Connect to PC
853 2 2017-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roandad
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I know that numerous people have reported problems with getting their dron to communicate with their PC etc and having done a load of research I am posting here for help.

I have two P2's at home and I cant get either to connect to the assistant software via two different pc's. So about six months ago, I linked up one of my drones with no problems to the assistant software on an old XP machine. Now when I try I get nothing, so I have:
uninstalled the RC and assistant apps
uninstalled the driver app
reinstalled the above from the DJI site yesterday
completed the above on both a XP and W10 laptop
tried two different micro usb leads
connected in the appropriate order
the driver software (v 2.02) is present on both machines

On both machines there is no recognition from either pc that anything is connected to the USB port - nothing appears on device manager so for some reason both drones on both usb micro cbles are not registering or recognising a device on eiher PC.

The app softawre seems ok and load alright - I am following the right sequence and this all used to work on my xp laptop a few months ago. I am completely stumped so am thinking I must have missed something really simple here. It appears to be driver related but I cam now at a loss as to what to do next - any thoughts?

Many thanks

Paul
2017-12-29
Use props
roandad
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Problem solved
Still no joy so decided to look for another micro usb lead after no joy with the two I had to hand
After searching the house from top to bottom I found my GoPro lead so tried this... It worked so seemingly the two micro usb leads I had to hand would not work.for some reason.   Is this common and is there something specific about the DJI comms traffic on the micro usb that makes it susceptible to the usb lead
Many thanks.. Paul
2018-1-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

roandad Posted at 2018-1-2 12:37
Problem solved
Still no joy so decided to look for another micro usb lead after no joy with the two I had to hand
After searching the house from top to bottom I found my GoPro lead so tried this... It worked so seemingly the two micro usb leads I had to hand would not work.for some reason.   Is this common and is there something specific about the DJI comms traffic on the micro usb that makes it susceptible to the usb lead

Yes, some USB leads are only designed for charging purposes, while others have the full set of connections. The DJI applications require the full set of connections.
2018-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules