Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Phantom 4 Pro just fell out of the sky!
967 7 2017-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gianluca Vassal
First Officer
Flight distance : 629747 ft
Malta

I was using my drone today when at the beginning of the flight I got an ultrasonic error, after moving to a different area and restarting the error did not come again. I was then flying it normally when I lost signal, the drone was not far away from me and it was still in sight. I clicked return home and the drone came home and landed normally. I restarted my drone a second time and tried to fly it close to the ground to test flight capabilities, however when it was at 1.5m height, flight was very unstable and after a few seconds the drone just fell from the sky. When I tried restarting it again I was getting gimbal motor overloaded. The drone does not have any physical damage just scratched propellers and a twitching gimbal. Did any of you encounter this problem? Is this because of the recent firmware update?
2017-12-29
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

not sure what happen? can you upload your flight logs and see maybe we can see what caused it.
2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for the crash, I would recommend you send the drone in for diagnosis, our support will submit a data analysis to check what happened. Please refer to the link below to contact the Support to start a case first. https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2017-12-30
Use props
Gianluca Vassal
First Officer
Malta

I have sent it for repair and I have also opted for data analysis. I was flying my phantom everyday but since the firmware update it didn't feel the same. It was very strange yesterday that I lost signal  at 330m range in plain sight and I had to restart the drone to regain signal.  It was more bizarre to see it just fall of from the sky!
2017-12-30
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 767762 ft
United Kingdom

Gianluca Vassal Posted at 2017-12-30 01:29
I have sent it for repair and I have also opted for data analysis. I was flying my phantom everyday but since the firmware update it didn't feel the same. It was very strange yesterday that I lost signal  at 330m range in plain sight and I had to restart the drone to regain signal.  It was more bizarre to see it just fall of from the sky!

While you are waiting you could always upload your flight logs for people to have a look at, they may be able to shed some light on what happened, here is a link with the instructions how to do it http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-12-30
Use props
Gianluca Vassal
First Officer
Malta

AlanHd Posted at 2017-12-30 01:55
While you are waiting you could always upload your flight logs for people to have a look at, they may be able to shed some light on what happened, here is a link with the instructions how to do it http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Hi AlanHD, since I have sent the drone already for repair, is there a way of how to upload the fight logs from the app on the mobile phone. Before sending it off I had synced all the data.
2017-12-30
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 767762 ft
United Kingdom

Gianluca Vassal Posted at 2017-12-30 10:00
Hi AlanHD, since I have sent the drone already for repair, is there a way of how to upload the fight logs from the app on the mobile phone. Before sending it off I had synced all the data.

The flight logs are on the mobile device, the link I provided gives instructions on how to retrieve them for both android and IOS.
2017-12-30
Use props
Gianluca Vassal
First Officer
Malta

AlanHd Posted at 2017-12-30 10:06
The flight logs are on the mobile device, the link I provided gives instructions on how to retrieve them for both android and IOS.

Thank you very much. Will do so!
2017-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules