 1) Current transmission; 2) Data transmission; 3) Durability and long lifetime.
It consists of 1) flexible and sufficient AWG wire 2) PCB with several certified chips on it 3) a good screening (protection from outer interference) and 4) Insulation and mechanical protection (core and many layers) and 5) connectiors themselves (gold plating, overall manufactured quality). It is the only part having a contact, after all.

In Drone piloting case, the current transmission is not that much important as data transmission, as the DJI GO APP does enormous amount of procedures and transmits/receives data via the cable at high speed. It is completely wort investing $20 in this component!

Here a video in depth:
And for Phantom/ Mavic a very good choice are PGYTECH cables: https://www.pgy-tech.com/product ... ightning-cable-35cm
and https://store.dji.bg/en/pgytech- ... ing-cable-65cm.html
2019-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules