Phantom 2 vision+ Welcome with battery "ERRORS"
2059 12 2014-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cwaniak36
New

Canada

I bought my Phantom 2 Vision+ last night, only to unpack it and get handfull of errors in relation to the battery...
(the unit was an open box, but everything seems to be pretty much brand new)
Everything seemed to be ok, until I took out the battery and charged it.
After putting it in, I got an error - 2x3 front RED LED on. App showed Invalid Battery...
When Connceted to the computer i got the following battery error:

Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 10.10.22 PM.png

Quickly following by:

Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 10.10.38 PM.png

And then by:

Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 10.13.32 PM.png
Also the battery info showed this:

Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 10.13.51 PM.png

I assumed something has to be wrong with the connection ports? as evrything is OEM...

after pressing the battery in fairly hard, it the problem seemed to go away... (issue on cell #3?)

Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 10.14.45 PM.png

and then

Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 10.16.31 PM.png
Now this thing was not flown yet, I am planning on trying it out tomorrow, but with the battery issue im afraid it may just stop working on me mid air?
3rd picture states: to sharp communicating ports what does that mean?
How can I resolve this issue on my own? can I? Do i need to send it in? it seems to be fine now... and i don't get the error.. but I have a feeling that it can come back anytime....

Another issue, that i'm not worrying too much at the moment is that the camera sometimes / makes these hitting like noises, sometimes once others even 7 times..... but usually it doesn't..

Any help will be appriciated.

2014-10-24
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Take it back, its been used and broken.

The battery reports it has been charged 3 times and so its not new.

The camera is so fragile that any usage or misusage could have damaged it.
It sounds like a customer returns and as such it could be having unknown problems due to incorrect usage or even crash damage. Check the warranty and if it has been registered with DJI.

In either case,  it will more than likely require some form of DJI official service if you want to claim on the warranty and if that's the case and they say its down to improper use, its an extra bill to pay.......

May be worth buying a new battery and checking online to see if you can rectify the gimbal issue yourself if you feel confident enough to do it.

Another thing to check is the battery connections inside the bird, make sure nothing is pushed in,  misaligned and or damaged in any way. Connectors should be shiny being new, but give them a wipe anyway to rule out any issues.

Can you post a picture of the battery?
2014-10-24
Use props
cwaniak36
New

Canada

Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 12.10.55 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 12.10.45 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 12.10.33 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 12.11.34 AM.png
2014-10-24
Use props
cwaniak36
New

Canada

OK.... now this sucks..
I ran some recovery software on the memory card that came with the drone, and there are close to 30 pictures and videos.... from the "obvious" previous owner. This makes it an item that was USED in my opinion. The place i bought the drone at states that:

What is Open Box?
The box has been opened, likely for an in-store demonstration or display. Product may have signs of use but is in perfect working order and comes with the manufacturer's original warranty. While in most cases original contents of the box such as straps and cables are included, exceptions may occur.
Evidently, this product is not in perfecet working order...

The sales are final supposedly....
I will make my way there tomorrow....

2014-10-24
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

So your headline opening post is misleading.
Its not brand new, its used and returned, probably damaged.

Return it to the shop and demand your money back, then save up a bit more and buy a new one......
2014-10-24
Use props
cwaniak36
New

Canada

I was under the impression the phantom was indeed brand new.
The story developed with this thread.
2014-10-24
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

cwaniak36, please tell us how you got on.
2014-10-24
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

cwaniak36@yahoo Posted at 2014-10-25 14:00
I was under the impression the phantom was indeed brand new.
The story developed with this thread.

Was it the same price as a new Phantom? If something seems too good to be true, it usually is.
I think you have a pretty good case of a return or at least an exchange.

Keep the photos/videos as proof you were deceived when you take it back. Did the videos show any signs of a crash/abuse?
2014-10-24
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

That battery terminal clearly does not look new!  Im sure I can see dust build up......   Check the serial numbers match those on the box.
Do the serial number stickers look to be tampered with at all on the bird or the box??

The unit looks used,  more so than mine and mines had some trauma......
I've heard of people buying a new one, swapping bits etc.. and returning it....    not saying that's what's happened but it don't look right.

If it was sold as working you are clearly entitled to your money back as the errors prove your point.
trade descriptions, miss selling etc...

I would return it without thinking about it,  but in the event your stuck with it, we are looking at a full check-up. We will cross that bridge when we get to it.........

Good luck
2014-10-25
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Any updates on this sir........:@
2014-10-26
Use props
cwaniak36
New

Canada

mixstreme Posted at 2014-10-27 02:18
Any updates on this sir........

I made my way to the store I purchased the phantom at,
Their sales are final and no returns....
Supposedly now they say the open box items could be some what used or be returns. In other words I'm not getting my money back, however to make the item fully functional, they did give me a different battery, that I agreed to, and the problems seemed to go away.
I took it out and tested it, did some awesome flying.  Everything seems to be in proper working order.
I guess I learned my lesson and I won't be purchasing open box stuff from them ever again.
I'm going to leave it at that, and enjoy my drone as much as possible!
2014-10-26
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Glad to hear its just a battery fault.  You will have some fun and soon enough you will want more batteries........
Id go through a full test on all the settings, just for your peace of mind,  but alls working and flying so good result....

Enjoy and stay safe....  There are a lot of good mods and tips available on the net,  worth having a read......

regards
Mix
2014-10-26
Use props
cwaniak36
New

Canada

mixstreme Posted at 2014-10-27 08:05
Glad to hear its just a battery fault.  You will have some fun and soon enough you will want more ba ...

Will do,
Thanks for everyone's input
2014-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules