Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIPilot-IceBox
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

I have been using my Mavic for almost a month now and I am just wondering if any of you have any problem with the side port on the Mavic RC. I can't make it work when I plug any device to connect. The one I use is the USB at the bottom and I don't have any problem connecting. I have reached out to DJI support and they want me to send it to them because they think the side port is not working at all. But I want to reiterate that it only does NOT work when I try to plug my iPhone, iPad, or Android but it charges when it needs to recharge. I thought the cables are busted but I tried them in my spark and they work just fine. What could be the problem here?

I appreciate all your input.
2017-12-29
Use props
DJIPilot-IceBox
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Anybody have the same problem like me? :-(
2018-1-2
Use props
Vandesande
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115640 ft
Belgium

I believe there is a general problem with the connection between the RC and the mobile device. My connection with the RC is always working, but the connection to my IPhone 7 Plus is a disaster. The connection gets lost almost each flight. Sometimes the connection stays perfect for 15 minutes, but sometimes I have to connect every single minute... Now I am trying with my original IPhone cable and the USB port on the bottom of the RC and it is working well, so far.
2018-1-2
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

Sending it back to DJI for a fix or replacement is your best option.

And it is possible for a USB port to develop a fault where it can't send/receive data but still delivers power - annoying as that is!
2018-1-2
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

theothernt Posted at 2018-1-2 11:59
Sending it back to DJI for a fix or replacement is your best option.

And it is possible for a USB port to develop a fault where it can't send/receive data but still delivers power - annoying as that is!

Ugh! I am going out on a trip. I guess I'll use the bottom USB for now.
2018-1-2
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-1-2 13:52
I personally prefer the bottom USB port & use it for connecting all the time with a 1' cable. It isn't as tidy as the side port, but it is much less troublesome then trying to get the little connector aligned with the phone port.

Yeah, I agree with you. But it would be nice to know that side port is working and not defective.
2018-1-2
Use props
Hiro Lim
New

Malaysia

DJIPilot-IceBox Posted at 2018-1-2 11:06
Anybody have the same problem like me? :-(

Yes, i just bought mavic platinum, same problem, the side port only charging my phone (usb type c, android) , the usb beneath is working well.
2019-11-23
Use props
Hiro Lim
New

Malaysia

Just now i try to press the cable harder at the connect point of side port, the problem solved..... phone can work with rc already .
2019-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules